Chit Chat
Options

CMGragain Early Childhood Performances?

@CMGragain Please tell us about your early childhood performance experiences! I'm intrigued! 

Also, how have you been feeling? Hope all is well with you
imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: CMGragain Early Childhood Performances?

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    These are painful memories for me.  I had stage parents who put me on display whenever possible.  From the age of three I had piano lessons, dancing lessons, singing lessons.  Not something a three year old should be doing.
    When I was 15, I was interviewed by Disney Studios.  I told the director, privately, that this wasn't what I wanted.  He was kind and understanding.  They were looking for an Annette replacement, since she had gone on to beach movies.  I can't believe those old photos were actually me!

So glad nothing ever came of it.  I did local theater as an adult, mostly musicals and opera.  My singing voice is only a memory now.
    Thank God for that wonderful man who understood.  I don't think I would have been strong enough to survive that life, and I really doubt that I would have been successful.  I still dream of walking out on stage and not knowing my lines or my spot, or even what the play is...and with Mother in the front row!

Ironically, my daughter decided, on her own, that she wanted to become a singer.  She had classical training, but I urged her to major in something practical - elementary education.  She occasionally sings in the Washington, DC area with the band, Blind Till Now.  Her recent pregnancy cut way back on her performances.  I'm glad she is realizing what is really important. 

Getting my quarterly cancer tests next week, and going to Salt Lake City for more advice.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I feel like I'm in a time warp.  @MuppetOverlord, where have you been for so long??  Good to see you again.  

@CMGragain, I'm gad you were able to find someone willing to listen to you.  Good luck with the upcoming tests

• Options
    I'm sorry they were painful memories but thank you for sharing. Fascinating story! 

I will send positive vibes for your tests trip. 
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm in a time warp.  @MuppetOverlord, where have you been for so long??  Good to see you again.  

@CMGragain, I'm gad you were able to find someone willing to listen to you.  Good luck with the upcoming tests
    I've been in the woodwork, adulting and stuff. I came out for a little visit. How are you?  Hey, does memory serve me, was it you who did the dissertation on NH accents? 
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm doing well, thanks.  I'm finishing up my Masters, but not on accents.  Looking at mental health in schools through PE stuff.  You planning on sticking around again, or is this just a visit?

• Options
    I gotta remember who's wrote that paper. I want to read it lol.  

Congrats on your master's!!

Prob. just visiting a little. 
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards