Wedding Woes

wanderlust

We just did a weekend trip in April, are taking a trip over Memorial Day weekend, will be planning a trip in July/August for PA, will likely do another weekend trip in the fall, and already have a cruise booked over Christmas. 

Despite all of that, I really want to go somewhere. Like, now.

It's a sickness. 

Re: wanderlust

• Barbie, I'm the same way. I'm planning my summer trips now. I found a good deal for Puerto Vallarta in June and looking at Palm Springs in July.
  • We just spent two nights in Jupiter,FL and I am wanting to go back NOW.   

• Puerto Vallarta was awesome. :smiley: 
  • Ugh, I will plan my trips like a year in advance because I look forward to them so much!  Plus I also plan trips that I'll never take... just wishful thinking.  I want to travel alllll the time.  But I don't make the money for that, lol.

We are hoping to at least go to New Orleans for a few days this June (we live in Houston).  I'm looking forward to it!  NOLA is nice because even though it's not that far, it has an exotic feel to it.  I can pretend I'm in Europe :)

SaveSave
  • I'm looking forward to it. Do you remember where you stayed?
  • @NOLABridesmaid - We stayed at Dreams resort. It was for our honeymoon, so 10 years in October. We're planning to go back at some point for our anniversary. The resort was really nice - we stayed there for the most part, but we also did a booze cruise and went snorkeling. We also spent some time in town, especially in the market. The resort had a lot of activities  - loved the swim up bar, food was fantastic, service was great, and we got to release baby sea turtles, which was very cool. 
  • monkeysip said:
    Ugh, I will plan my trips like a year in advance because I look forward to them so much!  Plus I also plan trips that I'll never take... just wishful thinking.  I want to travel alllll the time.  But I don't make the money for that, lol.

We are hoping to at least go to New Orleans for a few days this June (we live in Houston).  I'm looking forward to it!  NOLA is nice because even though it's not that far, it has an exotic feel to it.  I can pretend I'm in Europe :)
    I do that too. We're going to Charleston with my parents this weekend and I want to leave nownownow. H and I have never been before. I've already got our stuff 99% packed. I know we travel a LOT for how broke we are, but I still want more, lol. We went to New Orleans this past Halloween and I already want to go back. H wants to go back to Puerto Rico first, though. And eventually we want to go overseas... Ireland, Barcelona, Belize... sigh. Why does that shit have to be so expensive?!?

• I do that too. We're going to Charleston with my parents this weekend and I want to leave nownownow. H and I have never been before. I've already got our stuff 99% packed. I know we travel a LOT for how broke we are, but I still want more, lol. We went to New Orleans this past Halloween and I already want to go back. H wants to go back to Puerto Rico first, though. And eventually we want to go overseas... Ireland, Barcelona, Belize... sigh. Why does that shit have to be so expensive?!?
    Not sure where you live, but Southwest is currently offering $126 to Belize City from Hobby (Houston). They just started international flights to the Caribbean and Central America last fall, and the prices have been great. (Hobby is a hub and it's less than an hour from our house, so pretty convenient for us, although DK hasn't let me book Costa Rica, yet.)

Belize is really cool. We've been there 2x on cruises and really enjoyed it. The first time we did a river ride through the rainforest and visited the Mayan ruins (Altun Ha). The second time we took a glass bottom boat tour of the barrier reef and then they took us to a small island along the reef where we went snorkeling/had a beach day. I'd love to go back and spend a few more days there. 
  • I'm thankful that I get to join FI on business trips + we have a few personal trips as well. Upcoming in 2016 - Chicago, Canadian maritimes, Anchorage, London/Zurich/Athens/Mykonos, Amsterdam/Rhine river cruise/Basel/Zurich, Toronto, Vancouver. Despite this, I'm always looking for new and exciting things to book.
  • I was in Miami last month and wil go to Clearwater next weekend for my nieces 1st birthday but never consider Clearwater as a trip since I'm there 2-3x a year usually. 

The next trip isn't until our honeymoon in December which makes me very very sad. FI is going to China this summer for 3 weeks and my girlfriends wanted to do a trip while he was gone but I don't think I can swing a trip AND our cocktail hour food. Le sigh. 

• I do that too. We're going to Charleston with my parents this weekend and I want to leave nownownow. H and I have never been before. I've already got our stuff 99% packed. I know we travel a LOT for how broke we are, but I still want more, lol. We went to New Orleans this past Halloween and I already want to go back. H wants to go back to Puerto Rico first, though. And eventually we want to go overseas... Ireland, Barcelona, Belize... sigh. Why does that shit have to be so expensive?!?
    I love Charleston! Such good restaurants. This time of year will be perfect temperature-wise. Have fun!

• We haven't had a trip in a loooong time, and I don't see one on the horizon, either :disappointed: Our last trip was a 12-day cruise around Europe, and that was my first real vacation/travel experience... and I have the bug bad.  I'm trying to get DH to agree to go back to Europe (Ireland!!!!), but he's on the fence.  

If it weren't for Zika, we would be going to St. Maarten or St. Thomas over Thanksgiving.  But I'm too paranoid about what we don't know about Zika to think it's worth the risk.  What if it's like herpes, or shingles, and just lingers in the system for an unknown length of time?

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• *Barbie* said:

I do that too. We're going to Charleston with my parents this weekend and I want to leave nownownow. H and I have never been before. I've already got our stuff 99% packed. I know we travel a LOT for how broke we are, but I still want more, lol. We went to New Orleans this past Halloween and I already want to go back. H wants to go back to Puerto Rico first, though. And eventually we want to go overseas... Ireland, Barcelona, Belize... sigh. Why does that shit have to be so expensive?!?
    Not sure where you live, but Southwest is currently offering $126 to Belize City from Hobby (Houston). They just started international flights to the Caribbean and Central America last fall, and the prices have been great. (Hobby is a hub and it's less than an hour from our house, so pretty convenient for us, although DK hasn't let me book Costa Rica, yet.)

Belize is really cool. We've been there 2x on cruises and really enjoyed it. The first time we did a river ride through the rainforest and visited the Mayan ruins (Altun Ha). The second time we took a glass bottom boat tour of the barrier reef and then they took us to a small island along the reef where we went snorkeling/had a beach day. I'd love to go back and spend a few more days there. 
    Might have to look into that. We're in NC. I don't know if Charlotte is a hub for SW, I know it is for American Airlines. It's close enough to be reasonably convenient. Funny, though, it was cheaper to fly to PR from Raleigh, connecting in Charlotte! We actually drove 3 hours to his parents and had them drop us off in order to save about $400 on the tickets.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I leave for Hawaii next Wednesday and I'm already trying to think of somewhere we can go this fall but not sure what I can convince H to do
  • edited May 2016

:( I have no vacation in sight but lately it's all I can think about. I'm hoping to go to an away Bears game (Dallas or Tampa) so I'll see if I can swing that later.

Next year is our ten year (dating) anniversary so maybe we'll go on a nice vacation. This year is H's 30th though so I wish we could go somewhere sooner.

Our bucket list is all the national parks. We've only been to a handful but I'm hoping to convince H to go to Utah for our next vacation.

ETA: You guys are bad influences. I'm now researching a road trip to Dallas for the Bears game, then to New Orleans and back home, which would take me to several states I've never been to. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • *Barbie* said:

Might have to look into that. We're in NC. I don't know if Charlotte is a hub for SW, I know it is for American Airlines. It's close enough to be reasonably convenient. Funny, though, it was cheaper to fly to PR from Raleigh, connecting in Charlotte! We actually drove 3 hours to his parents and had them drop us off in order to save about $400 on the tickets.
    Are you in western NC? Greenville, SC airport is small but runs a ton of southwest flights, might be worth looking into if you're not too far. I've flown out of there a lot because they have far more flights than Asheville but not as far as driving to Charlotte. 
  • *Barbie* said:

Charlotte is a SW hub now that they bought AirTran a few years ago! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards