14% 11 votes
I've never used this phrase
56% 43 votes
I have no idea what this phrase means
23% 18 votes
I just want to click and tell a story below
3% 3 votes

Re: On Fleek

• My coworker (20) told me my eyebrows were "on fleek". I told her I didn't know what that meant and she laughed at me.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2016
    I had to Google it just now, and I'm still not sure I understand what it means or why it's used.  I have never heard of or seen this phrase until right now.

ETA I can't decide if I feel fortunate or just out of touch,

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• This is one of those phrases that makes me throw up in my mouth a little. It's just as weird/annoying as when people use the word "legit" as an adverb.
  • My 21yo assistant says this, but in her defense her eyebrows are most certainly "on fleek". She also refers to things she likes as being "sick". I feel about 65 when I'm around her.

• This phrase annoys me. I know what it means, but I don't use it. One of my friends (a talented hairstylist and cosmetologist in her early 30's) was told by some teenager that her makeup was on fleek. She politely said thank you, and then the kid said "do you know what that means?".... as though 30 is some dinosaur age that can't comprehend current sayings.

• lnixon8lnixon8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I teach highschool but am still confused why its almost only (at least what I hear) about eyebrows.

• What does fleek mean?
  • Heffalump said:
    6fsn said:
    I know what it means, but would never actually SAY it. 

http66mediatumblrcom914fac24f679e281c6b71c801747f4e9tumblr_n9ndg1h1kC1rxevt4o1_500jpg
    Same here. I DESPISE this phrase.
  • I only know because I work with kids, and they don't really use it anymore.

• I know I am older than most and I know I said stupid stuff when I was young.  Like groovy.  But some of the phrases that pop up now absolutely peg my stupid meter and make me want to hurt much younger people.  Please say I haven't turned into a cranky old lady
  • I once said it ironically, but I think I was using it wrong and I still the myself for uttering the phrase. :(

• I know what this phrase is, and I hate it with a passion.  

• I've never used it, but I know generally what it means because I teach high school kids.  But I usually don't adapt their lingo, lol.  This phrase is up there with "adorbs" and "get turnt" for me.

SaveSave
  • kmmssg said:
    I know I am older than most and I know I said stupid stuff when I was young.  Like groovy.  But some of the phrases that pop up now absolutely peg my stupid meter and make me want to hurt much younger people.  Please say I haven't turned into a cranky old lady
    I'm 39 and it's things like this that make me want to yell at kids to "get off my lawn" and poke them with my cane.
  • I like it.  I like using it in my hashtags, #fatfortyfleek.  I prefer "on point" though.  But I hang out with drag queens, so..... :)
  • monkeysip said:
    I've never used it, but I know generally what it means because I teach high school kids.  But I usually don't adapt their lingo, lol.  This phrase is up there with "adorbs" and "get turnt" for me.
    What in the hell does that mean?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • monkeysip said:
    I've never used it, but I know generally what it means because I teach high school kids.  But I usually don't adapt their lingo, lol.  This phrase is up there with "adorbs" and "get turnt" for me.
    Getting as drunk and/or high as possible.  "Turnt up".  :D 
  • edited May 2016
    monkeysip said:
    Getting as drunk and/or high as possible.  "Turnt up".  :D 

LOL that would be why I don't know it - I'm way too old to do that. :P
  • I have used this phrase sarcastically. 
  • This is slang that just doesn't make sense to me. If you want to say totes or adorbs, you're shortening normal words. If you're saying on fleek instead of on point, it's the exact same number of syllables. Why bother?

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    This phrase makes we want to gag.

I eventually figured out what it meant by context after seeing a few posts on FB with reference to the phrase. One of which was my SIL (who is decade older than I) using the phrase in reference to her daughter's hair bun she did for ballet class.

I will never use it.

I occasionally use "turnt" sarcastically. Mostly because I think, "when did we move from 'crunk' to 'turnt'?" At least "crunk" kind of makes sense (crazy drunk).
  • *Barbie* said:
    I have used this phrase sarcastically. 
    i did this today with a scratch on my face ... "scratch on fleek"
  • I have an irrational hatred for "on fleek" and "bae". Half the time I have no idea what kids are talking about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards