Chit Chat

First World Problems

Re: First World Problems

• I'm sick of zucchini but my garden is a machine...I have 6 inside the house and probably 8 currently growing!
    I wish I had this problem! Our garden was a flop this year, I guess because of the whacky weather. We grew a weed garden successfully though...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sick of zucchini but my garden is a machine...I have 6 inside the house and probably 8 currently growing!
    I planted three yellow squash and three zucchini plants, not realizing they would take over the world. There are at least 15 yellow squash that need to be picked, and I am sick of eating it. There are 8 zucchini that could be picked (one is WAY too big) and a bunch of babies forming. New house rule: If you come over to visit, you must leave with a minimum of one squash and one zucchini.

Have you ever made zucchini relish? It's a really good way to use it up.

ETA clarity

I should have clarified, I have zuch's and yellow squash, it's all the same to me.  My dad planted 4 of each.  Enough is enough.  I gave a bunch of green ones to FMIL and my BFF gets two each week!

And no, please send the recipe!  Tonight is zucchini pasta.

I'm sick of zucchini but my garden is a machine...I have 6 inside the house and probably 8 currently growing!
    I wish I had this problem! Our garden was a flop this year, I guess because of the whacky weather. We grew a weed garden successfully though...
    If I knew how to mail you some without ruining them, I would!
  • edited July 2016
    @kimmiinthemitten, I need to dig out my Mom's zucchini bread recipe for you! You can use up a lot of zucchini that way.
  • Not the exact recipe, but close. Nuts and dried fruit are optional; my Grandma used to add chocolate chips to get my younger cousins to eat it.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/zucchini_bread/
  • Not the exact recipe, but close. Nuts and dried fruit are optional; my Grandma used to add chocolate chips to get my younger cousins to eat it.

"Nuts...are optional," you say?  Blasphemy!
  • @kimmiinthemitten here's the zucchini relish recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spicy-zucchini-relish

Super easy (though I will say, grating onions is not very fun). Great way to use zucchini (and onions if you grow them!). If you feel ambitious you can actually can it, but in my house, H eats it with a spoon so it's gone in a couple of weeks anyway.

Another garden-related FWP: We harvested potatoes yesterday - which is my favorite garden activity since it's like digging for treasure - but we have so many and I don't know what to do with them.

But purple potatoes are so fun!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm hungry but I don't want to eat what I brought for lunch. 
  • We just had ergonomic assessments done on our work areas. I'm 5'1 1/2" .... my area requires most effort :(
  • edited July 2016
    Not the exact recipe, but close. Nuts and dried fruit are optional; my Grandma used to add chocolate chips to get my younger cousins to eat it.

My brother wasn't a fan of nuts in baked goods as a kid (no allergy, just didn't like them; don't know if that's still the case). I prefer nuts but will eat zucchini bread with or without nuts.

My brother wasn't a fan of nuts in baked goods as a kid (no allergy, just didn't like them; don't know if that's still the case). I prefer nuts but will eat zucchini bread with or without nuts.
    That's nuts!!!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• My phone won't play Pandora and let me play 2048 at the same time. :(
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    We had tickets for the 1pm Jason Bourne movie today and now DH might have to stay at work and I will have to wait until tomorrow.  

ETA - Too complicated to make everyone else stay, so we're going today!!  Yay!!  Now I have to finish the third Bourne movie to catch up and may not have time for lunch

I am OBSESSED with that game!!! I never knew of anyone else who played it until today :smiley:
    I am OBSESSED with that game!!! I never knew of anyone else who played it until today :smiley:

I played it like an addict a while back when it came out. Now I've been playing the "crazy" one for days. I hate that my regular strategy of keeping the high number in the corner doesn't work well but I'm still playing the shit out of it LOL

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I played it like an addict a while back when it came out. Now I've been playing the "crazy" one for days. I hate that my regular strategy of keeping the high number in the corner doesn't work well but I'm still playing the shit out of it LOL

Wait, it doesn't? I always build out of the corner!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wait, it doesn't? I always build out of the corner!

The "crazy" one is like 8X8 so it's way harder to keep the big number in the corner. I'm still playing the game I started like a week ago and I'm still not sure I have a good strategy. LOL
  • edited August 2016

I took Monday off to go to Bears training camp. But Blackhawks tickets go on sale Monday morning and I won't be at work to buy them.

ETA: I'm an idiot. Preseason tickets go on sale Monday. IDGAF about preseason. I know you all were worried about this, so crisis averted. Carry on.

• I got a pedi about a month ago and I'm trying to take off the Polish, but the pedi was so good that it won't come off. 
  • H brought me this yummy moussey chocolate pie, but the bottom crust is grittier than I prefer. 
  • I drank a little too much wine last night and now I'm hungover at work :( 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The Maccas we wanted to get breakfast from this morning at 530am was closed :( now we have to drive another half hour to the next one. Damn non 24 hour shops! 
  • I have a coupon for a pizza place we like that's by my work so I've decided to surprise H and bring home pizza. Except I waited too long to order and it takes an hour (deep dish) so now I'm stuck staying at work way later than I want to on a Friday waiting for the pizza. Should have ordered it at like 3:15 but forgot about it til almost 4.

Plus then it means I'll be stuck in super crappy traffic on the drive home and have to smell pizza for ev er.
  • My steak was well done instead of medium rare :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My steak was well done instead of medium rare :(
    This is a real problem!  I hate when I'm looking forward to a good, properly cooked piece of red meat and end up with a hockey puck.  If I wanted crap, I would have paid $0.99 for a McDonalds Double thankyouverymuch.
  • There are too many choices of flowers at the supermarket and I can't decide what color scheme I want to go with.
    *********************************************************************************

• I really need a pedicure, but don't want to spend the money on it. I want to just buy the Amope nail set {buffing the calluses AND nails!} and be done with it.

Also .... 49 days until first time home buyer! Just bites we still have to wait lmao
  • FH got pulled over driving my car with tags that expired last month while speeding. He was going to just be given a warning entirely, but he couldn't find the current proof of insurance so yay court visit!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards