Nevada-Las Vegas

Wedding from UK...

edited July 2016 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I currently live in the UK and I am planning a wedding over in Las Vegas. I am torn between a few venues;

Canyon Gate Country Club
The Grove
Bears Best Golf Club

Does anymore have any reviews on any of these places? I cant seem to find much when I google. 
Thanks!

Re: Wedding from UK...

• I went and viewed the Grove last fall when I was scouting locations.  We found the grounds beautiful, but were less happy with the package options they had for a group our size.  About how many are you expecting?  Do keep in mind that it's easily 20-25 minutes from the strip, so if you have a group you will need to arrange transport.  They have a little bus, but it wasn't big enough for our entire group.  We wanted to make it work, but eventually decided it was too much hassle for what they were offering.
  • Hi KatCtoKatA, we are expecting about 50 guests. Take it we will need something bigger than the little bus they offer? Where did you end up picking? Thanks :)
  • At 50, I suspect you will need a couple buses!  50 is probably a better size for the Grove, as you'll fit into the bigger of the two spaces they have available, and they'll do an evening package.

We ended up deciding most of our guests would want to stay on the strip, so we took the convenience of staying on strip into consideration.  With that, we ended up at the Cosmo for both ceremony and reception.

If you're thinking off-strip, you might also consider Sunset Gardens.  They were a decent space, but it felt more like your standard country-club style wedding venue, rather than anything "Vegas-y."  We wanted a little glitzier of an option, but they had a nice courtyard, and were a little more accessible.

• I prefer the larger space at the Grove for the reception, it looks more like the kind of place I imagine having my wedding dinner in!

The Cosmo is gorgeous as well! Most of our guests will be staying on the strip but I like the idea of having a day away from the madness... 

Thanks I will check out Sunset Gardens!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards