Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hump Day

Re: Hump Day

• Options
    Back to play for a bit ....

Reading some of your craziest things makes me feel lame! I've done a lot of dumb things, but none feel crazy lol
  • Options
    @TwoDimes OMG that does look terrifying! No thanks.
  • Options
    @AlPacina yeah, so now you have to visit.
  • Options
    @AlPacina OMG Trainwreck!!! I enjoyed that movie waaaay more than I thought I would.
  • Options

@wink0erin - I'm so excited for you! I actually just had a "memory" show up on FB today that said I was in Costa Rica 7 years ago now. It still feels like yesterday. That country still holds a pretty big chunk of my heart.

(It's Montezuma Falls in Mal Pais, if you're interested in the waterfall. The one I jumped off of actually leads to an 80' waterfall immediately below it.)

• Options
    So it's settled... everyone's coming to visit me to go kayaking.

You only have two kayaks. It's gonna start getting dangerous, or at least look ridiculous. :P

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina - GOOD! I loved DaVinci Code. I did read the first two and they were really good (I gave them 5* on GR). There are 7 books in this series (plus a 5.5 and a 6.5) but I feel like I'm going to fly through them because they're just SO GOOD. 

• Options
    AlPacina said:
    So it's settled... everyone's coming to visit me to go kayaking.

You only have two kayaks. It's gonna start getting dangerous, or at least look ridiculous. :P
    between the two we have, the three his parents have, the two my step dad has, and the three canoes we have, I think we'll be fine
  • Options

@swazzle - Okay, I'll add them to my list. I also seem to love dark and twisted books. It's so much better on the fiction side, but I find myself drawn to a lot of fucked up memoirs too, because of it.

@speakeasy14 - Yes, I take it back. Although, I call a kayak. Canoes are the opposite of fun! I hate constantly feeling like it's going to tip over.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @AlPacina - What do you read on? I have a ton of books in my email that I can send to you but you have to be able to open the attachment with something.

• Options
    1) What are you wearing today? black slacks, white and black basket weave flowy top, long blue cardi and a blue necklace.
    2) Have you seen any good movies lately? Trainwreck and Civil War were both really good
    3) Do you have any trips coming up? I wish! We are planning to visit Atlanta in September, but nothing's been booked yet. I need to get my last name changed with the airline first.
    4) What dessert would you like to eat right this second? I have a little bit of acid reflux, so dessert sounds really bad right now. I'm normally all about dessert, so for me to not want any is very strange.
    5) What's the craziest thing you've ever done? I've gone skydiving and have ziplined a few times, but I was never scared to do those things. I think the thing that freaked me out the most was ziplining into a cenote in Mexico. I kept imaging a sea monster lying beneath the water or flesh-eating bacteria or something.

*sigh* I'm so down in the dumps this week. I'm so demoralized at work, and I loathe everything involved with searching for a new job. I spent all last night working on an application for a local university, and I'm still not done. Most applications in my field require short answer questions/mini essays in addition to a cover letter, so it's a lot of work when I'm not even guaranteed an interview, you know? I just don't understand why my resume and a cover letter aren't enough for this phase of job selection. If they want to know my thoughts on these things after looking over my resume and cover letter, then schedule a phone interview! Geez.

TMI warning: I'm also really annoyed with H right now. He's legitimately sick but too stubborn to take a sick day. We bickered about it all morning. I think he has really bad food poisoning because it's all GI stuff, but they're REALLY bad. Like, change the sheets bad.  :( He's very stubborn though and hates to admit when he's sick, so he's at work today. Let's just hope his GI issues don't return.

On top of all that, work is busy as ever. I'm in the office today instead of working from home because I have to work on some really complicated stuff that I'm not 100% comfortable with, and it's easier to do it all from the office. 

Sorry, this was basically a LiveJournal post, and it's taken me so long to write that I don't have time to respond to anyone. I suck today. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @swazzle - I just buy hard copies of books. I tried reading on my iPad once and absolutely hated it. What do you use? Do you like it? I think if I had a more realistic texture to the screen rather than a glow it would be easier for me, but so far I haven't caved and bought any reading tech, like a Kindle or Nook.

• Options
    PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    @eilis1228 I hear that changing your name on airlines rewards is the hardest thing! Sorry that your H feels bad.. that's awful that he went to work, what if he has a code brown or something while there?!

And I hear you on feeling demoralized at work...*EDIT sorry guys I just realized that a ton of people at my work are engaged and could be lurking... probably not super smart for me to voice my job woes on the internet. 

Did anyone else hear what you heard your HR team talking about? I'm so disgusted with them... I'm in HR and we would never talk about our employees like that.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 I'm sorry your H is sick...and being dumb and going to work! That really annoys me too!

I think changing my name on my Delta Skymiles account was the most complicated part of the name change process!! Wtf airlines?

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 I'm sorry your H is sick...and being dumb and going to work! That really annoys me too!

I think changing my name on my Delta Skymiles account was the most complicated part of the name change process!! Wtf airlines?

• Options
    @Alpacina I definitely won't be jumping off of any waterfalls while I'm in Costa Rica, I have this massive fear of jumping off of things, hahaha. I'm so excited about the trip and already wishing we had booked a longer trip, but BF doesn't have much vacation time saved up. September is rainy season though but I hope it'll be fine. I mean, I was in Ireland during the spring and survived!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 thanks for the update! I've been thinking about her... pass along my good vibes to her please!!
  • Options

@eilis1228 - *Huge Hug* I'm going to start applying for jobs as they show up. Applying for government jobs is so tedious and annoying, so I feel you on having to put in so much work and possibly not even getting an interview afterward. Also, your H sounds like a WEIRDO. ;)

@speakeasy14 - Thank you for the update!

@wink0erin - Those waterfalls are also awesome just to visit in general. I didn't jump off the first time, but had to go back! The little town it's near is covered in murals and is right on the coast. But, if you only have a short trip then I wouldn't want you to waste time traveling there.

• Options
    @eilis1228  your poor H! Not a fun time :( he should be staying home! Although if he's use to it, that may explain the stubborn-ness, still not fun :\
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Thank you for the update, @cocobellaf has been on my mind! All the vibes for her! 

• Options

@eilis1228 Why do you have to change your name? I mean if you still have an ID with your maiden name on it, you can just fly under that name for now. I've done it a few times because I refuse to pay $130 on a new passport until it expires. But yea, that sucks with the job applications, I hate when it's an online portal that makes you type every single thing that's on your resume. Hope you find something soon and get some interviews.

@alpacina yes please on TK text lessons. I feel like my internet explorer (work) doesn't give me all the capabilities that it should. Like I can't even quote. I click it all day and it does nothing, so that might be part of my problem. Also, your threesome story is pretty crazy, I feel too shy to do that now- nevermind on my 2nd time!! lol

@speakeasy14 damn, we need to merge. I live on the pond but have no kayaks yet!

@wink0erin We stopped at costa rica on a cruise when I was about 13. I remember going on an excursion to some rain forest and taking a picture with a leaf taller than myself.

So glad to hear coco & kennedy are hanging in there!

• Options
    @AlPacina I'll have 5 days and 6 nights. The travel part is going to blow though, BF is afraid of flying and we will be on 3 different planes each way!

• Options

Question- do you feel like you have to bring a dish to every party you go to?

I have two events coming up- BBQ at my brother's house this weekend that's specifically for my niece's birthday and they wrote "If you want to bring any food, the more the better". And a friend's annual summer BBQ she wrote "Any help with food would be fantastic". In the past, I always bring a dish just because I feel like it's the polite thing to do, but I'm kind of sick of it. At what point do I ever get to just show up and enjoy the party and let the host do it all? Is that rude?

• Options
    @jenna8984 I usually don't bring a dish to BBQ's and such, unless I really want to. If I bring anything it's my own beer. It kind of depends on the crowd though. 

• Options
    @jenna8984 Like @wink0erin I usually bring the beer but that's because I get it for free and have so damn much of it (Maybe I should put that in the FWP thread?) But if it's not a beer-type event I usually try to bring a little something for the host even if it's a bottle of wine or flowers I pick up at the store. I only make a dish if I have the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards