Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• Options
    @charlotte989875 @AtomicBlonde @*Barbie* It would be somewhere in the Philly area. I'm not sure what the requirements are yet as far as if we could live in nearby cities, but we will definitely do our research on taxes, etc. before making any decisions. I'm still holding out hope for him to find a job somewhere out west lol

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler - if you end up south of the city (Delaware County) I can make some recommendations. That's where ILs live, and we used to live. Property taxes can be very high depending on the community where you live, so definitely something to consider. PA's state income tax is ~4%, and if you work in Philly city limits, they have a ~4% wage tax. (The wage tax supercedes your local income tax, which sucks. I got an 8% raise when we moved to TX since there's no state or local income taxes here.)

Taxes and insurance are cheaper in PA than NJ, but NJ gas is cheaper. NJ also makes you pay to leave the state. (You don't pay a fee on the bridges when you go into NJ, but you pay to cross back into PA.) DE doesn't have sales tax, so is always good if you need to make a larger purchase. Atlantic City is only ~75-90 minutes from the Philly area, so makes for fun weekend/day trips. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @pegasuskat I'm so happy it's not cancer. Here's hoping the flare up fades quickly. 

Thanks for for the birthday wishes. Spent the morning running errands, but this afternoon we're going to a botanical garden then it's Mexican for dinner. 
  • Options
    I am just feeling...blah today, for lack of a better term.  I slept all right, but it's just like I am low on energy and motivation today.

Wooz is having a great time at camp.  She texts me pretty much the entire time she and DH are on the train.  Yesterday, on the way home she texted me "Do you know that if you put 5 table spoons [sic] of salt in a cup of water you can make a golf ball float?"  No, I surely did not know that.  (Afternoon camp is marine biology, and they were talking about salinity, among other things.)

I am not thrilled about my brother moving, but it's purely selfish.  I told DH last night, we pretty much text/email daily and rarely see each other in person, so it's not like much will change.  But still.  DH is delighted to have an excuse to travel, since my brother said they're shooting for an April wedding.  I keep thinking of random things, though.  Like the fact that he lives near my dad, so I just always assumed that as Dad gets older, my brother would be on top of things, kind of like I am with our mom.  Or the fact that we are going to have to get the kids to the UK and back, and Wooz's passport needs to be renewed, and DS needs to get one.  Random stuff.

There was an accident in front of DC this morning, car hit a bicyclist.  I keep checking back to see if the cyclist is okay, but no updates yet.  They just say he/she was hospitalized in serious condition.

My mother texted my brother and me that her hair has officially started falling out.  She knew it was coming, so it's almost a relief, if that makes any sense.  Now she can stop dreading it and wondering when it will happen.     
  • Options
    Aaaannnddd they aren't expecting to get the power back on until 7 tonight. I just went grocery shopping yesterday and now I have to toss the majority of the contents of the fridge. 
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat That Sucks! Hopefully, it won't be as bad as you think. Full refrigerators will hold their temperature better than empty ones. Idk if you have space or if it is even worth it at this point, but buying a bag of ice and shutting it in there would help keep the contents cool too.

@pegasuskat so happy you are cancer free!

One hour of work left, terrible headache.  :(
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise it's been 14 hours now and will be 20 by the time it comes back on. The freezer is pretty full so it should stay cold for at least 24 hours. I really don't want to have to toss all the meat I just bought and my insurance deductible is too high to cover it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Great news, @pegasuskat
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    @thefanciestbeckler - if you end up south of the city (Delaware County) I can make some recommendations. That's where ILs live, and we used to live. Property taxes can be very high depending on the community where you live, so definitely something to consider. PA's state income tax is ~4%, and if you work in Philly city limits, they have a ~4% wage tax. (The wage tax supercedes your local income tax, which sucks. I got an 8% raise when we moved to TX since there's no state or local income taxes here.)

Taxes and insurance are cheaper in PA than NJ, but NJ gas is cheaper. NJ also makes you pay to leave the state. (You don't pay a fee on the bridges when you go into NJ, but you pay to cross back into PA.) DE doesn't have sales tax, so is always good if you need to make a larger purchase. Atlantic City is only ~75-90 minutes from the Philly area, so makes for fun weekend/day trips. 

@*Barbie* that will be awesome! Thank you! I'll need all the tips and advice I can get if we end up moving up there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards