Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Suggestions!

Hi Guys! My partner and I are getting married in a couple months, we're going to New York City for a few days right after to get away. Then in the spring we're heading to Europe to explore. I've been over before ( England, Italy and France) but my partner has never visited. The plan is to bounce around to a few countries- the hardest part is getting across the ocean right :smile: I am completely open to revisiting places I've been before to explore with my mister.

I am looking for your suggestions of where to go and what to see for either trip. Thanks all!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions!

• Options

What types of things do you want to see? How long are you planning on staying? What is your budget?

I've been all over- Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Liechtenstein, England. I liked each place for different reasons. My absolute favorite thing to do is spend time in London. We do all sorts of things when we go over there every year and usually never the truly touristy things. But, there is a lot to see and do there. My favorite overall country was Switzerland. The scenery was gorgeous and we have an obsession with cheese fondue. We spent a lot of our time just walking around the various cities. In Belgium, we did a lot of brewery tours and ate a lot of chocolate, grilled cheese, and fries.  We'll be heading back there soon to focus on WWI history. Germany has a ton to offer depending on which area you travel to. In France, we focused on the champagne region and did a lot of champagne house tours. I could go on, but it really boils down to the experience you want to have.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    Spain is budget friendly, and in the fall it won't be quite as hot.  Barcelona is a party town with a beach for young people.  I just came from there Sunday.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    We have to look into what all we can take off from work still but somewhere between 2 to 3 weeks. I don't mind museums and such but there aren't Mister Bear's favourite thing. So i'd say a bit more wander/explore/less touristy hot spot. I am sure there are a few tourist spots we'll have to stop by ( aka eiffel tower). Not 100% on budget yet but I'd say south of 7,000  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I loved Finland/Norway/Sweden/Denmark/Estonia. Amazing food and drink and prices weren't as bad as London can be.

You could always rent a car and drive through Italy or France ...

• Options
    I mean... I feel you really can't go wrong in Europe. Every city has history and museums and food and overall culture. The countrysides have their own charms.
    Why not binge watch Rick Steves Europe episodes and see what strikes your fancy?
    Taking short-hop flights is sometimes cheaper than the rail (aka EasyJet "Squeasy Jet" or GermanWings). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards