Snarky Brides

Time-Bomb Weekend Wedding

2»

Re: Time-Bomb Weekend Wedding

• coffeepartycoffeeparty member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016

If you don't mind, OP, I need a little more detail on "no one knew where the food for dinner was".  Had it been forgotten and "running out to the store" for chicken/steaks was another guest task?  Or did it eventually get tracked down?  And hopefully still refrigerated.

I hope your wedding gift was salt and pepper shakers!

Haha that would have been an amazing gift!

So, there was some confusion about dinner b/c it had been kept in a refrigerator off-site (somewhere in town I think? At someone's house or rental cabin? I'm still not clear) and one of the groom's parents was supposed to go get it and put it in a cooler right before the ceremony was supposed to start so that it would be there and ready to go for the reception. But then they opened the cooler it was supposed to be in and it was just more beer.

So then people were running around checking all of the coolers in cars to see which one had dinner in it and then it turned out no one ever went back for it in the first place because everyone was so busy with all of the other setup and it got overlooked. After they figured out that it wasn't there in the first place, they had to drive back to town and pick it up & for some reason no one thought to start the coals/fire while that was happening--they waited until the food was physically back at the site before beginning any other prep so it took even longer.

Silver lining: they did not go through with the 'secret' ceremony the night before & we all saw them sign the certificate. If she had pulled a PPD on top of everything I prob. would have just set fire to the picnic tables and left, tbh

EDIT: Oh and I would like to add, I do care about her & would feel worse for her if she hadn't actually said a month ago: "Everyone's acting like planning a wedding is SO HARD and freaking out about it and I'm just like, guys chill, I've got this. I know what I'm doing." I thought about those words a lot over the course of the weekend.
  • Trainwreck.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    Double posting by mistake.

• If you don't mind, OP, I need a little more detail on "no one knew where the food for dinner was".  Had it been forgotten and "running out to the store" for chicken/steaks was another guest task?  Or did it eventually get tracked down?  And hopefully still refrigerated.

I hope your wedding gift was salt and pepper shakers!

Haha that would have been an amazing gift!

So, there was some confusion about dinner b/c it had been kept in a refrigerator off-site (somewhere in town I think? At someone's house or rental cabin? I'm still not clear) and one of the groom's parents was supposed to go get it and put it in a cooler right before the ceremony was supposed to start so that it would be there and ready to go for the reception. But then they opened the cooler it was supposed to be in and it was just more beer.

So then people were running around checking all of the coolers in cars to see which one had dinner in it and then it turned out no one ever went back for it in the first place because everyone was so busy with all of the other setup and it got overlooked. After they figured out that it wasn't there in the first place, they had to drive back to town and pick it up & for some reason no one thought to start the coals/fire while that was happening--they waited until the food was physically back at the site before beginning any other prep so it took even longer.

Silver lining: they did not go through with the 'secret' ceremony the night before & we all saw them sign the certificate. If she had pulled a PPD on top of everything I prob. would have just set fire to the picnic tables and left, tbh

EDIT: Oh and I would like to add, I do care about her & would feel worse for her if she hadn't actually said a month ago: "Everyone's acting like planning a wedding is SO HARD and freaking out about it and I'm just like, guys chill, I've got this. I know what I'm doing." I thought about those words a lot over the course of the weekend.
    does she still have that attitude? Because I've know similar brides who still thought that way afterwards and it's like "ya, because everyone else was doing the stuff for you or keeping their mouth shut about their lack of enjoyment"
  • What a shitty attitude. She isn't stressed about planning a wedding because she didn't. She just rocked up and threw her hands up and made everyone else scramble and cover for her. 
  • Thanks for the update! I'm way too Type A and a planner to ever have such a lackadaisical attitude about planning a wedding  having others put my wedding together.
    And even I was pretty laid back because we chose all-inclusive and had a paid coordinator manage the details. 

The food situation sounds absolutely horrible. Going into this I would've had a purse full of Power Bars. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards