Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

"son of" on wedding invitations

I am trying to finalize my wedding invitations. If anyone used "son of" after their grooms name, would you mind showing me your invitation for spacing examples? Thanks! 

Re: "son of" on wedding invitations

• Options
    I am trying to finalize my wedding invitations. If anyone used "son of" after their grooms name, would you mind showing me your invitation for spacing examples? Thanks! 

This would be highly depended upon the size of the invitation itself and the size of your font, etc.  So it probably won't help much for us to show you our invitations.

However, if you would like to share your invitation with us, we can help you with the spacing.  Just make sure you block out any pertinent information, for internet safety and all.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    It depends on how the parents are named.  Post you basic text and we will help.  Divorced people would be different than a married couple.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    It depends on how the parents are named.  Post you basic text and we will help.  Divorced people would be different than a married couple.
    Do this, but don't post real names. Internet safety and all.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    I sometimes use Mr. and Mrs. Fred Flintstone, Mr. and Mrs. Mickey Mouse, etc. for internet postings.
    There are no hard and fast rules about spacing the "son of" line, since it is not traditional.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    willthisworkwillthiswork member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2016
    My parents hosted and we wanted to recognize DH's parents on the invite as well.  Ceremony was outside, not in a church.  Our wording (font was in all caps, so I'm not correcting for capitalization): 

Mr. and Mrs. Robert Andrew Jones
    request the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of their daughter

Bride First Bride Middle
    to
    Groom First Groom Middle Groom Last

Son of Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan David Smith

Saturday, the First of January
    Two thousand sixteen
    At half after four in the afternoon

Venue
    City, State
  • Options
    If it's necessary for some guests to be informed of who the groom is (by referencing his parents), Miss Manners prefers either a) issuing invitations to the groom's side in his parents' names, rather than the bride's parents'; or b) asking the groom's parents to include a card with their names in invitations to the groom's side.

Powers  &8^]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards