Chit Chat
Options

Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Re: Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

• Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    I have a tendency to fall asleep on the couch while we're watching something.  BF has discovered that he needs to wake me up before I reach REM sleep or I jolt awake freaked out and babbling nonsense. Fell asleep during Twin Peaks today, I was yelling about Bob when BF woke me up because I had hit the deep part of my sleep.

• Options
    We got tickets to the Tragically Hip concert today!!  I'm so excited and sad for their last tour.  

For everyone south of the boarder, the Hip are a fantastic Canadian band who have been playing since the 90's at least.  The lead singer, who has an incredibly unique voice was just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, and this is now their last/farewell tour.  They've been fantastic every time I've seen them play 
    *high 5* fellow Canadian!
    Not a fan of the Hip but my gosh I was sad hearing the news :(
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new here but I wanted to join. I'm also Canadian! :) 
  • Options

My boss' assistant is out today. I've listened to him (on speakerphone) call a fax number five times and then yell to me, three offices away, in a really whiney voice for the number he wants.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold  kick him in the shins. 
  • Options
    Someone at work commented on this one annoying gray hair I have and keep forgetting to pluck; and my IDGAF is so high I didn't even react.
  • Options
    I am wearing skull earrings and a sparrow necklace.  My jewelry is having a personality crisis.
  • Options
    I am wearing skull earrings and a sparrow necklace.  My jewelry is having a personality crisis.
    That sounds awesome:)  And I don't normally wear jewelry.  
  • Options
    I'm wearing a mountain outline necklace AND a mermaid necklace. So I feel you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    One of my agents is on vacation in Whitefish, MT. Where I wanted to get married and where I wanted to live. I'm so jealous and selfishly sad.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    We got tickets to the Tragically Hip concert today!!  I'm so excited and sad for their last tour.  

For everyone south of the boarder, the Hip are a fantastic Canadian band who have been playing since the 90's at least.  The lead singer, who has an incredibly unique voice was just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, and this is now their last/farewell tour.  They've been fantastic every time I've seen them play 
    I'm a Buffalonian and we love them there as well. So sad, I grew up listening to them and going to shows. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    In case any of you were wondering, Chili Nut M & Ms are no bueno. They taste like regular peanut M & Ms at first, but then the heat sneaks up on you. It's not a good kind of spicy, either, just hot. I predict heartburn in my future.

The Crispy S'more M & Ms are fantastic, though.
  • Options
    So we went for a bike ride tonight, found a new neighbourhood (only has sewers being put in, the rest is a field), which apparently has an adult playground in places throughout.  Tried a few pieces out, and I can do a chin up!!  Pretty impressed with myself.  

• Options
    BF just saved a baby bird that fell out the nest in our backyard.  It was unharmed but too young to fly back. He put on gloves and gently returned it. I keep hugging him and saying "you saved a baby bird". Mom and Dad have both been in and out of nest without rejecting the little one. <3
    Awesome! You've got a keeper.  <3
  • Options
    BF just saved a baby bird that fell out the nest in our backyard.  It was unharmed but too young to fly back. He put on gloves and gently returned it. I keep hugging him and saying "you saved a baby bird". Mom and Dad have both been in and out of nest without rejecting the little one. <3
    Awesome! You've got a keeper.  <3
    He was so happy when he realized he could save the baby bird. He has a very gentle heart

• Options
    Oh be still my heart <3
  • Options
    I'm wearing corduroy pants and listening to the Smashing Pumpkins. Where am I and why am I an adult? 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    In case any of you were wondering, Chili Nut M & Ms are no bueno. They taste like regular peanut M & Ms at first, but then the heat sneaks up on you. It's not a good kind of spicy, either, just hot. I predict heartburn in my future.

The Crispy S'more M & Ms are fantastic, though.
    we tried all 3 of the new flavors -- minus this crispy Smore thing I've not heard of it?? - the chili, honey, and coffee and hated them all. There is still an unopened back of the honey ones in the cabinet which says a lot because we are candy fiends.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm back from vacation after being gone from work for almost 2 weeks. It's rough and I have no motivation to catch up on everything
  • Options
    I finally broke down and borrowed 50 Shades of Grey from the library. I'm thinking of taking a drink every time the author wrote "murmured." 

• Options
    kvruns said:
    we tried all 3 of the new flavors -- minus this crispy Smore thing I've not heard of it?? - the chili, honey, and coffee and hated them all. There is still an unopened back of the honey ones in the cabinet which says a lot because we are candy fiends.
    hold on, I'm going to give you my fed-ex number.  FI and I love Peanut M&M's, and we loved those.  Didn't try the chili one, but I was in love with the honey nut.

• Options
    thisismynickname said:

I finally broke down and borrowed 50 Shades of Grey from the library. I'm thinking of taking a drink every time the author wrote "murmured." 

SITB

I play drinking games all the time when I read. Mostly because I'm dumb, and I never learn, and I always end up getting those free Kindle books off of Amazon. And, with the exception of two I've read, the ones I get are always terrible. Usually, I take a drink when I see the word "nod." I never noticed how much people nod their heads in poorly edited text. I do a double shot when I see an author get "clever" and do something like make their characters "wag [their] heads back and forth." That book was a doozy.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    You're more patient than I am. I read the first chapter and said, "Pfft, I can write better than this."
  • Options
    You're more patient than I am. I read the first chapter and said, "Pfft, I can write better than this."
    I saw the movie. If it's true to the book, I am glad I didn't waste my time reading it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    STB

You want to good smut, go pick up Kushiels Dart.  Sexy stuff and VERY well written. 

• Options
    STB

You want to good smut, go pick up Kushiels Dart.  Sexy stuff and VERY well written. 
    My inner goddess is clapping her hands in anticipation of sexy, well-written stuff. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards