Not Engaged Yet

Friday Eve

Good morning, NEYers! How goes it on this fine Thursday?

I texted H first thing this morning and said "Thanks for being a drunk weirdo and getting me to dance with you 9 years ago :kissing_heart: " And since then, we've been reminiscing about our first night together, most of which is embarrassing/hysterical. Ah to be young again.

Last night for dinner, H grilled steak and pineapple while I made a cucumber, tomato, and feta salad and it was all so good! I also baked chicken and roasted veggies for lunch today and tomorrow and I also made sweet potatoes in the crockpot overnight. We watched the GOT season 2 finale, I read for a little bit, and then headed to bed pretty early.

It is FREEZING today. Like, how is this even summer? It feels more like very early spring.

Tonight I'm going to see The Conjuring 2 with H and I'm excited for popcorn and and other yummy foods :smile:

Re: Friday Eve

• @PamBeesly524 - Have a great time in SC! How long are you away for?

@LizzyTish88 - I'm jealous of your day off! I could never handle a tick on my own so I'm impressed by your skills! 

• @Swazzle just until Sunday. Short trip but hopefully really fun. H and I don't go down there as much as we should.

@LizzyTish88 I LOVE mini golf! I haven't gone in forever.. Thanks for the reminder to make time for it this summer :)

• @PamBeesly524 Have fun in SC!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @cu97tiger I love that ring idea! So cute. I'd love to see what it looks like.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2016
    @PamBeesly524 - Ask and you shall receive - NEW LINK
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger the link doesn't work :(
  • @cu97tiger That ring is so cool! What a unique idea!
    friends tv show funy
  • @cu97tiger - That ring is awesome! So thoughtful! You just reminded me to buy H's replacement ring, so I thank you :smile: 

• @cu97tiger wow I love it! What a cool idea. Something to think about for H in the future when he inevitably loses his :) He's so afraid that he's going to lose it that I think he might lose it!
  • @GoldenPenguin They are the worst!! Tess has only had one before, but it was the week we brought her home and the place we got her took care of it for us because we were stupid and didn't realize what it was. I just felt so stupid this morning cause I was petting her and felt something on her ear, pulled it off and then saw that it was a tick so I screamed and dropped it. Thankfully it landed on my skirt so I was able to get it back into the kitchen and into a container. I then had to text BF asking how to kill it and what I should do. I've felt creepy crawly all morning. It didn't look like it was latched or bloated so I don't think it got much, if anything but I will be keeping a close eye on it.
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 - I always flush 'em. There's no coming back from a trip down the toilet. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin Have fun in BOSTON!!!
  • @GoldenPenguin That's exactly what I did!

friends tv show funy
  • @PamBeesly524 - your comment with your Ross gif right underneath it makes it look like you're being sarcastic, LOL. Don't worry, I know you mean it!!  ;)

*******************************************************************************************

• @PamBeesly524 - you're just mad that you're going on stupid vacation instead of staying in Boston & meeting me! 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 Eek that's going to be so much fun!! How much time will you spend out there?

H and I did an extended weekend in Seattle and it was NOT even close to enough!

• @labro - We'll be in Seattle Monday-Thursday and in Portland Thursday-Saturday. We're also worried that we won't have enough time to do everything, but we couldn't take more than a week. I have a feeling we'll be constantly on the go the whole time but I think it'll be amazing! We're getting a city pass which should help, and staying downtown so we'll be close to everything.
    My only real worry is public transportation. We aren't planning on renting a car because we've heard Seattle is so easy to get around. But it's weird to me because the city I live in is so spread out/doesn't have great transportation, so it's not something I'm used to.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 I feel ya! We didn't have any issue getting around Seattle though. I think we took an Uber one time because we were out there to attend a wedding, but otherwise we literally walked everywhere!

I recommend an Airbnb if you can! Hotels downtown were ridiculous!

• @swazzle, it's freaking hot here. I'll take your freezing weather any day - we're storm watching for the next 4 days. 90 degrees in June is just wrong in thsi area.

@lizzytish88, glad you had fun with your BF yesterday!

@cu97tiger, awesome ring idea!

@beachyone15, I'm jealous of your Seattle trip!
    ---
    I got nothing. AF showed up yesterday a solid week and a half early (last one was really late, I'm evening back up probably).
  • @Swazzle  whooo anniversary! ;)

@PamBeesly524 have fun on your trip :)

@LizzyTish88 ticks are brutal! At a buddy's place, we have to be sure we check ourselves as well since the grass is high. Glad you caught it in time!

@cu97tiger that's such a cool idea!

@GoldenPenguin oh sounds like a fun trip!

@labro lazy bum life ;) kidding, glad you had a nice night out!

@beachyone15 yay beach!!

Not a whole lot yesterday. The whole condo corp issue is cleared up and the sellers are paying it off - as they intended - but no one saw that clause. So we made an amendment and clarified, plus changed the date to sept 26th to give us extra time.
    Not sure what it's like in the states, but if we got our keys on the 30th they never come in until 3pm-5pm and if that's our LAST day in the apartment, we don't have ANY time to clean. At least if we have a couple extra days to move things in, we can arrange stuff so we can clean as we move things.

Luckily things are going smoothly now!

After work we went to take a look at fridges and mattresses. Not bad pricing. We just want a basic fridge, good storage. Nothing fancy.

Mattresses are hard to figure out because Matt likes his softer and I prefer more firm. We actually found one that's a compromise for both of us! It was a miracle and the price wasn't stupid either! So we're going to go back closer to moving date to order them.

Tonight is cleaning. We have dishes, Matt needs to do a few things and we need to get the table cleared up. I think I may throw laundry in also
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards