Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

All things make-up!!! (Tattoo Cover Up)

Okay - so I've got a lot of ideas rattling around in my head, but the problem is that I have too many! I've got a decent sized tattoo on my back that I am currently having removed - I am in between my second and third treatment. I won't have another before my wedding (August 13th), so I need to figure out a good make-up to cover it.

I went to Sephora and they sold me KatVonD 24hr tattoo cover-up. She applied it to my back, and it actually looked decent. My problem is that - this wedding is going to be in the prime time, North Carolina heat and humidity.

Has anyone ever used this? Does it work? Does it hold up in the sweaty heat?

Also - does it work well for your face? I'm trying to decide if I want to use it for all over full coverage for my back and face.

Also - the photo that I posted of the make up she added to my back - the shiny part is just the foundation, but the darker area is where she added powder to set it all. I know you can still somewhat see through it, but it did a lot more than I thought.

My wedding isn't until August, but I am having my Bridal Portraits done on Tuesday!!! Helllppp! Haha :) Thanks!

Re: All things make-up!!! (Tattoo Cover Up)

• Options
    Also - the veil will help cover some of it. But I'm not sure if I'll wear it the entire time or not. So for now - it helps.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Are you getting your make up done professionally the day of?

Sorry, I've never used this stuff or tried to cover up a tattoo, but it looks pretty good in the picture you post. I don't think anyone would notice unless they were standing right behind you.

If you are getting your make up professionally done, they should be able to help you out with this as well. Bring the KatVonD stuff with you, but they may have something else they use.
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with the Kat Von D product (and I have no tattoos), but I've always considered Dermablend the gold standard in covering skin imperfections and tattoos and it's what my tattooed friends always used.  Although in fairness, Kat Von D products weren't in existence back when my friends were all looking for cover-up products, so I'm not sure if they would have preferred that product.  But Dermablend provides full coverage and will not budge - you will probably want to use an oil-free primer and some matte powder though, too.

I don't believe Sephora carries Dermablend, but Ulta should as well as Macy's and perhaps a few other department stores.
  • Options
    If you can, apply the cover up, crank up the heat in your house and run around a bit to see what happens. I would also see how easy it comes off on clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards