Chit Chat

Pokemon Go!

13»

Re: Pokemon Go!

• @Jells2dot0 That's kind of strange to have a separate policy, but I agree that no one should be playing at work period. We get paid to work, not mess around on our phones. In my opinion, that is just unprofessional. Play on your own time people.
  • @Jells2dot0 That's kind of strange to have a separate policy, but I agree that no one should be playing at work period. We get paid to work, not mess around on our phones. In my opinion, that is just unprofessional. Play on your own time people.
    Sometimes.  But sometimes I get paid to knot. 

Yeah, notice I didn't mention that is was wrong to do it at work. It is, but I'm guilty as charged of knotting at work. LOL

• The perils of being a teacher! I can't be catching Pokémon or knotting when the kids are there. Lol
  • Okay, I've googled this and the instructions are way over my head. How do you fight at the gym?  I keep getting my butt kicked. Something about hatching the eggs and feeding candy to the pokedex?  Can someone explain this in Gen X video game English please?
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    Okay, I've googled this and the instructions are way over my head. How do you fight at the gym?  I keep getting my butt kicked. Something about hatching the eggs and feeding candy to the pokedex?  Can someone explain this in Gen X video game English please?
    Basically to start off, walk around and you'll find Pokemon, click on the Pokemon and throw the pokeball at it. Now you have a Pokemon! Each Pokemon has unique "candy" which helps them evolve or get more CP(health). The radar at the bottom right tells you which Pokemon are nearby, the number of footprints tell you how close they are. In the gyms when they are an opposing team you can fight them by choosing 6 Pokemon, try to choose ones with the highest CP and with the best opposing types (water is weak against electric, fire is weak against water, etc). The gym will tell you its level, keep defeating the gym to lower its level. Eventually the gym will become white, which means it's unclaimed. Click it fast and put your best Pokemon in there. If the gym is your own team, you can fight the Pokemon to raise the level.
    any duplicate Pokemon can be transferred for candy, you can use the candy to level up Pokemon of the same "breed?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @Jells2dot0 That's kind of strange to have a separate policy, but I agree that no one should be playing at work period. We get paid to work, not mess around on our phones. In my opinion, that is just unprofessional. Play on your own time people.
    and I get paid to take short walk breaks to clear my head and get up and move around so why not Pokemon during them
  • kvrunskvruns member
    MCmeow said:
    Okay, I've googled this and the instructions are way over my head. How do you fight at the gym?  I keep getting my butt kicked. Something about hatching the eggs and feeding candy to the pokedex?  Can someone explain this in Gen X video game English please?
    Basically to start off, walk around and you'll find Pokemon, click on the Pokemon and throw the pokeball at it. Now you have a Pokemon! Each Pokemon has unique "candy" which helps them evolve or get more CP(health). The radar at the bottom right tells you which Pokemon are nearby, the number of footprints tell you how close they are. In the gyms when they are an opposing team you can fight them by choosing 6 Pokemon, try to choose ones with the highest CP and with the best opposing types (water is weak against electric, fire is weak against water, etc). The gym will tell you its level, keep defeating the gym to lower its level. Eventually the gym will become white, which means it's unclaimed. Click it fast and put your best Pokemon in there. If the gym is your own team, you can fight the Pokemon to raise the level.
    any duplicate Pokemon can be transferred for candy, you can use the candy to level up Pokemon of the same "breed?"
    oh and to fight/battle you tap on your character super fast, like the second it comes on start tapping. I thought you were supposed to swipe and kept getting zapped. 

other than that I dont get it. But H takes my phone and makes my characters stronger for battle or something and I'm all "I dont really get it but I will tap as fast as I can" and I actually somehow won something bc I guess I had some decent characters
  • kvruns said:
    MCmeow said:
    oh and to fight/battle you tap on your character super fast, like the second it comes on start tapping. I thought you were supposed to swipe and kept getting zapped. 

other than that I dont get it. But H takes my phone and makes my characters stronger for battle or something and I'm all "I dont really get it but I will tap as fast as I can" and I actually somehow won something bc I guess I had some decent characters
    Also for battle - Vaporeon (which is an Evee evolution and thus pretty easy to get) is pretty much the best Pokemon for fighting a gym. It has a powerful basic attack and a lot of stamina. There has been a lot of commentary regarding the need to nerf Vaporeon a bit but until they do it is a better fighter than, for example, my Charizard. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    kvruns said:
    MCmeow said:

Also for battle - Vaporeon (which is an Evee evolution and thus pretty easy to get) is pretty much the best Pokemon for fighting a gym. It has a powerful basic attack and a lot of stamina. There has been a lot of commentary regarding the need to nerf Vaporeon a bit but until they do it is a better fighter than, for example, my Charizard. 
    I have one of those and a Flareon. Those are my 2 best although I have a cute penguin guy too but I dont think he's a good fighter even though he has high points.
  • kvruns said:
    kvruns said:
    MCmeow said:

I have one of those and a Flareon. Those are my 2 best although I have a cute penguin guy too but I dont think he's a good fighter even though he has high points.
    Out of all three of these responses, @kvruns is the only one in my language.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards