Colorado-Denver

Wedding and Event Sitters by Charity STOLE from us

edited June 2016 in Colorado-Denver
Hello everyone, 

I recently got married and want to spread the word about a horrible vendor experience I had. We hired sitters to watch children at my wedding from Wedding and Event Sitters by Charity. During the event, one of the sitters went into the Bride's room and stole money from my bridesmaids and me. The police were called out to the venue that night and they were able to catch the sitter using security camera footage. The sitter confessed and has been charged with two counts of theft.

The worst part, however, is that Charity Hardin (the owner) REFUSES to give us a refund and won't take our calls or call us back after we have left countless. She believes that she's not responsible and that we got the service we paid for (according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy who was kind enough to pass that message along after he knew that I wasn't able to get in touch with her). She is the worst small business owner I have ever encountered and her company is a scam. Save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere for any babysitting services at your event. 

Be sure to keep a close eye on your wallets, purses, and cash you may have. ALSO be careful with your card boxes or baskets. So many people have shared stories with us about how they too were the victims of theft at their own weddings, so please be safe and careful! Wedding days are nonstop chaos, and this is something I honestly didn't even think about until it was too late. 

After Charity refused to call us back to work the situation out, we decided to go to the media to spread the word about Charity's company and horrible customer service. You can view the story here:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/highlands-ranch/sitter-hired-to-watch-kids-steals-from-bride-on-her-wedding-day-deputies-say

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/highlands-ranch/sitter-hired-to-watch-kids-steals-from-bride-on-her-wedding-day-deputies-say
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards