Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Blank number of guests invite

Oh man. I feel like I post way too much sometimes. Sorry for being so clueless!
I couldn't find an answer on other posts, so I hope this hasn't been answered. 

This isn't related to my wedding. 
I just got a wedding invitation for a friend's wedding. It was addressed only to me and she knows about FI and has met him. 
Her invite has a line with a blank "___ total number of guests" but only one line for meal choice. 
Does this mean I can assume both FI and I are invited? I don't want to ask her quite yet as I don't know if we can attend (it's really far away and we've been having some financial challenges.) 
It just seemed weird that she would only address it to me and I don't want to overstep. I wouldn't go if FI was not able to come tho as its going to require an overnight stay. 

Re: Blank number of guests invite

• Options
    ScottishSarahScottishSarah member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2016
    Difficult one!  Tbh if she really just wanted only you wouldn't she just hand write 1 in the number of guests space?  

• Options
    Ask her.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ask her. I recently had a similar situation (not with a SO but a family member). I texted the groom and asked. He apologized and said of course X was invited.
  • Options
    Okay. So it won't be rude if I ask about him and then don't end up going? The likelyhood is that we can't. But I'm going to try to save up some money. 
  • Options
    When you have an ambiguous situation like this, the only course of action is to ask. It's not rude. You don't have enough information to make a decision about accepting or declining based on what you received.
  • Options
    Not rude at all to ask. Technically, who is invited is who it's addressed to. However, it's not cool to leave it ambiguous like that. I would just ask, like other PPs have said "Hi Friend! I got your invitation; I just wanted to clarify with you if my FI is invited as well". If after asking, they straight up ask if you're coming, I would just say "I have some details to work out before I can answer you for sure. My RSVP will be in the mail soon." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards