Wedding Woes
Options

Help me. Design Question.

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2016 in Wedding Woes
I thought eventually I would have lived in my space long enough, I would figure this out. I have not.

My apartment is really weird shaped.  Somewhat accurate picture below (big black box represents washer/dryer closet and water heater closet).  I can't figure out where to put my TV/couch combo down that it won't be horrible.  The best I've come up with right is is to put the TV on the east wall, couch in middle and then set up a seating area behind the couch...but they you walk in between TV/couch to get to my bedroom from kitchen.  Which is okay, but not the best for blind me.  And a weird open space on the diagonal wall running from S to W

Ideas?  I'd like to have at least one couch, maybe a few chairs, rug, coffee table, TV which is on a smaller entertainment counter piece.

Re: Help me. Design Question.

• Options

could you possibly create a triangle with your tv couch and an accent chair using the S/W diagonal as the TV wall.  This way you can walk around behind the couch and chair(s) etc and maintain a straight run from kitchen to bedroom??  Maybe place a sofa table along the east wall (either behind the couch or on the wall itself)?  Without dimensions it is hard to say if this would fit at all, but hey its a suggestion!

Also I agree that spacing is strange and probably a real pain.   

• Options
    Would something like this work?

It's tough to tell without seeing the scale of the space, but that was my immediate idea.

Apologies for the crummy Microsoft Paint rendering.

Thanks for drawing out what I was referring to...my paint skills are WAY too bad to have even attempted what you did!
  • Options
    I second (or third?) @SaintPaulGal and @cowgirl8238! Would something like that work?

• Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Or an L shaped sectional opposite the TV on the wall.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    The one you painted is kind of what I was thinking.  I'm worried (and it doesn't show b/c I couldn't draw to dimensions either) is the flow from the front door with that arrangement.  I might just have to suck it up though.

I've also considered a sectional on that diagonal south wall and then the TV opposite.  I can wall mount mine.  

For OG WWers, I've contacted alikat and she's going to help me.  I'm measuring out everything next weekend and sending it to her.  Starting over from scratch at 40 isn't as much fun as it was when I was early 20s starting out in my new apartment.  I think now it's b/c you just want shit done and to not bother with it.  :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards