Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

I am so tired.

Friday night baseball.

Up early Saturday morning to build 5, 5x25 garden beds to grow fresh veggies for local food banks, drive 1 hr to ILs for niece's grad party, drive home, DH takes 6let to Crew game.

Sunday Mass, monopoly, lacrosse, yardwork ( 6 yard bags of waste and barely a dent), make 2 loaves of French toast, bed.

Meanwhile my allergic reaction is STILL flaring up.  I had to dope myself up Saturday then ended up sitting next to SIL who told stupid stories about her diarrhea and her annoying kids.  I told DH I needed a medal for keeping my mouth shut. 

I also LAUGHED my ass off when I looked closely at the graduation invitation for their son.  These are the people that cancel on our parties literally at the last minute.  They asked for RSVPs 2 weeks before the party.  Dollars to donuts the only people that end up there are us, ILs, and her mom.

Re: Monday

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2016
    6, your post is making me tired!

It was a good weekend.  Wooz fell off her horse for the second time at riding, and was shaken but unhurt.  She flew over the first jump, the trainer told her to slow down, she barely did, and then lost her seat coming off the second jump.  The mom in me was all hugs and kisses, the pragmatist in me was thinking "That's why you listen to the trainer, baby doll.  And keep your heels down."

DH and I were talking, and I think we're going to have her take June off from riding.  Swim meets start in two weeks, so we'd have to move her lesson anyway, and TBH we're having a hard time finding a slot in the schedule for it.  Which makes us think that if we have to shoehorn it in somewhere, maybe it's too much.  And she's not riding competitively, so it's not like taking a month off will set her back in any appreciable way. 

We hit the farmer's market on the way home, got some stuff done around the house, and then drove out to this furniture place in the middle of nowhere.  Miracle of miracles, we found DH the reading chair he wanted for Father's Day.  After 10 years, I think we finally have this marriage thing figured out:  when we went in, we had vastly different ideas of what we wanted, but DH managed to find one that I didn't hate.  And then I sat in it and it was so comfy.  And then DS climbed into my lap and put his head on me, and it was even comfier.  And that was that.  I was impressed because usually between the two of us, we hem and haw and dither, but this was super straightforward and simple--maybe 45 minutes from the time we arrived until they handed us the receipt.  The photo phone case I ordered him for Father's Day (he's been ogling mine) arrives tomorrow, so it looks like <this girl> is just about done with Father's Day already.

Pool opened, but it was cold.  Wooz went with a friend and her parents anyway.  I will bet you anything this same kid will be complaining on Wednesday about the pool being too cold at practice.
  • Options
    Friday we went out to a fantastic dinner, then got into a spat about wedding planning in a gas station parking lot. It ended okay. Then a friend came over, so we had a fire and drank almost all the liquor in the house. Friend stayed the night but bounced before we got up. 

Saturday we went to visit our venue and it is even prettier than I had remembered. Also a little smaller. We picked wedding colors. Then I dropped FH off at the airport and it was evening by the time I got home. Watched a couple episodes of kimmy schimdt and crashed out.

Sunday, I bought a blender and ingredients for my cleanse. Made my first smoothie when I got home, tidied up, and went to work for a few hours. I booked the (spoiled rotten) dog's flight.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2016
    Weekend was all right.

Friday, I went out with my sister and some friends.  I wore the wrong walking shoes, but other than that it was a good time.  I got home super late...like 1am. 

Saturday, DH thought he was going to help his dad install a new front door, but FIL decided against it because the weather was bullshit.  So we went to breakfast and then grocery shopping.  Then we cleaned house for a bit.  We had a grad party in the afternoon.  After got home, I did some online shopping.  I got 8 pairs of shorts and 6 or 7 shirts for $120.  Kids are taken care of for summer. :D

Sunday, I cleaned and organized.  Ran laundry.  Cooked.  Threw out a bunch of broken toys and happy meal shit and what not.  We rearranged the living room and it seems a lot bigger now. 

This morning has sucked a big one.  And I have to take DefConn to KG assessment this afternoon and I don't have the luxury of time to deal with bullshit.
  • Options
    I have been up since 2AM.  I have poison ivy in places I can't even reach, so I'm blaming the dogs on this one.  Guess it's time to get into the brush and spray.  My allergies have been just abominable since I got home from the wedding, and I am not entirely sure why.  I never have spring allergies.

Yesterday was a much needed lazy day.  We got through 3 Netflix movies in my "My List," and I know that, given the fact that I was doing laundry up until the time I left for work this morning, the sloth is going to bite me in the ass this week.

I told DH I wanted a "Baby Plan," since we don't have one, and I am the kind of person who has to have things planned down to the tiniest detail before I can commit to anything, notwithstanding surprises of any kind.  His response was, "The deer ate my green beans."  Surprise it is, then.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @AtomicBlonde that Sucks! I am allergic to something in our yard but no idea what. Hope you feel less itchy soon!

@Heffalump I used to fall off a lot until I figured out I was gripping with my knees instead of putting weight in my heels. Luckily, kids are pretty bouncey and the sand is pretty soft.
  • Options
    Friday night was a lazy evening at home with movies, wine, and K.  

Saturday, I went and volunteered at the local food pantry with my Skeptics group.  I took K with me.  She's started going to some of the Skeptics events and loves all of the people and they love her.  I like that.  The rest of the day was basically lounging in bed, watching movies, snuggling, and wine.

Sunday we took an impromptu trip to another city about 3 hours away where K went to collge.  I met one of K's long time friends, who was lovely.  We walked around downtown and checked out a few of her old haunts.  Bought some good beer, ate some great Korean tacos, and got her 2nd nipple piercing.  I refused to sit in the room with her for that, no thank you ma'am.  She now has both horizontal and vertical bars.
  • Options
    Friday, the computers were down at work.. So it was a waste of a day. Friday night, FI and I went fishing. Only my second time fishing and I caught a 15 pound catfish all by myself :) We got home from fishing about 2 am.

Saturday, we slept in until like noon. I got up, went to the store, when I got home, FI was asleep on the couch. At least he made it out of bed. We then went to dinner with some friends for FI's birthday. Then went and saw Civil War.

Sunday was FI's birthday. We went to breakfast with his parents and my mom. Then we just hung around the house. He LOVED his Man Crate!! I got him the bass fishing one, so he is excited to use it.

Monday is now catch up day at work because nothing got done on Friday... Oh well, I'll hopefully get everything done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have been up since 2AM.  I have poison ivy in places I can't even reach, so I'm blaming the dogs on this one.  Guess it's time to get into the brush and spray.  My allergies have been just abominable since I got home from the wedding, and I am not entirely sure why.  I never have spring allergies.

Yesterday was a much needed lazy day.  We got through 3 Netflix movies in my "My List," and I know that, given the fact that I was doing laundry up until the time I left for work this morning, the sloth is going to bite me in the ass this week.

I told DH I wanted a "Baby Plan," since we don't have one, and I am the kind of person who has to have things planned down to the tiniest detail before I can commit to anything, notwithstanding surprises of any kind.  His response was, "The deer ate my green beans."  Surprise it is, then.
    Ugh, me too! I have it on the tops of my feet, which I'm also assuming is from the dogs. I found the benadryl cream with menthol has been helping (and benadryl at night). Good luck!
  • Options
    I am really tired today.
    Friday was my day off, so I slept in, got a massage, had lunch out, and then went out with DK for a date night. We went to my favorite Italian place and had an awesome time. Before we went home, we ended up in a sporting goods store so he could buy waders for an event on Saturday.

Saturday, DK went to a fishing/gathering trip with his aquarium club. He had fun, and their weather held out. We had storms for most of the day up at our house (he was an hour or so south) so Wolverine and I just watched movies and napped. 

Yesterday I went to an aquarium store with DK so he could swap out some of his fish. Wolveriene and I sat there and watched the guy's brittle starfish climb through a maze of tanks, try to catch a shrimp, and get attacked by a clam. It was pretty entertaining. In the evening, I met up with a friend for dinner and a concert. Seeing as how we're old, we ended up upgrading to VIP so we could sit down for the show. It also started an hour later than we thought, so I didnt' get home until about 11:15 - this isn't late for me in terms of bed, but DK and I ended up watching GoT, so we didn't end up going to bed until closer to 1245. 

I had to be up early today to see my neurologist (PT then botox) - so i'm worn out. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We went to the lake to go fishing Saturday night and slept on the boat.  It was fun, but I always suck at sleeping on the boat. The trade-off of getting out of the city and sleeping under the stars, far enough out where we could actually see them, is worth it. Plus, being out in the sun that much makes me tired. Then got home yesterday afternoon and I had to do all the laundry.  So, today I'm tired. 

Plus, my dog has something going on.  He is hesitating on jumping on the bed/sofa and whimpering a bit.  It started Friday, but seems to be getting slightly worse.  I don't know if he's having problems with hips or if it's something else.  His knee dislocates sometimes, but this is different.  He acted similar a few years ago when he had a UTI and enlarged prostate, so I'm wondering if it's something like that again. I don't know, but there seems to be something going on.  He's eating/drinking and going to bathroom fine and still playing with toys, so it doesn't seem too urgent.  And he seems only mildly distressed, but enough to know something is wrong.  We have a vet appointment tomorrow.

Today is my birthday, so I'm trying to figure out where I want to get free food tonight.  There is an awesome BBQ place that does free birthday food, but I'm not sure I want to drive all the way there after work.  I'd rather get something closer and go home and sleep.

• Options
    @princessleia22 Happy birthday!!

My parents' dog did the same thing a while back, and it turned out he had Lyme's.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

@Heffalump I used to fall off a lot until I figured out I was gripping with my knees instead of putting weight in my heels. Luckily, kids are pretty bouncey and the sand is pretty soft.
    I will mention that, about the knees--good tip, thanks!  If I had a nickel for every time the trainer told her to keep her heels down, I probably could have bought her her own horse by now.  I need to get her this:

httpecximages-amazoncomimagesI41O-pBcAPtL_SX342_jpg

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Happy birthday @princessleia22! Enjoy!
  • Options
    We went to see Young Frankenstein (the musical!) at a local community theatre with my parents Friday night. Hysterical, but for the assholes in the audience who kept making noises and yelling out the lines/ruining punchlines. People weren't that rowdy when we saw Spamalot.

H and I were both in a grumpy mood for no particular reason on Saturday.

Sunday was quiet. Dad and I finalized the itinerary for next weekend's Charleston trip for the four of us. There will be much booze. And history. And boozy history (no shit--we're going on a tavern walk with a guide dressed up as a pirate).

I'm working from home tomorrow, so I'll probably use the time that I would otherwise be commuting to pack. Yay.
  • Options

Sunday was quiet. Dad and I finalized the itinerary for next weekend's Charleston trip for the four of us. There will be much booze. And history. And boozy history (no shit--we're going on a tavern walk with a guide dressed up as a pirate).

you guys should dress as pirates to match
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards