Snarky Brides

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• No, wait guys, there's a clear explanation for this: 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kylexokylexo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    i had to go to small claims court against  slumlord once. moved out and filed a claim at the beginning of april and didn't end up in court til end of july.
  • Apparently the people complaining about my timeline "not adding up" are not too bright. If I had major surgery 2 days after my wedding, how was I able to go on my honeymoon? SPOILER ALERT, we DID NOT GO ON  A HONEYMOON. That should have been obvious for all the "geniuses" here who clearly failed internet detective academy lol. 

My surgery was a couple days after the wedding and only took a week to recover. You do know I have a husband, right? You do realize we're BOTH on the lease, right? You do realize just because it takes your county 2 months does not mean that it's the same globally, right? 

Here's a timeline since ya'll are sooooo hung up over this thread still.

July 7th, scumbag thug tries to enter our apartment during an argument.

July 10th, We got married Yay!

July 12th I had my cholecystectomy

July 14th My husband went to district court to file a landlord tenant complaint, if we assumed this guy was the property manager/landlord like he claimed why would we go to small claims court and NOT district court for a landlord tenant complaint?

July 20th The real landlady reached out to us personally

August 5th, The court date which the former manager and his shady friend did not attend. 

Fast forward to September 11th, I'll be at Caesars Palace on my honeymoon seeing the Elusive Chanteuse, Mariah Carey perform her 18 number 1's in Vegas.

October 1st, Closing for our house will be completed.

Yup, so much for terrible at adulting just because I paid my rent 5 days late twice in a two year span. Oh please, ya'll act like ya'll never missed a bill etc. And if you say you never did you're simply lying to save face. A few of ya'll need to grow up. This thread doesn't hurt your life in the slightest yet here you are, butt hurt as the dickens. 
  • edited August 2016

• News flash some of us have decades of no late payments.   We do not think we are special or anything.  It's just pay our bills on time.  And some of us pay off our credit cards in full each month.   Shocking I know.

Glad everything is working out for you.  Good luck with the new house.  But you really need to drop the "only been 5 days late twice in 2 years" bit.  You should not be proud it only happened twice, you should be some-what embarrassed actually.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @MissKittyDanger LANGUAGE...

"bad mark on your account" where? Because a rental lease is not reported to any credit agency. That's just dumb to even say. I also doubt you've never been late or partial (especially with revolving debt like a credit card). You realize a minimum payment is still a partial payment and congrats because you're now a hypocrite!

Take your "sh*tty" attitude else where darling. 

(The point being the ex property manager allowing his friend to harass us over an agreement we made with the ex property manager)
    You might want to look up credit reports because ALL late/missed payments are reported to the credit bureau.

And now you're assuming I don't pay off my credit card every month LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO .... excellent.
    Also, even making a minimum payment is still considered a payment and you will still continue to have good credit.
    This knowledge is part of my job. It's not "shitty attitude" , it's checking your facts and reminding you to stop assuming when you just got angry about people assuming your timeline was wrong or whatever.

I never once said what the property manager or friend did was wrong, because yes it was wrong what they did.
  • edited August 2016
  • @southernbelle0915 You mean to tell me the entire website is inhabited with ONLY the people who commented on this train wreck thread?!!! *Sarcasm. I just don't understand why people still want to comment on this thread when it was done and over with. I only log in once every few weeks. Do people really spend their days here?

@lyndausvi and some of us are literally only two decades old but thank you. I'm sorry but I have no shame and no reason to be embarrassed. The first lateness last year was due to my husband needing a tumor removed before it turned cancerous or it rendering him sterile. The second time I took bereavement time off. Two instances out of my hands but we recovered and it was a learning experience. I don't see why strangers need to be so hostile over it. It doesn't affect anyone else in the slightest. 
    You do realize this thread turned into a completely different conversation - not about you - right? And that people generally stopped giving a shit about your situation a long time ago? You're the one who came back on with guns blazing to tell everyone off (poorly, btw), dredging your situation back up. You seem to fail to catch the hypocrisy in every damn thing you say. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you're only twenty. Not that all 20 year-olds are immature, but sometimes age is an indicator of maturity, clearly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited August 2016
    @MissKittyDanger Again, renting an APARTMENT does not always go on your credit report UNLESS you were evicted or rare enough your landlord decideds to report it to one of the 3 credit bureaus. I think you're confusing renting an apartment with taking out a mortgage which is a loan. I literally have been at the same spot for 2 years and in the two years have obtained 2 annual credit reports and failed to see my apartment listed as revolving debt. 

"According to credit bureau Experian, on-time rent payments do not raise your credit score, because leasing companies do not report payments to the credit bureaus"

The point was what THEY did in response to an agreement that we had already worked out. I'm not arguing that we weren't wrong with being late but excusing this guy who wasn't even affiliated with my landlady directly is ridiculous. 

A minimum payment isn't a full payment though but it's sufficient enough for the lender to give the debtor an extension. 

I'm sorry but your fact checking seems to be a little inaccurate. So if you paid your cards off in full then you wouldn't have much credit to stand on simply because you can't prove that you are able to make consistent payments. Plus if you close out your credit cards, you would have to reapply for a new credit card which is a hard inquiry on your credit report.  But what facts where you trying to debunk? The only facts I've given were details of what happened to us and the facts of the economy which show most families live paycheck to paycheck or are in some form of doubt. 
  • @MrsPeacock2016 are you done? None of us believe your BS. Lets be done. It is embarrassing for you.
  • @madamerwin LOL you wanna talk about Hypocrisy?! Okay, On august 2nd someone commented on the thread. On august 3rd, one of the main people who had such a big problem with this thread decided to comment bringing up old crap. I simply decided to give updates. Seeing as how the thread IS about me because it's MY awful thread, these posts are still about me. How is that hard to comprehend? Frankly since you have such a problem with it I'm just gonna ignore you to save both of us the headache. 
  • @southernbelle0915 You mean to tell me the entire website is inhabited with ONLY the people who commented on this train wreck thread?!!! *Sarcasm. I just don't understand why people still want to comment on this thread when it was done and over with. I only log in once every few weeks. Do people really spend their days here?

@lyndausvi and some of us are literally only two decades old but thank you. I'm sorry but I have no shame and no reason to be embarrassed. The first lateness last year was due to my husband needing a tumor removed before it turned cancerous or it rendering him sterile. The second time I took bereavement time off. Two instances out of my hands but we recovered and it was a learning experience. I don't see why strangers need to be so hostile over it. It doesn't affect anyone else in the slightest. 
    Yes, the bolded is obvious. 

I'm not hostile, I just get annoyed at flippant attitudes when it comes to paying bills on time.  One should strive to pay them on time, not be satisfied that it's only happening once a year.          

The fact that it's not being reported to the agencies is irrelevant.  Sorry it's not a good sign that you are buying a house and a few situations have popped up RECENTLY causing you to be late on your rent.    

If taking time off for bereavement causes you to be late for rent what the hell are you going to do when your furnace dies or the roof needs fixing?      

I don't really care, but there are a lot of lurkers out there that can learn from this thread. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @dyerwise I don't need any of you to believe me lmao again, a judge believed us and the landlady believed us. I'm simply passing time until my meeting at 3. Nobody forced you to read it, nobody forced you to comment. 
  • edited August 2016
  • @lyndausvi I didn't have an attitude about being late. I'm throwing shade because people on here are so quick to try to tear people down for the slightest of reasons. I seen one thread where people went in on someone for changing into a display dress. I honestly think some people are bored and need the drama in their lives since their wedding day is long over. I originally came here to vent, not be subjected to vitriol just for fun because some members think they own the boards and can dish but are mysteriously absolved of taking. I don't know how it's not clear that my attitude is from the vitriol. 

If my house needs repairs I'd have insurance that would help cover the costs. Most first time homebuyer mortgages require the property to have a clean bill of health. That doesn't stop the appliances from failing but it doesn't mean the house is gonna break down as soon as we move either. lol
  • edited August 2016
    @lyndausvi I didn't have an attitude about being late. I'm throwing shade because people on here are so quick to try to tear people down for the slightest of reasons. I seen one thread where people went in on someone for changing into a display dress. I honestly think some people are bored and need the drama in their lives since their wedding day is long over. I originally came here to vent, not be subjected to vitriol just for fun because some members think they own the boards and can dish but are mysteriously absolved of taking. I don't know how it's not clear that my attitude is from the vitriol. 

If my house needs repairs I'd have insurance that would help cover the costs. Most first time homebuyer mortgages require the property to have a clean bill of health. That doesn't stop the appliances from failing but it doesn't mean the house is gonna break down as soon as we move either. lol
    As to your first bolded, did you not see a problem with (based solely on the original post not anything posted afterwards) her going into the store after hours and taking a dress? I mean, it turned out (so she said, but could have been backtracking) that the wedding coordinator had permission, but I was still shocked based solely on the OP.

As to the second bolded - This is not true unless you specifically have a home warranty. Homeowner's insurance doesn't cover appliances unless they're damaged through very specific events (fire, lightning, theft, etc.). I bought my house last January and spent $400 in the first 3 months having my plumbing lines snaked and air conditioner recharged. I know that's not a huge amount, but after I figured out that my plumbing wasn't covered under the warranty, I had friends help me out. The "clean bill of health" is really only to make sure that the home is habitable and safe. The appliances can be 50 years old and the mortgage still go through. Hell, they can be missing and the mortgage go through. The mortgage company only cares that about the total value. 

The roof is the same way. If it deteriorates because of age, that's not covered under your homeowner's insurance. I'm not sure about other states, but in my state it's damn near impossible to find roof coverage at the same deductible as everything else. So if my house catches fire, my deductible is $1,000. However, if there's a tornado (which is so common that it's the reason for this rule), my deductible is 2% of the insured value of the house or $2700. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I can only go with what is being written, but it seems like someone is being a little blinded on home ownership.

Many people (including myself) have had repairs on newly bought homes.  It's not as uncommon as one might think. 

If bereavement and weddings causes rent payments to be late it will be a rude awaking for home ownership.
    She's definitely in for a rude awakening unless she researches a little more. My parents built a house and spent a year trying to get the fireplace to stop leaking. Granted, that was on the homebuilder, but it was still a year out of their lives in a brand new home.
  • lyndausvi said:
    I can only go with what is being written, but it seems like someone is being a little blinded on home ownership.

Many people (including myself) have had repairs on newly bought homes.  It's not as uncommon as one might think. 

If bereavement and weddings causes rent payments to be late it will be a rude awaking for home ownership.
    She's definitely in for a rude awakening unless she researches a little more. My parents built a house and spent a year trying to get the fireplace to stop leaking. Granted, that was on the homebuilder, but it was still a year out of their lives in a brand new home.
    My parents have owned 30 homes throughout their marriage (dad got transferred a lot for work).   They were fairly lucky, until their last home.   Over $20K in repairs the first year.  They were able to sue the previous owners (long story) and they won, but it took 2 years for the lawsuit to go to trail.  So that $20K + lawyer fees were out-of-pocket until they won the lawsuit.

This house was their summer house, so they didn't live there year around.   In a separate situation than above. They had a monitoring company monitor the temp of the house so the pipes wouldn't burst.   The monitoring didn't work, pipes burst. The entire first floor hardwoods had to be replaced.  (it's an open concept and there was no way to just replace part of the floor because it would be noticeable it was different.)   Insurance and the monitoring company paid for the repairs, but not before they had pay for deductibles and some out-of-pocket stuff before the insurance companies reimbursed them.  

It's not all doom and gloom, but owning a house is no joke and stupid shit happens. If you are not prepared you can be screwed.

• lyndausvi said:
    My parents have owned 30 homes throughout their marriage (dad got transferred a lot for work).   They were fairly lucky, until their last home.   Over $20K in repairs the first year.  They were able to sue the previous owners (long story) and they won, but it took 2 years for the lawsuit to go to trail.  So that $20K + lawyer fees were out-of-pocket until they won the lawsuit.

This house was their summer house, so they didn't live there year around.   In a separate situation than above. They had a monitoring company monitor the temp of the house so the pipes wouldn't burst.   The monitoring didn't work, pipes burst. The entire first floor hardwoods had to be replaced.  (it's an open concept and there was no way to just replace part of the floor because it would be noticeable it was different.)   Insurance and the monitoring company paid for the repairs, but not before they had pay for deductibles and some out-of-pocket stuff before the insurance companies reimbursed them.  

It's not all doom and gloom, but owning a house is no joke and stupid shit happens. If you are not prepared you can be screwed.
    I was really fortunate that my sellers paid for my first year of the warranty. Unfortunately, it was the base plan so they would only fix things the easiest way. My plumbing issue was that the house sat vacant for several months with no water, so when water started running through the pipes again, everything that was in the pipes loosened up and clogged the lines. The damn clog was too far from the washout on the side of the house and could only be cleared from the roof vent. They didn't pay for that, only through the side clean out,  and their guy told me he needed to run a camera and they didn't pay for that either. That first visit was almost $200. It ended up clogging three more times and I paid a friend $75 to clear it. 
  • Have you heard of deductibles?? Wear and tear?  I think you're really naive about what you think it's going to cost to own.    Owning a home means you need an oh crap fund.   Home warranties can be a joke to deal with and insurance won't cover all of it.    

When DH had to fix the water pipe from our leaking toilet that was on us.    When the water holding tank died and cost $300 to repair that's on us.   When our dishwasher broke because it was a POS that was our cost.   There's no special first time home buyer no repair cost clause.   
  • Wanna know how much we paid to have our A/C units replaced last month?  Hint: It was more than our downpayment.

Insurance didn't cover a dime.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards