Illinois-Chicago
Options

Alteration Recommendations?

Does anyone have recommendations for alterations?  I am located in the city but am able to commute if someone is located in the suburbs.

Thanks!

Re: Alteration Recommendations?

• Options

I went to Elena Covello in Glenview and she was amazing! I just got married this past June so I worked with her from March - June, 2016.

I bought my dress at Wedding Belles in Barrington and they highly recommended her. My dress was a floor sample so it was about 3 sizes too big with a beaded bodice. I wasn't sure how it was going to go but she pulled it off and it fit perfectly! I even had a beaded piece all along the back and she was somehow able to detach it and create snaps so that I could take the beaded shoulders and back off for the reception.

I got a few quotes at some places downtown and they gave me prices of $700 and up. She charged me $400 for everything and she did SO much work on my dress! I'm not kidding you - it was crazy. I don't know how she did it.

I gave her business card to all of my friends that are getting married this year and they all loved my dress so they want to use her too. She has a little alterations studio set up in the basement of her home with mirrors and a pedestal. I live in River North downtown so it was kind of a pain getting out to Glenview for the appointments, but she always worked with me and even did two appointments in one day on a Saturday just to help me out (my sister and I just went shopping for a few hours and then came back). She's so sweet, it felt like she was one of my aunts every time I spoke with her.

I wanted to write a review for Elena on here, but I couldn't find her as a listed vendor. If you're looking for an alterations lady in the Chicago area that you can trust, call Elena! Love that lady!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards