Not Engaged Yet
Options

1st day of Summer!

I'm posting super early because I missed y'all last Friday! My Friday was psychotic day of meetings and errands and I'm glad it's over.

How was everyone's weekend?

Last Friday I managed to get some cleaning done around the house and then I had to go and buy food for Father's Day and wrap up DH's gift while he was working out and also buy a wedding gift in between all the meetings. That night I went to Happy Hour with my Mom's Group. I brought little caprese bites and we chatted while the babies crawled around and/or ran around lol. Callie had a great time crawling after the big kids. Afterwards I had time to go to CrossFit and watch OITNB with DH.

Saturday Callie had her last session of swim lessons  :'( She will start doing them again probably towards the beginning of next year that way before the pool even opens she will get some practice in since she will be a lot older. We will repeat the same level obviously since she was so little this time so hopefully next time we will advance a bit more. Afterwards we went and had donuts with my Dad and @Labro and he opened his Father's Day gifts.

That night we went to a reception....not a wedding but a reception. The couple eloped in St. Croix about a month ago and held a reception this past weekend. It was a very casual low key evening....I told DH that I wouldn't have done it if we had eloped because all everyone did was just sit and talk. Kind of boring but @labro and her H babysat Callie for us so DH and I got a night out which was nice!

Sunday was Father's Day and I woke up and took care of Callie and Maddux and made DH tater tot breakfast casserole and he opened his gifts. DH had a bunch of work to get done with school and then had to go to work. So we didn't get to celebrate much yesterday. I was pretty tired from getting home late so Callie and I took two naps and relaxed most of the day.

Today I need to take Maddux to the vet to get his annual shots and I'll probably go to CrossFit tonight. I'm cooking Honey Mustard Chicken and Bachelorette is coming on!

Re: 1st day of Summer!

• Options
    @Swazzle Ugh I hate that for you. The dentist sucks! I hope the swelling and bruising start to go down soon. Besides that it sounds like you had a fun weekend! I hate encores lol. I always get so annoyed when they do more than one lol.
  • Options
    @LizzyTish88 I don't know...I feel like if they had done the reception closer to when they eloped maybe it would have felt more like a wedding but it has been almost 2 months later and it felt like we just went out to dinner with the couple instead of a reception.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Yeah, I could see how that would feel that way. I would probably feel the same. At least you got a night out out of it!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @untouchablets Congratulations to your BF on getting into nursing school! The university I attended has one of the top nursing schools in our state and a lot of my friends went to it. I know how hard it is so that's a big accomplishment!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 thanks!! He has worked so hard, I'm very excited for him :)
  • Options
    Good Morning!
    I am so tired this morning. I stayed up to watch the NBA championship game last night. I'm not a huge sportsfan but Cleveland winning a championship is such a huge deal for us Ohioans and all anyone can talk about today. I stayed up until almost Midnight and then baby AJ had a blow-out diaper at about 4am wich required me to change everything and her to be wide awake!

This weekend was good. Friday we had friends over for a cookout. (marinated steak kabobs, grilled veggies, potatoes and salad. Everything turned out yummy. I put baby down to sleep around 9pm and we played cards and enjoyed a few adult beverages.

Saturday I woke up concerned about AJs cradle cap (she's had it since birth) it looked really red and irratated so we took her to the clinic. They prescribed Dandruff shampoo and an ointment. Then we headed to a garage sale I had seen listed on a FB garage sale site. I found a few clothes and toys. We didn't really do to much the rest of the day. I gave H his fathers day presents (bag of Peanut M&M's, framed picture of baby AJ and new dress shirt)

Sunday H worked a double so I brought AJ and My dog, Myka down to my parents house. We had burgers then took Myka to the dogpark while my Mom watched AJ. Then I went home and watched the CAVS game. Poor H was still at work but able to watch from his office. He called me the last 10 minutes and we celebrated together.

labro haha, I always carry AJ from the changing table to the tub with a cloth diaper over her privates for that reason.
  • Options
    @labro Ahhhhh you deserve a huge gold star! Cracking up at your description about the cool breeze. And oh my god, I bet those dogs were in heaven! So much food!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @GoldenPenguin They already love her lol! But yeah, Callie will definitely be elevated to BFF Level 1000 when she starts handing them her food.

@eilis1228 Good luck tomorrow! Also Dream Girls!! I hope you have fun!

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin @southernpeach89 I don't remember laughing this much in previous seasons. It's so good! H and I had to stop and refresh ourselves on story lines a few times too. H and I didn't anticipate watching so many episodes this weekend, but it was so good and we couldn't stop! We kept saying, "Ok, just one more episode..." and then that episode would end on a cliff hanger, so we'd watch another, and so on and so forth.

@labro Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Our friend won 4 tickets through his job, so he opted to make it a double date with us. Can't say no to free tickets!

• Options
    @southernpeach89 what an accomplished weekend! Glad you and your H got a night out :)

@swazzle boo dentists! I have an appt tonight I've been dreading since I made it 7 months ago ...

@LizzyTish88
    Don't worry, I would totally be sketched out too. At least he knew what he was doing, that's main thing :)

@500days yum! your dinner sounded amazing!

@labro  yay scrambled eggs win {and helpers} and boo getting peed on lol

@GoldenPenguin  pupper love! <3

@untouchablets  congrats to your BF!! :smiley:

@PamBeesly524  boo forgetting computer :( typical Mondays

@beachyone15  Walmart has same idea. I've debated on it, but honestly I like to browse. Sometimes I plan "oh gonna buy pork chops!" then realize they're much thinner than anticipated so I change my mind.

This weekend was hot hot hot.
    Got boxes on Friday and I picked up shampoo my friend was holding for me, then instead of cooking we decided to go get sushi.

Saturday I saw my mum for a few hours, and Matt took our table to get fixed. Found out my uncle is not only gonna fix the table, but they're gonna restain it and everything! It so needs it, so I'm excited. We talked briefly about stain, but I want to see what the natural wood looks like before deciding.

That night I went with a friend to a party, and I really wish I hadn't said yes.
    I only had 2 drinks, but she was loaded. I didn't know anyone there so I felt awkward and more uncomfortable than anticipated. Matt had gone to a friend's place {where I wish I had gone ...} and left early because I needed to get my friend home.

Unfortunately, all my plans for Sunday had to be cancelled because I got so badly sick. I think something just didn't agree with me because I would not stop being sick. Matt got me gravol and ginger ale and basically slept once my stomach settled.
    I was so pissed. I had plans.

This week starts our summer hours on Fridays. Instead of closing at 5pm, we're closing at 3pm. So luckily some plans I had with my mum I can do on Friday. Just sucks so bad. I'm feeling much better today, and started feeling better after gravol and lots of rest.
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin This summer I have nothing set in stone for plans. I always do a OOB weekend trip, Red Sox game and some beach days. Last year was crazier with the wedding/honeymoon. If you have suggestions for day trips definitely send them my way!

@labro  I have a strong feeling that Cinders will jump for joy whenever you guys see Callie lol #cousinlove 

@eilis1228 You guys are zipping through OITNB! I think we are on episode 3? I try to make these series drag on forever since I never want them to end.
  • Options
    @500days yes we have the kitchenaid attachment! It's pretty awesome. My mom also got me a ravioli press recently too so we're hoping to try that out.
  • Options
    @500days It was totally unintentional lol. We had the free time, and the episodes kept ending on cliffhangers. We would seriously say, "OK, after this episode we're going to stop watching and clean or something," and then after the episode ended we'd say, "OK well maybe just one more..." and suddenly four hours have gone by and we're still on the couch watching TV. LOL

• Options
    @speakeasy14 We could continue doing them for the rest of the Summer but we will be on vacation or out of town for a lot of weekends coming up so for the cost it wouldn't be worth it. It won't be a full year until the beginning of the next set of lessons...more like 6 months. They begin next January and go until March so it would be perfect timing before it starts to get warm out. Also she will be older and might understand more when I tell her to blow bubbles or kick her feet.

@eilis1228 AHhh those cliff hangers!! They always suck me in lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards