Not Engaged Yet

Independence Day Weekend!!

Happy Friday! This weekend is one of my favorites of the whole year!! 

Just have to get through the morning and then I am out of here at noon. Have to run to wally world to get party supplies then run home and start scrubbing the house. Tonight we are going to lay low and get stuff done around the house.

Tomorrow my aunt is having a party but BF might stay home and get our yard ready. 

Sunday is our big party! I can't wait, it's so fun every year. We get burgers and dogs, and everyone brings a side/app/dessert and it's a huge party. We have yard games and music. One of the many reasons I LOVE our backyard.

Monday will be cleaning from the party and going somewhere to see fireworks! It will be so nice to just relax on the 4th this year. 

--------------------------------------------

Now some questions!

Any exciting plans this weekend?
Do you have a special 4th outfit?
Are you going to see fireworks?
What is your favorite part of a cookout?

friends tv show funy

Re: Independence Day Weekend!!

• @southernpeach89 Good luck at the race! It's so cool that you guys do that every year. And $11 for the outfit, right? INSANE!
  • @LizzyTish88 I think any decent beach is going to be at least 45 minutes from us so I'm open to anywhere but Cape Cod! Although I think anywhere we try to go will be a busy nightmare...
  • @PamBeesly524 Whitehorse in Plymouth is awesome. It won't be too bad during the day, but at night it will get crazy, especially on the 3rd since they do a huge party that night. Horseneck in Westport is good too, but depending on where you're coming from, it might be a hike for you. That is the one @500days and I were talking about going to together. 

@speakeasy14 Love that dress!! So pretty! We bought a slip and slide this year, to play slip and slide flip cup. We got one of those huge blow-up waterslides the last two years, but last year it was close to $500 and no one used it. So we scaled it way down this year.
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 Thanks for the suggestions!

@speakeasy14 Congrats on the car! That dress is so pretty.
  • @GoldenPenguin Are there any special 4th of July car deals? I hope you find one! It's funny that you mention Maine beaches because I almost ALWAYS drag H to Wells because I grew up going there. Even though it's farther away, I'm familiar with it and I know the parking, best places to be, etc. so I'm comfortable with it. We'll most likely end up there this weekend if I can convince him to take the trip ;)
  • @LizzyTish88 we just get tarps, hay bales, and dish soap.  My bf's parents' property is on a huge slope so we make a ridiculously long slip n slide.  They used to not get the hale bales, but too many people ended up in pricker bushes, so now the hay bales are a barrier. We haven't tried slip n slide flip cup yet though.  May have to make that suggestion. 
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @southernpeach89 and @labro - I remember two things from the Peachtree when I ran it 12'ish years ago.... it was HOT and HILLY. Yuck ;) But it was still a cool thing to do!
    @speakeasy14 - Cute dress!

I'm so glad this week is almost over. 4 more work days after today and then it's VACATION TIME!! 

I need to run tomorrow morning, then Crossfit Sunday and run again Monday. I need to figure out how to fit running and CF in before my mileage gets too high!

I did find out this morning that someone else on my Ragnar team wants the long legs that I had, so I'm thrilled to drop down to something more manageable.

Not really. H wants to stay close to home, so we might go to our friends pool, but otherwise I'll probably attack one or two closets in the house, and just relax! Monday I need to go grocery shopping for my FILs arrival on Wednesday.

I have a workout tank-top that has a flag on it, so I'm sure I'll wear that on Sunday.

Yep! H has to work Monday but I'm sure we'll walk over to the park at some point.

Being with friends!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger I remember that! I just went through the thread thinking "I know I congratulated her.. and I did! LOL. Happy engage-aversary! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 That's a good way of putting it! AND OMG YAYYYY CARRRRRR

• @speakeasy14 that's so cute that he was trying to surprise you! And thanks for asking - they actually DO seem to be getting along a lot better. They are still fighting but it seems to be a bit more playful and it's less and less often every day. Last night Cooper pinned LC down and bit her but then I caught him cleaning her after so I think they might be in love haha.
  • @speakeasy14 - Yay for a new car!! H and I are joining my parents, one of my aunts and uncles (like one couple, no idea how to say it without sounding odd. I have 18 aunts and uncles, so I felt I needed to specify that only one couple was coming).  ANYWAYYYYYY - we're going to the 1000 Islands. Google images search 'Wellesley Island 1000 islands' and you'll get an idea what I'm looking forward to!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @cu97tiger That sounds like a great trip! I've always wanted to explore the castle there
  • @LizzyTish88 – I hope you have such an amazing party this weekend! It sounds like a freaking great time……. N/m, you’re already off work.

@speakeasy14 – So much car news! It probably feels like being able to take your first shower after being stranded in the wilderness for a month. I LOVE THAT DRESS. What sort of neckline does it have in the front?

@wink0erin – Wait until you’re about to leave, then just blast “SO IF YOU CARE TO FIND ME, LOOK TO THE WESTERN SKYYY……” and stand on your desk singing along at the top of your lungs……… And happy anniversary! There is nothing bad to be said about someone who hasn’t found a long term relationship before. It’s mostly that the right person hadn’t come around yet. And I don’t think you deserve to call yourself a cold bitch. I think you’re warm and sweet.

----------------------------

BF and I are driving to my hometown tomorrow to stay with my parents and enjoy the pool for basically two days straight. The next town over has fireworks on Saturday, so we might go watch those. On the 4th itself we'll probably just hunker down and keep the dog happy. Hopefully our neighbors are big celebrators, so we can just enjoy their fireworks.

Um........... no.

Only maybe. I'm still not completely recovered from our fiasco last year.

I almost always get to try some foods I've never tried before.

• @alpacina this is the front.  With my butt it's a little shorter, but I really like it.  I got it off a place called The Rage.  I also got two tunics and a really short (like I'm going to make it a top short) hot pink strapless  dress. -- I'm on freaking cloud 9 with the car stuff.  

• @AlPacina Haha yes...all the peaches for you for a long and healthy life!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards