New Jersey
Options

Help! NJ Wedding 15k budget, cannot locate a venue

Hi All, Recently engaged and have a strict budget. Sadly, its just me and my fiance footing the expenses and we are budgeting 15k for venue, food, flowers, music, photographer... Its been impossible to find a decent venue. I reside in Clifton and we are willing to go 60 min away for the right place. We are willing to do a Friday wedding. Please, I am looking for any advice or help. 

Re: Help! NJ Wedding 15k budget, cannot locate a venue

• Options
    How many guests are you inviting? 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    How many people are you planning to invite and would you also be willing to do a Sunday wedding? 
  • Options
    Between 115-120
  • Options
    I would PREFER a friday BUT gotta do what you gotta do right!?
  • Options
    What month are you planning on getting married?   I'm on a budget as well and the list of venues below have been flexible.

I've gotten quotes from all of them for $130 a head or less (after tax).  In most cases they were willing to come to my budget by adjusting the menu (remove an appetizer from cocktail hour, etc).

Flander's Valley - Flanders
    Mayfair Farms - West Orange
    Oakside Mansion - Bloomfield
    Famstead Gold - Lafayette
    Victor's Chateau - Little Falls
    Lafayette House - Lafayette
    Canon Gate - Rockaway
    The Manor - West Orange
    Bridgewater Manor - Bridgewater
    Bello Giorno - Belvidere
  • Options
    Thank you so much! That is very helpful to know. I am shooting for a Friday in September. I know its a little more expensive but my FI is a sweaty mess and has terrible allergies! very limited options. How did you bring up removing items? A few of those places are certainly on my list. 
  • Options
    @sshat4000 said:
    Thank you so much! That is very helpful to know. I am shooting for a Friday in September. I know its a little more expensive but my FI is a sweaty mess and has terrible allergies! very limited options. How did you bring up removing items? A few of those places are certainly on my list. 

I basically just say that I really like the venue but am on a budget of about $100 pp after fees and ask if there is anything they could do to get closer to my number (remove appetizer(s) from cocktail hour, shorten reception by 30 minutes, limit top shelf liquor). 

Most of them have been willing to work something out. Farmstead was especially flexible.  

• Options
    Just use a pp $ that's realistic. I am getting married off season but September is still wedding season even though Fridays are cheaper.
  • Options
    Pantagis in Scotch Plains is probably within your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards