Wedding Reception Forum

Re: .

• I have one word. Vaginismus.

I hate saying it because just knowing about it can cause it, but that's one option for how your wedding night can go.
    That's not going to happen here because it's not in her vision obviously. 
  • banana468 said:
    I also want to know what her faith is that thinks that you should not lose your virginity until marriage but that also thinks it's acceptable to not host your guests.

If she's a Christian she should be aware that weddings are so important in the faith that Jesus performed one of his first miracles in one.   Do you think that's a coincidence and that the couple weren't waiting??

Finally, I'll leave with a line from my uncle, "When they're your family members, they're quirky.   When they're anyone else, they're nuts." 

People cherry picking parts of scripture or dogma to serve their own self interests is nothing new.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• banana468 said:
    I also want to know what her faith is that thinks that you should not lose your virginity until marriage but that also thinks it's acceptable to not host your guests.

If she's a Christian she should be aware that weddings are so important in the faith that Jesus performed one of his first miracles in one.   Do you think that's a coincidence and that the couple weren't waiting??

Finally, I'll leave with a line from my uncle, "When they're your family members, they're quirky.   When they're anyone else, they're nuts." 

People cherry picking parts of scripture or dogma to serve their own self interests is nothing new.

Well, yeah.   But given the importance I'd love the explanation of how purity is more important than the golden rule.   

I doubt she's coming back.   The irony when I see this mentality is almost amusing.    
  • lyndausvi said:

How is this even going to work for OOT guests?  If your ceremony location is so remote that all the local hotels are too gross for you to have sex in, where in the hell are your guests staying?!
    I was wondering this myself?   If the hotels are not good enough to consummate your marriage, they shouldn't be good enough for your OOT guests to stay either.
    People manage to boink in the seediest of hotels. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• lyndausvi said:

How is this even going to work for OOT guests?  If your ceremony location is so remote that all the local hotels are too gross for you to have sex in, where in the hell are your guests staying?!
    I was wondering this myself?   If the hotels are not good enough to consummate your marriage, they shouldn't be good enough for your OOT guests to stay either.

They're not virgins though. Virgins need only the best of accommodations for their super special maiden voyage.
    Pfft, I lost mine in a college dorm room while the guy's roommates were out. Do I get a do-over?
    Guest bedroom at a terrible ex-boyfriend's parents house. Totally would have preferred seedy hotel room. 
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Well, yeah.   But given the importance I'd love the explanation of how purity is more important than the golden rule.   

I doubt she's coming back.   The irony when I see this mentality is almost amusing.    
    Not that it matters but I believe this is the groom.  The tone reads like a man and on page 2 OP said "the brides parents house" and "her hometown."
    JMO, but that makes it worse if it's the groom. Not only is it rude (bad enough), it's also sexist.
  • Where are you having this wedding that doesn't have any buildings with air conditioning?
    1750, obvi.  And they have to structure it this way.  The bride won't fetch NEARLY as many goats if she is "impure" at the time of the ceremony.
    You're right. I can't believe I forgot the goats. 
  • banana468 said:
    Where are you having this wedding that doesn't have any buildings with air conditioning?
    1750, obvi.  And they have to structure it this way.  The bride won't fetch NEARLY as many goats if she is "impure" at the time of the ceremony.
    You're right. I can't believe I forgot the goats. 
    Who is going to the hotel to get the sheets to display?
    The MOH, but only if she is a virgin as well.  If not, fire that slut and find you a pure virgin to display those blood-stained sheets!
  • I have nothing to add for OP, but on your question: I actually don't have a problem with this, since it's all taking place at the same time - not on different days like OP, and not for only a portion of the guests. It's different, for sure, but as long as the B&G are not saying their "I Do's" and then immediately kicking everyone out at 12:01am, I think it would be kind of fun. (Granted, etiquette wise this may be a gray area, but personally I can see this being fun.)

Hopefully B&G won't be upset that people are drunk during their vows, and possibly start making a racket at midnight since that's what people do at midnight on NYE - because people will likely be drunk and raucous. They don't expect everyone to quietly file to their seats and sit silently for the ceremony, do they? Because that may be unrealistic. In fact, the whole plan may be unrealistic since (presumably) there will be alcohol and NYE is a party holiday, but it could be fun.
    I think they're expecting a party atmosphere and that everyone will kiss at midnight. This is the only situation I can think of that will allow OP to get married, have a reception, and be deflowered on her time schedule.
  • A dark, dinky wine cellar at a basement party in high school. I had also been drinking. Yup....
    *********************************************************************************

• lyndausvi said:

They're not virgins though. Virgins need only the best of accommodations for their super special maiden voyage.
    Pfft, I lost mine in a college dorm room while the guy's roommates were out. Do I get a do-over?
    OMG ME TOO!!

• AddieCake said:
    Homecoming night in our family room. My parents were asleep upstairs. I sense OP judges me.
    Swap out homecoming for prom night and you've got my first time too.
  • AddieCake said:
    Homecoming night in our family room. My parents were asleep upstairs. I sense OP judges me.
    That only depends on the cleanliness of your family room.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Psh, all of you people with your mattresses and beds. Mine was in the backseat of a car. 
  • edited July 2016
    lyndausvi said:

(+ @thisismynickname) Me too! My guy was really slutty (unbeknownst to me at the time). Maybe we all dated the same guy?

ETA: this thread is amazing and hilarious and I love it

• edited July 2016
    In my car, in the parking lot of the movie theater.  It sucked. And the car eas filthy. I didn't have sex in a bed until I was married (first h).
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Internship abroad.  We didn't want to go back to either of our host families' apartments, so we got a cheap hotel.  (OP certainly wouldn't have approved--this was a developing country and our $18 room didn't have working hot water at the moment.)  The act itself didn't go so well, but the whole thing makes an awesome story and I wouldn't change a thing.

Oh and bonus: he was BRITISH!  *swoon*
    Total swoon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards