New York-Long Island

Too Good To Be True - The Metropolitan

Hey ladies; in visiting The Metropolitan in Glen Cove today, i found their pricing to be very reasonable and they also had a number of dates left in the fall of 2011.  Is this too good to be true?  Does anyone have feedback on events they have attended their or thoughts from a bride who was considering this location?  I asked the manager how they differed from other locations and she stated it was the food .... is this the case?  Any information one can provide would be great. 

I also visited the Cotillion Ballroom at the Bronxville Women's Club today.  Thoughts on this as well?

Re: Too Good To Be True - The Metropolitan

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i have always liked the functions i've attended there.

• edited December 2011

I visited there when looking for RH with my FI. The place was too small (coctail hour espectially) for the number of guests I was having. In addition, the place seemed a bit run down. The mirrors had lost their reflective appeal and the black background was coming through. When I visited over the summer, it smelled a bit musty - perhaps from the humidity.

I personally wasnt' a fan of not having anywhere to take pictures outside. They do provide you with a permit to take pictures at Morgan's Island, but the drive is about 10 minutes away.

I've heard marvelous things about the food - though!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the MET - its great.  Been to lots of events - its owned by a brother & sister and they go all out.  The place has been rennovated and its just lovely again.  Give it a try.  Good luck
    Food is GREAT
    They have the club downstairs too if you want an "after" party.  Lounge set up - really cute.
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you ever go back?

what happened?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all the help; i didn't go back but only because we are looking for something with the potential for an outdoor cocktail hour.  Thanks again. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards