Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

Good morning, NEY! 

I'm still swollen, in pain, and bruised but (so far) I'm not nearly as cranky as yesterday so I'm counting it as a win. 

Last night H did alllll the yard work and I made us sriracha shrimp rolls for dinner. I wasn't kidding when I said these would be going into the weekly rotation. They're just so easy and delicious! We squeezed in 1 episode of GOT and watching the series this slowly is seriously killing me inside. H had hockey so I poured a glass of a new delicious Merlot I got from Club W, folded laundry, and then read in bed. 

Tonight H has a tattoo appointment, I have no idea what I want for dinner yet, and I need to finish doing the laundry. Tonight is also the premiere of the final season of PLL but @GoldenPenguin will be at my house on Friday so we're both holding out so we can watch together. NO SPOILERS AT ALL, NOT EVEN SORT OF ONES, PLEASE (ahem @speakeasy14 )! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday :blush:

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - I need to have some playdates with Cinders and Maddux it seems :lol:

• Options
    @Swazzle Sorry you are still swollen. 

@southernpeach89 Can't wait to see the finished product!

On Sunday when BF was mowing the lawn, a rock must have come up and hit my windshield because there is a huge crack in it. I forgot to call during work yesterday, and the crack got worse. I have an appointment for today, and they are going to come right to my car at work to fix it. I am just waiting to call my agent because my confirmation email gave me a quote and I shouldn't have to pay anything.

Tonight my work is doing an employee appreciation thing, and it's a sunset cruise! BF is coming and some coworkers are bringing their SOs. The boat is free and there will be snacks and a cash bar. Should be a good time. It's been raining this morning but hopefully the weather will get better before then (weather app says it should).

We were up early this morning because Tessis got sick over the side of the bed. I cleaned it up and right as we were all falling back to sleep, it started to storm pretty bad, so I am a little sleepy today.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Swazzle They are nuts! Cinders doesn't stop and Maddux will just lay down hahaha. You look amazing btw....you don't need Cinders play dates unless of course that means you will come visit then all the Cinders play dates are waiting for you!!
  • Options
    @LizzyTish88 Enjoy your sunset cruise! That sounds like fun! Hopefully Tessie isn't sick  :(
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 OMG Gouda and apple chicken sounds amazing!!!! I love cheese and apples together, perfect combo!
  • Options
    @LizzyTish88 - Have fun tonight! That sucks about your windshield but good thing you don't have to pay to have it fixed! 

@PamBeesly524 - I'm still pretty far back, we watched S3E4 last night. LOL @ your cat turning on the TV! Was he watching anything good? 

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 That chicken sounds so good! So funny about your cat watching the news!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    Hi everybody!

I've been at nerd camp for 3 weeks, so I'm sure I've missed tons of things (like babies!).  The seminar was good, but I'm glad to be home and back into my real life.

Fill me in!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @beachyone15 YAY!! I'm so glad your job is safe and nothing will change for you! What a relief! You should celebrate tonight!

• Options
    @labro PUPPY PICTURES!!! happy adoption day

@jenna8984 I love that you anticipated he'd want to be in that glider. Hopefully he doesn't puke on it!

@500days I thought that bacon cheddar popcorn was going to be nasty but I loved it.

@beachyone15 great news on your job! I think some celebratory drinks are in order.
  • Options
    @labro Happy Cinder-versary! 

@jenna8984 Glad you were able to enjoy your day off! Sounds like you got a ton done, which is awesome.

@500days It's so hard to believe that it's going to get nicer by looking out the window right now. I can see why you're doing an inside day lol.

@beachyone15 YAY for not having to commute!! That's great news and definitely deserved a celebration! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @beachyone15 I really had no idea. I think some babies are in position and ready at 30 weeks and never move much and then others are flipping around constantly until 37-38 weeks. Which is stressful lol. Yaaaaaaaaay I'm so glad you get your job and same location!!

• Options
    @LizzyTish88 It looks like it will clear up by this afternoon! I bet the cruise will be perfect especially since it's going to be hot. Also, your school district is awesome for doing that! 

@beachyone15 It is true, summers off are nice! I would totally go into work for you, but your boss probably wouldn't be happy with you anymore...oh yeah, and the commute would be a couple days lol 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Swazzle  I feel you on jaw pain today :( same boat, stupid dentists!

@southernpeach89 yay Maddux! I have to clean our oven soon. I don't think I've cleaned it since we moved in almost 3yrs ago :\ Burners I've cleaned, but not actual oven.

@LizzyTish88 poor pup, hope she's feeling better!

@PamBeesly524  cat wanted to be more worldly ;)

Not much last night. I had a dentist appointment, and good news is no root canal. Bad news is I'm all swollen and sore today. Idk why, I'm never this bad afterwards! I got 3 needles and I think they hit a nerve or muscle.
    We kept having tornado and tstorm warnings - like every 10 seconds alarm would go off on tv/radio - but nothing happened. The wind was wonderful because it's been stupidly hot. We saw Mammatus clouds - link from google in case you've never seen them.

I'm super tired today because of my jaw pain. I couldn't sleep until late because it hurt and was uncomfortable and swollen. Less swelling today, but I'm likely going to put something frozen on my jaw to help later.

Not a whole lot else. We were going to do groceries tonight but Matt's uncle wants to swing by and pick his brain about something, so we're going home to do dishes super fast before he gets there.

edit:
    just looked up apparently putting something frozen on your jaw isn't helpful. so warm cloth it is!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Those mojitos looked SO GOOD last night! Good luck finding a car (hopefully 2!) 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - Yes! Every damn time. H and I tag team it and can usually get the house cleaned up pretty quick. I love the Mojito Monday idea. We used to do Margarita Mondays. I have no idea why that stopped, but we might have to bring it back. It definitely helps me get through Monday!
    @eilis1228 - Sending you all the good vibes!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @eilis1228  Fingers crossed for a good interview! Keep us posted. Also happy engagement-aversary! :)

• Options
    @eilis1228 Fingers and toes crossed! Also happy proposal-versary!

@beachyone15 You should bring back margarita mondays!

@LizzyTish88 They really were good and so easy to make! We used cranberry lime seltzer instead of tonic, so it ended up being more of a mint flavor than anything else.
  • Options
    @labro baby Cinders! Such a cute face :)

@jenna8984 not much longer!! side note, if kitty decides to hop into empty crib again I request a photo ;)

@beachyone15 yay job safety!!

@eilis1228  happy engagement-versary! and vibes :)

@TwoDimes curiosity strikes, what was the rub?
  • Options
    @TwoDimes  ooh! I must look for that, sounds delish :)
  • Options

@LizzyTish88 – I hope you have an awesome time on the sunset cruise! Considering how late it stays light out, I’m not willing to stay up until sunset on a week night right now, haha.

@labro – How did you end up in a book club? I really want to start one, but I feel like all of my friends that do them flake pretty often, and I want to find people that will be more dedicated.

@500days – All your food is making me drool.

@beachyone15 – I am so happy that you got all that good news from your job! How’s the Bachelorette this season? I haven’t watched any of it yet. Have you seen the Baby Bachelorette from Jimmy Kimmel’s show?

@futuremrshistorian – Welcome back! I’ve really got nothing new.

@MissKittyDanger – Those clouds look really cool! Hope your face starts feeling better soon.

@speakeasy14 – I invite people over specifically because I know it will get me motivated to deep clean. I won’t do it otherwise, haha. Fingers crossed that you find one or two new cars tonight!

@eilis1228 – ALL THE INTERVIEW VIBES! Seriously jealous you get to see Dream Girls!

@TwoDimes – What are you reading right now?

--------------------------

We are being audited today by the people that set the standards my job revolves around. Luckily I don't have to interview or anything, but it is deadly quiet since everything is happening at another location. Most of the time they just pick one random person's report and dig into it like crazy. Fingers crossed it's not one of mine! Even though I'm sure I'd be fine.

Tonight I'm making beef arepas for dinner, and might get some hard root beer on the way home because that just sounds delicious right now. I wanted to start another book last night but can't decide.

Books I own that I haven't read: Invisible Girls, In The Garden of Beasts, The Kite Runner

Books I'm willing to go buy: Another Jojo Moyes book (either Honeymoon in Paris or another suggestion), Miss Peregrine's #2, Hunger Games

Anyone want to tell me what to do? I'm indecisive enough that I'll probably run with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards