Wedding Woes

Let's share our pet peeves

Re: Let's share our pet peeves

• CMGragain said:
    Smokers who throw their butts out the window while driving.  The world is not your ashtray, especially during high fir alert season.
    People driving while on their cell phones.
    People texting and driving.
    On the flip side of this, people who don't mind their damn business. I drive 22.000 plus miles a year for work, and on a handful of occasions I have been yelled at for "being on my phone" when it's my GPS, which is way safer in my hand then a printed mapquest. 
    Are you holding your phone next to your ear and talking to it?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • When you (the female) are in charge/taking the lead on a project and men you're trying to deal with continually direct their attention/questions/responses/interactions to the other men in the room (even though you clearly are leading everything). And then have the nerve to make asinine comments to you, like, [points to pipe clearly labeled "hot water"], "This is the hot water inlet pipe."

Thanks.  My boobs were totally getting in the way of my brain.
    I hate that! Our unit is primarily female, but the social workers (regardless of gender) are more likely to listen to the men than to us women. They'll ask me a question, and if they don't like the answer, they'll go to one of the men, who will tell them I was right and say the exact same thing. Grrrr.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    DH works out 3-4 days a week, at home, and it takes him 2-3 hours (which annoys me to no end, as I work out the same amount of days, but my workouts are 30-45 min, maybe an hour from time to time).  Now he wants to join a gym.  I don't want him to as he wants to go work out in the late afternoon/early evening...so right as I'm getting off work, the kids are getting home from school, homework needs to be done, dinner needs to be made, etc. He sleeps all day due to his work schedule and he usually tries to nap after dinner.  So he's going to be even more fucking worthless to me now that he's going to be gone for 2.5-3.5 hours 4x a week and coming home tired from maxing out at the gym.  He doesn't understand that it's not that I don't want him to workout or even the cost of the gym...It's the cost of time.   

We've been having the same argument for a few months about how he's scheduling himself and his time because the selling point of the 3rd shift was how he'd be home more and able to help out.  Well, I'm not fucking seeing the help.  And on the weekends, we either have shit going on OR he wants to do a project.  So I'm *still* stuck inside doing all the routine housework by myself.  I mean, I get the kids to help...but still, the majority of it is my responsibility. 

His argument is that after bedtime, I have "3 hours to sit around and watch TV and be online."  Uh yeah, but who pays the bills (online), schedules appointments, worries about family management, and does the grocery shopping (any where from 3-6 hours of my weekend).  So leisure time evens out in the wash.  Ugh.  I want to get past this, but I feel like I can't find the right way to explain to him that I need *more* compromise from him (like no 3 hour workouts or naps after dinner). 
    We went through something similar last spring when H was training for a competition. He was going to the gym every night for his MMA class but then started going in early, staying late and scheduling workouts Saturday and Sunday evenings. So he'd be gone from like 5-9 every night during the week and then evenings Saturday and Sunday. I would have no idea when he'd come home, if we were having dinne together or what. He also hunts all the time in the fall so it wasn't like it was just for a few weeks during training. 

I got to the point where I was so frustrated. I never saw him. We had a big discussion about it and he took on more stuff at home. I just felt like I was asking him (repeatedly) to spend more time with me/at home and I really hated feeling like I was in a position where I had to ask for that. 

Up until midway through being PG with DS I was a competitive lifter, but not just in the gym, I was Elite on an International platform level competitive lifter and ranked #2 in my weight class.  I only trained 2-hours per day 3x/week then cardio T/Th and off on weekends for recovery.  Why was it that limited - because Babysitting at the gym is only two hours max per day.  That might be your negotiating point with the gym is that he's got to take the kids along (to keep him on a schedule)...  Was it ideal to be limited to the 2-hours some days, absolutely not, but I found a way to make it work and I was training with a crew who relied on me to be there those 2-hrs MWF...

There is a way to get it worked out in the schedule!  Now I go out to our garage and train in the evenings solo, but only because I'm not there physically to be training back with the crew.

• @debbeau omg. That infuriates me for you!!!!!! Also I am so sorry for your loss. 

Poor DH. I am on a roll lately. Another pet peeve is putting things away where they don't belong just for the sake of having them put away. This is DH's favorite thing to do. He can't stand clutter, and I admittedly can be kind of messy, but instead of asking me where something goes he just puts it in some random drawer, closet, bag, etc. and then I can't find it. There is no rhyme or reason. He will put things anywhere. He moved some of my clothes that were sitting on the dresser to the basement the other day just so he wouldn't have to see them sitting out. Ugh. 

Another one is people who make careless errors at work, well, because they aren't paying attention. Or don't care. Or aren't thorough. I am extremely detail oriented and I can be pretty meticulous at work, and it irritates the shit out of me when other people don't put in the same effort. 

• @debbeau omg. That infuriates me for you!!!!!! Also I am so sorry for your loss. 

Poor DH. I am on a roll lately. Another pet peeve is putting things away where they don't belong just for the sake of having them put away. This is DH's favorite thing to do. He can't stand clutter, and I admittedly can be kind of messy, but instead of asking me where something goes he just puts it in some random drawer, closet, bag, etc. and then I can't find it. There is no rhyme or reason. He will put things anywhere. He moved some of my clothes that were sitting on the dresser to the basement the other day just so he wouldn't have to see them sitting out. Ugh. 

Another one is people who make careless errors at work, well, because they aren't paying attention. Or don't care. Or aren't thorough. I am extremely detail oriented and I can be pretty meticulous at work, and it irritates the shit out of me when other people don't put in the same effort. 

I have been missing my amber bead necklace for almost two years because of this.  I think it is somewhere in the kitchen, or possibly, the storage room.  Value = $1000 plus.  :/
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • And I just got ANOTHER fucking person hitting me up for MLM shit.  Grrr.  

• "And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• "Pepper your emails with exclamation marks and emojis so you don't across as too clear or direct.  Your lack of efficient communication will make you seem more approachable."  LOL

SaveSave
  • monkeysip said:
    "Pepper your emails with exclamation marks and emojis so you don't across as too clear or direct.  Your lack of efficient communication will make you seem more approachable."  LOL
    I had a syllabus during one of my first classes that explained that we should use emojis in correspondence with our professors to avoid confusion. No one could understand when I brought it up, why it's not a good idea to tell college students that emojis are appropriate in professional correspondence. That should have been enough to make me question my decision to go there. 
  • monkeysip said:
    "Pepper your emails with exclamation marks and emojis so you don't across as too clear or direct.  Your lack of efficient communication will make you seem more approachable."  LOL
    Thank God for #9, I just added a framed photo of FI and myself in our Curious Traveler mustaches.  I'll have to make sure I hold meetings in my cube.

My biggest pet peeve at work are the qualifying questions, you know, just to make sure my considerable boob mass hasn't take away brain matter.  I get asked challenging things like "where is the engine?"  Or being expected to take notes, or walk the customer in and out of the building.  

• CMGragain said:
    Smokers who throw their butts out the window while driving.  The world is not your ashtray, especially during high fir alert season.
    On the flip side of this, people who don't mind their damn business. I drive 22.000 plus miles a year for work, and on a handful of occasions I have been yelled at for "being on my phone" when it's my GPS, which is way safer in my hand then a printed mapquest. 
    It's illegal in Canada to be even touching your phone while driving.
  • When I put aside wings so no one will touch them for my lunch today, and last night my H got high {not the issue} and ATE ALL THE FUCKING WINGS!!!

So obv when I saw this I woke his ass up to reem him out.

Me: you ate all the fucking wings
    H: yeh ... so?
    Me: DID YOU NOT FUCKING SEE THEY WERE AT THE BACK OF THE FRIDGE!? I was really looking forward to having them for lunch!
    H: I didn't realize
    Me: DON'T FUCKING CARE. *storms away*
    H: For what it's worth, I'm sorry!

URG! Mondayest Tuesday ever.
  • CMGragain said:
    A cop could get you here in CT for it too.   You're not supposed to touch your phone.   You may be able to make a case for it as a GPS but in dash mounts are so cheap it's not really an excuse to say you had to hold it.   If tons of people are bringing that to your attention is it possible that your driving looks more affected than you think?
  • banana468 said:
    CMGragain said:
    A cop could get you here in CT for it too.   You're not supposed to touch your phone.   You may be able to make a case for it as a GPS but in dash mounts are so cheap it's not really an excuse to say you had to hold it.   If tons of people are bringing that to your attention is it possible that your driving looks more affected than you think?
    You're okay for GPS here as long as you're not typing or swiping the screen while you drive.  I appreciate the concern, I sign a contract that I won't use my phone illegally while driving or risk losing my job.  I'm very safe. My annoyance is that people just assume phone=texting, even if you're not typing.  

It's been a handful of incidents over 6 years.  One time I literally picked up my phone while stopped at a red light to look at the GPS and was honked at by the guy next to me.  That guy probably spent more time trying to figure out what I was doing and was therefore more distracted than I was.
  • When people share this shit on Facebook when it is clearly from a fantasy news website:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • banana468 said:
    CMGragain said:
    You're okay for GPS here as long as you're not typing or swiping the screen while you drive.  I appreciate the concern, I sign a contract that I won't use my phone illegally while driving or risk losing my job.  I'm very safe. My annoyance is that people just assume phone=texting, even if you're not typing.  

It's been a handful of incidents over 6 years.  One time I literally picked up my phone while stopped at a red light to look at the GPS and was honked at by the guy next to me.  That guy probably spent more time trying to figure out what I was doing and was therefore more distracted than I was.
    OK - that makes sense.

I had a local on a different board say that her DH was slapped with a ticket for using his phone and basically the deal was 'it's in your hand so you're SOL'.   
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    CMGragain said:

OK - that makes sense.

I had a local on a different board say that her DH was slapped with a ticket for using his phone and basically the deal was 'it's in your hand so you're SOL'.   
    Yeah I have a whole different rant for how ridiculous these laws can be, and how their only real purpose is to increase ticket revenue but that's another day and time. 
  • People (looking at you, FI) who leave their shoes in the middle of the floor, less than 2 feet from the xloset where they belong.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • People (looking at you, FI) who leave their shoes in the middle of the floor, less than 2 feet from the xloset where they belong.
    <meekly raises hand while looking apologetic>
    Me too.  But H and I both do it, so we can't be mad at each other for it.  Although, he's far less likely to stub his toe on my little cloth flats than I am on his big doc martens.

SaveSave
  • monkeysip said:
    People (looking at you, FI) who leave their shoes in the middle of the floor, less than 2 feet from the xloset where they belong.
    Me too.  But H and I both do it, so we can't be mad at each other for it.  Although, he's far less likely to stub his toe on my little cloth flats than I am on his big doc martens.
    I wouldn't care so much, except that it's his workboots.  Always the boots. I end up tripping trying to carry the baby to bed.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2016
    I am peeved that work has transitioned us to this new e-mail system with half-baked processes (that we're muddling through and trying to share best practices with each other while realizing we are hip deep in work and the numbers are climbing) and then we got an e-mail yesterday that we're taking on new stuff in September.  It's like, 'slow the fuck down!'  

I did get invited to a 'focus group' later this month.   That will be worth a day in the office.  ;) 
  • At a concert last year, the woman in front of me stood on her seat three times to take pictures with her friends. Right in fucking front of me. First time, fine. I know that everyone needs to take pictures of fucking everything all the time. Second time, annoying. Third time, I politely (LOL) told her she was not the only person there. And she got pissy with me.

Last year this guy sat in front of us at a concert and we had to ask him TWICE to take off his hat. It was an acoustic concert, Vince Gill and Lyle Lovett, just the two of them on stage, so the hat was blocking the ENTIRE performance, not like we could see parts of it, we couldn't see anything at all. Fucking asshole.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • When people block intersections. Particularly, the intersection into my neighborhood. There is a sign and a giant X painted on the ground. It is the only way in or out and besides being a PIA for me it is a safety hazard. What if an ambulance needed to get in but couldn't b/c jackass couldn't be bothered to leave 20 ft between them and the car in front of them.
  • I realize mine were shopping carts left around everywhere.  People walking slowly through the grocery store, side by side, taking up the aisle and leave no room for me to walk around them.  And yes to a check out lane opening and the person who was waiting the least amount of time getting in first.

So basically, my pet peeve is grocery shopping. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards