Wedding Woes

FriYay!

So I asked yesterday about what card everyone liked, today I'll AW my new car! 

Re: FriYay!

• edited July 2016
    Yesterday was less of a flop towards the end.
    I had a mini meltdown after FH drank the last beer. All I want after sitting in traffic for 40+ minutes in my hot car is one cold, refreshing, adult beverage. I had been looking forward to it all day and it wasn't there.

But my lesson went really well. I got to ride a new horse. One I have been wanting to ride since I firat saw him. He is tall, dark, and handsome. They have me ride ponies a lot since I am small so I was thrilled to ride a "real" horse.

After I got home, FH and I had a good discussion about the move. I feel better about certain aspects now that he explained them to me. He is leaving today for a conference, his new VP is going to be there too, so they are going together. Fingers crossed he will be able to get time off in Oct and we can just have the wedding as planned.

Eta: Love that car @charlotte989875!

E(again)ta: We got our catering proposal back last night and it is all under budget so Yay!!

• Cute, Charlotte!

My car had a dent in it that was getting fixed so we picked that up last night. $460 for my dumbass driving it in to the damn garage.

I'm grounded this weekend. Need to really bust ass looking for a new job and deep clean the house.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm making dinner for a friend that just had a baby. OODLES of work.  I need to do some appointment making for myself and the kids.  I also need to beg the pedi to refill a script because I can't get 6let into the ENT in time.  I'm also waiting for soccer schedules to come out so I can get our fall schedule done.

M2 has a playdate tonight, a bday party tomorrow, and another Sunday.  My 5 yo has a better social life than I do.
  • @6fsn I must need more coffee. It took much longer than it should have to process that you were not getting your child's drugs from your pedicurist.
    So glad I'm not the only who read it that way. 
  • I spent last night choreographing the "princess" number for K's final production number.  Then I discovered that I can no longer sing and choreographed dance at the same time.  I was also suddenly switching from leading with right on everything to left, so I'm going to blame it on that.  

We'll choreograph 2 more dances this weekend, solo dance, and then full run through on Monday (11 people on stage, blerg), for final competition this Tuesday.  K had better win this freaking thing.  In good news, I have an amazing dress to wear, so that's fun.

Other than that, not too much going on.  I"m taking Monday off, originally for fun, now for dance work.  My feet are aching!
  • Oooooh, @charlotte989875 that is a sexy looking car!!! Congrats!

I just finished up all my deadlines for the week (hooray!) and for the first time since June I have a very leisurely afternoon in the office, which I am going to savor by shopping online and knotting. :)

This weekend H & I have no official plans. It's supposed to rain Sunday, so tomorrow I might tackle the weeds in our back gardens. Sunday we might go see Finding Dory, which I am so excited about.
  • I am avoiding work. Now that I know I'm quitting, my motivation is at an all time low. I'm trying to be a good employee though. This weekend we have the uniform sale for DS's school and I need to buy him a new sweater and polo shirts. Sunday is a birthday party for my nephew. DH and I have been sick this week so we need to catch up on the chores we didn't do this week as a result. Nice car by the way!
  • @PMeg819 - Is your new job in the same profession?   I've always wondered if one day you would be assigned to a study at our site.

• Congrats @charlotte989875 !

If Wooz can finish cleaning her room, we'll start painting this weekend.  She has settled on pale aqua for her room and lavender for her closet. 

Next weekend is pretty busy, so we're trying not to schedule too much this weekend.  (Next weekend DS has a birthday party, DD has a play date, and I'm going to look after my mom post-chemo.)  We leave for the beach three weeks from today, not that I'm counting or anything.

My brother is planning to break the news to our mom about getting married, converting, and moving to the UK, so I'll have to keep my phone close at hand.  I expect to hear from both of them, repeatedly.

Finishing my lunch so I can go work out.  I've been good about keeping to my schedule, but I'm up 2.5 lbs.  And I can't exactly blame it on muscle, because I don't think 35 min 3x a week on the elliptical has done much of anything for my muscle mass.  Baby steps.  Anyway, it gets me out of the office and lets me watch Bojack Horseman in the middle of the work day, so that alone makes it a win.
  • Heffalump said:
    Congrats @charlotte989875 !

If Wooz can finish cleaning her room, we'll start painting this weekend.  She has settled on pale aqua for her room and lavender for her closet. 

Next weekend is pretty busy, so we're trying not to schedule too much this weekend.  (Next weekend DS has a birthday party, DD has a play date, and I'm going to look after my mom post-chemo.)  We leave for the beach three weeks from today, not that I'm counting or anything.

My brother is planning to break the news to our mom about getting married, converting, and moving to the UK, so I'll have to keep my phone close at hand.  I expect to hear from both of them, repeatedly.

Finishing my lunch so I can go work out.  I've been good about keeping to my schedule, but I'm up 2.5 lbs.  And I can't exactly blame it on muscle, because I don't think 35 min 3x a week on the elliptical has done much of anything for my muscle mass.  Baby steps.  Anyway, it gets me out of the office and lets me watch Bojack Horseman in the middle of the work day, so that alone makes it a win.
    I totally read that as you were marrying your brother at first. I need more caffeine.
  • I have a question about working out. I have an elliptical and need to get off my ass.

Do you guys know if it's better to do a jogging pace for longer or shorter time but more of a sprint pace?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I have a question about working out. I have an elliptical and need to get off my ass.

Do you guys know if it's better to do a jogging pace for longer or shorter time but more of a sprint pace?

Intervals. Mix it up. Get the heart rate up for a minute, then let it get back down for 3, repeat.

Intervals. Mix it up. Get the heart rate up for a minute, then let it get back down for 3, repeat.

Thanks! I feel more motivated to work out if I know I might eventually see a result. LOL. Although I did do a pushup or two and I still have that armpit fat flap thing.
  • edited July 2016
    @Heffalump your brother doesn't do things by halfs! Where is he moving to in the UK?

@PMeg819 the last time I left a job I had a brutal 3month notice period, during which they replaced me but wouldn't let me go either. I sat and read a full blog about a woman who was rereading all of the Sweet Valley High books and recapping them. It was, and still is, the most fulfilling part of my career to date!

I have a dinner with my netball team tonight at the new turkish restaurant down the road. I can't wait as turkish is my fave. Then rest of the weekend will be finishing up the invitations. I just can't decide what really, truly necessary bits of information I need to have on a guest information card? I'd as soon just have the wedding website but I don't think that would fly for my elderly relatives.

Also, this bloody hot and dry weather has just about killed my garden. I was doing so well!

• MNNE, yes. Very unlikely I'll be at your site as I'm going to have all local (to me) sites. Plus, I'm working in strictly diabetes/endocrinology. I'm not thrilled about diabetes, but it's a great company/position that's better matched to my skill set. So that does make me happy!
  • @Heffalump your brother doesn't do things by halfs! Where is he moving to in the UK?
    His girlfriend fiancee lives in King's Lynn now and his company has an office there (they met through work), so that general area.
  • @PMeg819, it'll be great for you to be local.  Seems like many companies are going more regional now.  I'm sure it saves on travel expenses.  Best wishes on your new position!
  • I booked us international flights for my fi's birthday in October!  

He is turning 30 and hasn't made it out of the country yet.  I'm a huge travel buff, so I decided I would take him somewhere I've never been so we could discover together.  I've been watching flights for about a month and a half now, and I finally found a rockin' deal: $409 per person to Bogota, Columbia on American.  I couldn't be more thrilled! (Except for the fact that my claustrophobia has suddenly started to be triggered by flying, despite loving to fly dozens and dozens of times since I was a little kid...but that's neither here nor there.)

It's even more fun because it's a surprise!  He knows what days to take off work but I won't tell him where we are actually going until right before we leave.  I love talking things through with him and I am mildly bad at secrets, so this is going to be a (fun) challenge.
  • Oh, and @charlotte989875, my fi has that car and we love it so much!  (Ford Fusion, right?)

He is turning 30 and hasn't made it out of the country yet.  I'm a huge travel buff, so I decided I would take him somewhere I've never been so we could discover together.  I've been watching flights for about a month and a half now, and I finally found a rockin' deal: $409 per person to Bogota, Columbia on American.  I couldn't be more thrilled! (Except for the fact that my claustrophobia has suddenly started to be triggered by flying, despite loving to fly dozens and dozens of times since I was a little kid...but that's neither here nor there.)

It's even more fun because it's a surprise!  He knows what days to take off work but I won't tell him where we are actually going until right before we leave.  I love talking things through with him and I am mildly bad at secrets, so this is going to be a (fun) challenge.
    Colombia**
    let me know if you want any recs- my family is from there and my sister has been living for the last 5 years so we have a whole word doc of things we recommend when friends come visit :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Oh, and @charlotte989875, my fi has that car and we love it so much!  (Ford Fusion, right?)
    Yes! So glad to hear you like it. All the reviews I read were great and I love the phone sync. Plus it looks pretty cool. 

Thanks everyone, I've had a great seat driving her around. Also, her name is Fiona the Fusion. 

Colombia**
    let me know if you want any recs- my family is from there and my sister has been living for the last 5 years so we have a whole word doc of things we recommend when friends come visit :)
    D'oh!  I totally know better, too.  South American country =/= my fleecy jacket.  
    I would absolutely love some recommendations!  When I travel my priority is to experience the unique local culture.  We also love tasty food and good cocktails.  I literally decided about 3 hours ago to book this, so I'm a totally blank slate at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards