Wedding Party
Options

Prewedding Activities

Hi ladies,

Just curious if anyone put together an agenda for the out of town guests and/or the wedding party.

We plan on putting together small welcome baskets for the out of town guests and I wanted to include something that clued everyone in with the flow of things to include addresses, etc. (rehearsal dinner for those attending; bridesmaids for day of, etc.).

I'd be curious to hear what everyone has done that worked! Thanks!

Re: Prewedding Activities

• Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    A welcome basket for OOT guests is a nice gesture. They should already have the date and location for the ceremony + reception from your invitation. You could include "Things to do in the city" if you wanted. Otherwise, there shouldn't be much for them to follow.

For the RD, we were very casual, as our dinner was casual. I let guests know via word of mouth or e-mail, but we only had about 20 people attend (WP + SOs, immediate family, officiant + wife). If you are extending your RD invites to OOT guests, I would send a separate invitation for the event (it is separate from your wedding) that would include date, time, location.

As for the WP the day of, I didn't not require my MOH or BM to get their hair or make up done, but I told them if they wanted it done Hair and MU was at X time. BM came, MOH didn't. I then let MOH know we were having lunch at Y time, then the photographer was coming a Z time to take a few photos before we all headed down to the ceremony together.

I would make a day of timeline for yourself- remember to include lunch! Let your WP know what time they need to be at the ceremony site for. Either they will show up then, or they will already be with you if they are getting hair and MU done.
  • Options
    Welcome baskets and put info on your wedding website. 
    As far as bridal party, send an e-mail with the schedule. 
    Easy, straightforward.

Now, as far as guests are concerned, just a tip- it's really helpful for people to know what's going on, but be clear about what's hosted and what's just available if folks are interested. There's a difference between "a welcome dinner for all guests, hosted by [so and so] will be at 7pm at [location]" and "the couple will be hanging out at x bar at xpm if you want to stop by." 

• Options
    I had a schedule I gave to each bridal party member and some family that were helping us out with various things (like my dad, who dropped my dog off at doggy daycare for the night, for example). It basically included where to be and when.

All my BMs and the moms opted to get their hair and makeup done at the same place as me, so I included their appointment times, what time to be at the ceremony site and when, lunch options that will be available (and to let me know if they aren't satisfactory/they need something else) and addresses of where everything is (salon, church, reception, etc) all in one place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards