Honeymoon Discussions

Florida Keys

My Fiancee and I are headed to the Florida Keys for our honeymoon. We are trying to figure out where to stay. We have found an option in Key Largo. But not sure if that is the key we want to stay at. I am wondering which island has the clearest (Caribbean like) water?

Re: Florida Keys

• You may want to post this on the local boards as local Knotties may have the best advice.
  • When are you going?  We stayed in Key Largo (scuba diving) once in November and it was DEAD.  We drove down to Key West one day just for the day, but it was almost a 2 hour drive each way (though beautiful!) and if I had my choice, I would've stayed in Key West at a hotel with a private beach.   All depends on what you're looking for on your honeymoon though.  I don't recall Key Largo having any great beaches though.  At least our hotel didn't!
  • Ditto Key Largo being pretty dead, and not very nice overall.  It felt a little run down actually.  Key West has a great small town vibe, though it is super touristy.  We only spent 2 days total there, unfortunately, and I had food poisoning for the first day too, so slept in the back of the car a lot.  

You won't find a lot of great beaches throughout the keys.  There are a few throughout though.  There are a lot of cool things to see though, if you want some ideas.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards