Not Engaged Yet

Tired Tuesday

So, I had an eventful Monday. 

I left work like usual. Took train #1 like usual. Got on train #2 like usual. And then some crazy fuckface decided to announce that he was going to blow up the train. 

Long story short, we were evacuated, the asshole was arrested, the train was swept and nothing was found. 

Scary fucking shit, though. 

I went home and drank a bottle of wine, made and ate dinner (ST Honey Teriyaki Drumsticks and cauliflower fried rice!), and then stayed up watching the DNC. Michelle Obama is amazing. I am super tired today. 

That is all. 

Re: Tired Tuesday

• @Swazzle Oh my gosh I'm so glad you're ok...that is terrifying. People are are fucking scary. I'm tired today too....I stayed up entirely way too late.

I'm definitely dragging. I had an interesting evening but definitely not as interesting as @Swazzle! Callie was still pretty clingy yesterday and didn't want to play much last night. So to give us both a break I gave her a bubble bath lol. She loves bath time and played in the bubbles forever so I could sit and breathe while she did that. Afterwards I watched Bachelorette and waited for DH to come home.

I had a meltdown last night because I was so tired and I just cried to DH. I needed to just let everything out and I feel much better today. I've been unhappy and anxious ever since the incident with DH's mom and stepdad and this year has just been crazy with the cars and trying to get used to this whole parenting thing. It's just stressful. DH let me cry and get it all out and he said I didn't have to see his Mom and stepdad at his grandparent's bday party in a couple weeks and that seriously felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders...like I feel 100% better after that. It was making my stomach churn thinking about seeing them. 

Ugh now that I got that off my back...tonight I'm finally getting to go to CrossFit! I haven't been in like two weeks...so I'm in need of a good work out. Afterwards we are going to small group and I'm making Hot jalapeno Corn dip!
  • Awww @PamBeesly524 you look beautiful! That's a great picture!
  • @southernpeach89 I'm always on board with a good cry - I think it's totally necessary sometimes to just get it all out! I'm so glad you feel better after talking to H about everything. I hope stuff continues to get better and that you get some alone time!
  • @Swazzle How fucking terrifying!! I'm glad it was a false alarm and that everyone was okay. Damn I would have freaked.

@PamBeesly524 That dress is lovely! You guys look great! Glad you had fun!

@southernpeach89 BIG hugs to you!! That's so much to be going through. <3

I'm feeling similar lately. Yesterday at work I found out I made a mistake last week. So between processing the regular payroll, I had to fix the mistake too. It took me all day but I was able to do it. There is some stress going on at home too, so my head hasn't been in it. Hopefully today will be better!

BF called me after work and asked if I would meet him at my Aunt's with a bathing suit. It was hot yesterday and he was dying from work. I did and we swam for a bit. If today is as hot as they say it's going to be I'm sure we will do the same.

Our friends mentioned coming over again for AGT tonight so we might have them over too, not sure yet. I'm just so ready for this week to be over.. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes I LOVE Thomas Rhett! I totally validate the cd purchase lol.
  • @PamBeesly524 - You are gorgeous! I love that dress! So glad your reading went well and you had a great time at the wedding :smile:

@southernpeach89 - Did you steal a bottle of wine for last night?! I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time but I'm glad you were able to cry it out and you feel a bit better today. Your H is an awesome guy. 

@LizzyTish88 - I hope everything's ok. We're always here if you need to talk/vent! :::HUGS:::

@TwoDimes - I need to put my CDs in my car because there are times when I'm driving long distances and I just want to belt out old school Mariah Carey or Madonna or Britney Spears but I'm driving and I don't want to waste my phone battery by streaming. I think it's adorable that you still BUY CDs :wink:

@labro - I missed Sarah Silverman and Cory Booker (I was sad about this because I LOVE him). Bernie came on SO late but I couldn't help it, I stayed up for the whole thing. H had a 10:00 hockey game and I was still up when he got home. I'm paying for it today though! 

• @labro Yea I'm not going to go, DH said he would invite his grandparents over for dinner that same weekend so they can see Callie. I feel selfish about it but there is just no way I will feel comfortable there with his Mom and Stepdad...it would definitely cause awkward tension.

@Swazzle I definitely stole a bottle of wine from my mom last night lololol. She only had a few left so she will probably notice. I needed to relax! So she will understand haha. 

• @labro yeah, I missed Bernie too but Michelle Obama's speech was THE bomb
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    @minskat30 I hope you have some fun walks with Ani today! I loved taking Callie for naps walks...especially when she was little and she'd sleep lol!

ETA LOL my brain is definitely in sleep mode still.

• @minskat30 - What all did you cook yesterday? I'm trying desperately to get back on the good eating wagon. My mom and aunts and I are doing a Biggest Loser type competition right now. We're going to weigh in every 3 weeks and the Biggest Loser each time gets $25 from the others. I need to get back to WW and tracking and I want to eat more cleanly. 

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @swazzle pretty boring but lots of measuring mostly lots of high protein meals...H has to get 50g protein, 50g good fat and 60g clean carbs and minimal sugar roughly from 3-4 meals so I made either breakfast of cottage cheese (a lot) and cut up fruit or egg white scrambles with tons of veggies and avocado, nut and cheese snack packs, grilled chicken marinated with lime, oranges and chipotle in adobo, lots of chopped veggies sautéed in olive oil and a verde sauce, quinoa and brown rice. It's not the cooking that even took so long but the measuring and organizing!!! 

I highly recommend the grilled chicken though...2 oranges squeezed, 2 limes, 1 can of chipotle in adobo with paprika and pepper per 2-3lb chicken or so, marinated over night then grilled...it's good! 
  • @TwoDimes I hadn't been listening to country lately, but I just put it back on my station on Spotify yesterday. Loving some new stuff!

@labro What a great H! I miss my old SN so much. It figures too, I changed it due to my boss who is now gone and it doesn't matter.. I looked online quickly for Michelle Obama's speech, and saw a clip but not the whole thing. Need to look that up later.

@minskat30 Hope you and Ani have fun on your walks today!

@ everyone thanks for the well wishes. I thought about venting but it's a bit much. There is a ton of cheer drama going on and on Thursday night I will be attending a meeting that will determine if I coach again this year (season starts Monday night). I'm already in the hole for the season with both time and money, but I can't stand what they are trying to do.

Add that to work stress of trying to fix all the things my old boss fucked up before he left, and I have no time to destress. All of this is leading to me stress eating like crazy and I've definitely gained back weight, if not more than I originally lost.

I need a break. I really want a beach day to just relax but I don't want to go alone and I have no friends to go with. BF won't come and my mom is busy. This weekend is the last free weekend I have until after we come back from vacation in September. I also can't take vacation because after our September trip, I only have 5 vacation days left, and I have to save them incase I do coach and have the rare chance of making it back to Nationals...

GAH sorry. That was supposed to be the quick version...

friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes I never really thought to ask him that way. I've just been saying "I want to go to the beach." Maybe if I explain it to him, he will see why I am asking and come with. He doesn't have a reason to not go, he just prefers my Aunt's pool. I like pools too, but it's not the same. I also want to have a day just the two of us so I will ask him tonight and better explain myself. Thank you!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 big hugs! Sorry you're going through so much stress.. It's bad enough to be stressed at work but to have it coming from cheer, etc. makes it tough! I hope you get to to go to the beach soon! I like @TwoDimes suggestion to word it differently with BF. 
  • @500days Yes! Can we plan a day for Friday? It would help so much!
    friends tv show funy
  • @500days I <3 Old Orchard Beach. Such a fun place! Re: pregnancy-- i2i. H and I have always said we would start trying when we're 29 with the hopes of having our first baby when we're 30, but now that that's a year away, I'm like, "ehhhhhhhhh." I totally understand the "I'm selfish" feeling. No need to judge yourself hard for that! It's not a negative thing! It's good that you are that self aware and understand how much a baby would change your lives. It's definitely not a decision to make lightly. Anywho, I'm sorry you had a stressful week. :( Did your period ever come?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @500days That's so scary! It can definitely be a holy shit moment, especially if it's something you're not planning or expecting...but I'm glad the test results are negative since pregnancy doesn't seem to be something you desire right now.

@eilis1228 I am so excited to hear him speak! He has a relationship with Hillary because of his multiple health problems as a child. She brought him forward during the hearings she participated in as First Lady to bring health care to more Americans. Ever since then they've maintained a close connection and it's just this really awesome thing that he gets to speak on the night of her nomination!

• @500days - Eeeeek what a whirlwind of emotions! I'm glad that the result was what you wanted, that's such a scary feeling though. I've been there (haven't we all?). 

• @LizzyTish88 YAY!!! IT'S ON! We can go wherever you want; I haven't ventured to any MA beaches yet. Don't worry this week will get better, I promise.

@eilis1228 Yes thankfully my period came while we were in OOB (lame) but we were happy. My H was so good while I was freaking out too. He kept on telling me that everything will be okay even when I was yelling/crying "NO it's not!" I've also been drinking all summer (duh) so if I was pregnant I would have felt so horrible. I'm just so relieved that it's not an issue. I know we would be great parents, but we still want to take our time finding a house and enjoying being just us for awhile. 
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    @labro Ahhhh that is one of the coolest stories I've ever heard! How amazing that they've maintained a close connection after all these years! 

@500days Aww your H sounds pretty great. Bummer about AF showing up while you were at OOB though. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle I'm so glad that you guys can relate. I feel like it's been 10 years since I have had a friend have a pregnancy scare. And this was the first scare for my H and I in the 8 years we have been together. He knows I am really good about taking BC so he was confident that I would have a negative test.

I forgot to mention that I went to my BFF's baby shower on Sunday afternoon when we got back and I just had all of these weird feelings. I know it's normal and I'm glad things have calmed down but it's definitely been eye opening for me.
  • @500days - On Easter of last year, I had a total meltdown. I thought I was KTFU because I had ALLLLLLLLLLL the pregnancy symptoms and no period. I actually had an IUD at the time, but I've heard of quite a few people getting pregnant with them and that would be just my luck. I was hysterical crying and telling H that I was going to be such a terrible mother and how could we afford a baby and what about all of our free time and vacations. He went to CVS and got a pregnancy test for me which was obviously negative and it was SUCH a relief. It's scary! And I think it's scary either way but especially if comes out of nowhere. 

• @Swazzle OMG we are pregnancy scare twins. Thanks for sharing because it was practically identical. Definitely yelled all of those things with my head under the covers in bed. Even saying how all of my plans for the school year are ruined (who's going to run the dodgeball tournament?!)...like really dramatic.
  • @swazzle, that's insane. I'm glad you're safe.

@pambeesly524, glad you had so much fun at the wedding!

@untouchablets, good luck to you and your BF and your new jobs!

@lizzytish88, big hugs, and I hope your stress levels go down soon.
    ---
    H made the hibachi steak for dinner last night, and it was pretty darn good. I cleaned one of the bathrooms and did some decluttering in the living room. Afterward I finished a prayer shawl and listened some more to my book on the Tudors. I'm up to Mary I ("Bloody Mary") and have about 25% of the book left.

Today H and I overslept (oops) so he had to run to his morning meeting, but I think he made it on time. This evening, H is making Philly Market Roasted Pork Hoagies for supper; I'm probably going to clean the other bathroom and do some decluttering in the library. Hopefully I can get H to mop the hard floors or vacuum the carpet with cleaning powder. Maybe some knitting? And H needs to make a new character for a new Pathfinder (D&D-like) campaign he's starting tomorrow night after church. I get to help, which is always fun - I come up with backstory to make the character slightly more challenging/fun to play than "beatstick on page".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards