Wedding Woes
Options

Oh, thank you, Your Majesty! @@

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited May 2016 in Wedding Woes
Not to beat a dead horse, but to briefly continue yesterday's "I Hate the PTA" theme, I recently received a note from the Room Mom regarding the end of the year party.  (Her son was also in Wooz's class last year, and she was Room Mom then, as well.  I hope they're in separate classes next year.) 

"Also, regarding year end gifts for Mrs [Teacher] and Mrs [Assistant]...I am going to leave it up to each individual student and their parents to give whatever they'd like to their teachers.  I'm sure whatever you decide, they will love and be grateful for.  The only thing I ask is that whatever you do decide to give is given at the party."

ORLY?  She's going to "let" the students/parents decide for ourselves what we'll give the teachers?  How gracious of her! And her note about how sure she is of their love and gratitude for said gifts is truly heartwarming, because I was so very worried!  Oh, but just in case I thought that was the end of it, no, she decided she would have to dictate when to give the gifts.  Why?  Why is that necessary?  What does she care if they give it the day before, the day after, on the last day of school, or during this end of year extravaganza? 

I'm just happy she didn't put a freaking sheet cake on the SignUp Genius this time around.  I think about 2% of that cake was eaten--the party was at 9:30 last year, and not even the kids wanted any.  And it was a full sheet cake.  I think I mentioned that on here last year, because I was like "Who TF orders a full sheet cake for 20 six-year-olds and a handful of parents, especially at 9:30 in the morning?"

Also, she is orange.  Normally I wouldn't care that much, but it just fits, somehow.

Re: Oh, thank you, Your Majesty! @@

• Options
    I'm dreading when my son starts school next year. It depends whether he goes to the French Immersion school or the other school which type of parent I'll have to deal with. From what I can tell from my teacher friends, there are a lot like the above. I'm just hoping to find another mom to split a flask with. 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    Not to beat a dead horse, but to briefly continue yesterday's "I Hate the PTA" theme, I recently received a note from the Room Mom regarding the end of the year party.  (Her son was also in Wooz's class last year, and she was Room Mom then, as well.  I hope they're in separate classes next year.) 

"Also, regarding year end gifts for Mrs [Teacher] and Mrs [Assistant]...I am going to leave it up to each individual student and their parents to give whatever they'd like to their teachers.  I'm sure whatever you decide, they will love and be grateful for.  The only thing I ask is that whatever you do decide to give is given at the party."

ORLY?  She's going to "let" the students/parents decide for ourselves what we'll give the teachers?  How gracious of her! And her note about how sure she is of their love and gratitude for said gifts is truly heartwarming, because I was so very worried!  Oh, but just in case I thought that was the end of it, no, she decided she would have to dictate when to give the gifts.  Why?  Why is that necessary?  What does she care if they give it the day before, the day after, on the last day of school, or during this end of year extravaganza? 

I'm just happy she didn't put a freaking sheet cake on the SignUp Genius this time around.  I think about 2% of that cake was eaten--the party was at 9:30 last year, and not even the kids wanted any.  And it was a full sheet cake.  I think I mentioned that on here last year, because I was like "Who TF orders a full sheet cake for 20 six-year-olds and a handful of parents, especially at 9:30 in the morning?"

Also, she is orange.  Normally I wouldn't care that much, but it just fits, somehow.

I read this in my head in the very animated, sarcastic manner I'm sure you intende and laughed. Thank you.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    So, we DEFINITELY have enough material for a blog now.  :D  

Gahhh...I am picturing Christina Applegate's character from that "Bad Moms" movie (Yes, I have watched the trailer like a dozen times and cannot wait to see it).  
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016

It's so that she can secretly discover how expensive or cheap certain families are...  Gosh I wonder how bad the pearl clutching will be from her to the bottle of Vodka delivered during the class party...

I'm hoping to get ahead of the 8-ball this year with teacher gifts - DD overall had GREAT teachers this year.  A little glitch with the gym teacher, but only because DD has all the coordination of a gnat... Most of all, we weren't on speed dial with the Principal - that's a "Win" right there! 

• Options
    Why doesn't anyone ever call her out on letting people decide on their own what to get and having a dictated time to give it?
  • Options
    MesmrEwe said:

It's so that she can secretly discover how expensive or cheap certain families are...  Gosh I wonder how bad the pearl clutching will be from her to the bottle of Vodka delivered during the class party...

I'm hoping to get ahead of the 8-ball this year with teacher gifts - DD overall had GREAT teachers this year.  A little glitch with the gym teacher, but only because DD has all the coordination of a gnat... Most of all, we weren't on speed dial with the Principal - that's a "Win" right there! 

THIS is my parenting goal when my son is in school. 
  • Options
    Um....I just ignore pretty much every communication from Bacon's school. 

Keeps me happy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards