Not Engaged Yet
Options

Will the real Friday please stand up?

Wow! I'm actually starting a daily thread. Never thought that would happen. If any one is around, tell me your weekend plans!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Will the real Friday please stand up?

• Options
    @beachyone15 Pina Colada sangria?  Is it frozen? Cause that sounds like an awesome summer drink. What is tax free weekend?
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - It's not frozen but looks delicious -
    http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47214/pina-colada-sangria-recipe/

We have tax-free weekend once a year, right before kids go back to school. So people can buy their kids school supplies and clothes free of tax. It sounds like a good idea initially until you realize you're only saving a few bucks and the hassle of the crowds at the mall/Target/everywhere else is just not worth it.

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    I was going to start another thread but, I'll just post it here since it's a slow day anyway:

The discussion of real estate in different areas made me wonder about other things:
    How much does gas cost by you? (car)
    What is your sales tax?
    How much does a bottle of wine cost?
    When referring to more than 1 person, what do you call them?
    What is something you eat that is only available in your state?
    Grocery store, food shopping, or something else?
  • Options
    @speakeasy14  when you say gas, do you mean vehicle or home heating?
  • Options
    How much does gas cost by you? $2.19

What is your sales tax? 6%

How much does a bottle of wine cost? Between $8-20 for the cheaper bottles

When referring to more than 1 person, what do you call them? you all 

What is something you eat that is only available in your state? Dippy Eggs -- it's basically eggs over easy, but looks like this:

Grocery store, food shopping, or something else? Both, depends which comes to mind first.  Also we use shopping carts. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14  when you say gas, do you mean vehicle or home heating?
    Car
  • Options
    I'll respond to other posts after, I'm just going through morning stuff first!

Not much yesterday. Did groceries. Matt ended up meeting me later because he had to stop home from feeling sick.
    I'm really good at this grocery business lol we've been under budget past few times :)

On our way home, the plan was to stop at my bank also but I felt sick so I just went home and showered and rested.

This weekend isn't a huge amount of stuff. Saturday we're going to the shooting range, so I'll likely post a few photos from that lol that night Matt is going to a football game with his step-dad, so I'll prob see if my mum is free if I'm not too tired.

Sunday is more packing -.-' *sigh* 
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Tell me more about this brownie trifle.

• Options
    How much does gas cost by you? I think last time I filled up was about $1.80 or $1.90/gallon.

What is your sales tax?
    8.25%

I got a $6 bottle the other night. But you can get a decent one for about $12-18.

72 oz. steak (I don't eat this personally!!!)

HEB.

• Options
    How much does gas cost by you? (car)
    $0.99/litre
    What is your sales tax?
    Uhm .... well we pay HST/GST where I live and that's 13%
    Depends on the wine. I like a more fruity wine, that costs $12-ish. Matt gets his mum a red wine and that's more like $20 {max}
    Depends. Examples:
    "They" are doing something
    "Those" people are doing X thing
    What are you "guys" doing
    Beavertails lol Before you think I'm super gross, it's a pastry.
    I enjoy the cinnamon and brown sugar one, Matt likes the garlic bread one.

Grocery shopping/groceries
  • Options
    @labro  that's a huge difference! Hopefully you can use the other quote to negotiate with them. I think I missed a previous post, but what is the quote to get done? Btw is your bathroom completely done?
  • Options
    How much does gas cost by you? (car) I think I've been paying around $1.99 on average but I definitely saw $1.79 somewhere the other day.
    What is your sales tax? State tax is 5% and I pay an additional county tax of 2%, in Atlanta you pay around 8% total sales tax. We pay a much lower sales tax on food though.
    How much does a bottle of wine cost? I can get a bottle of three buck chuck just about anywhere. On average you find a lot of bottles for sale in the $8 to $20 range though.
    When referring to more than 1 person, what do you call them? Depends on my audience and how I feel, sometimes y'all, sometimes guys, sometimes you all. I'm just a fucked up hybrid and my phrases are all over the place.
    What is something you eat that is only available in your state? I dunno??? I think a lot of our state/regional specialties you can get just about anywhere but they are better here. Stuff like chicken and waffles, grits, sweet tea, etc.
    Grocery store, food shopping, or something else? Grocery store.

• Options
    @beachyone15 We went into HEB when we were in Texas.  OMG it's like a grocery store paradise! The only thing we have remotely close to one is a Walmart Supercenter, and even that doesn't compare. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - Seriously. It's the only place we shop. Good prices and seems cleaner/food is fresher than Walmart IMO. Plus HEB's own brand of stuff is pretty good too.

@labro - That's tough. I'd definitely see if the company you like can come down a little. I think using the other quote might help.

• Options
    @labro that is a tough decision, hopefully the references make it an easier decision.  And that the more expensive place is willing to budge.  I can't wait to see it when it's done though!  -- And yeah, it's like soft boiled meets over easy.  It's more a western PA thing.  I've personally never had it, but it's a huge deal here. 

Everyone's gas prices are making me sad.  We stopped in NJ on the way home Wednesday because it was $1.86 a gallon there... seriously we live right at the border line of PA & NJ and it is a $0.30 difference! 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I really need to take a before picture because the front looks pretty poopy right now. H has been filling in all the gaps between the siding boards with caulking to keep the water out and he hasn't painted over all the caulking so we seriously look pretty white trashy.

End of the day though it won't be a HUGE difference lookswise I think. We're sticking with the same color scheme after we get the Hardie plank installed. The only difference is the siding we have right now has a beaded edge and we aren't getting the same thing with the Hardie...just the plain cedar milled stuff.

• Options
    Just for conversion sake because of gas prices

1 litre = 0.264172 liquid gallon
  • Options
    @speakeasy14, have fun dog-sitting!

@beachyone15, thanks for the recipe for your pina colada sangria.

@southernpeach89, happy birthday to your DH!

How much does gas cost by you? (car) $1.99
    What is your sales tax? 6.75%
    How much does a bottle of wine cost? Generally less than $20
    When referring to more than 1 person, what do you call them? You
    What is something you eat that is only available in your state? You can get all these elsewhere, but: hot dish, knoephla, walleye (fried), rommegrot.
    Grocery store, food shopping, or something else? Grocery shopping.

Tonight depends on when H gets done with class. Either gaming or hanging out at home watching Olympics opening ceremonies.

Tomorrow and Sunday look very similar - housework and Olympics. I am waging a war against dirt and clutter.
  • Options

@speakeasy14 – I hope you have a lovely time in upstate NY! In Book of Mormon, they call it “a small village, known as Oopstate New York”. I still have no internet, so I tried watching individual Fallon clips on YouTube last night, but none of them showed the audience, so…………. This sucks.

@beachyone15 – Omg, pina colada sangria sounds insanely delicious!

@MissKittyDanger – Beaver tails look delicious!! I wonder if they’re the same kind of batter for elephant ears? Do you guys have those?

-------------------------------

I have no weekend plans. BF will be up late and out of town tonight, so I'll probably go to bed early then get up and read Trust No One for a few hours in the morning. My yard waste bin is full, so I don't think I'll do much more in the yard this weekend. I don't know what I'll do with myself!

How much does gas cost by you? (car) $2.30-ish/gallon

What is your sales tax? In Washington, 8.4%. But I can drive across the border, 20 minutes, and it's 0%. So that's where I get furniture and such.

How much does a bottle of wine cost? You can find the $7-8 bottles, but I shoot for semi-cheap for $15-20.

When referring to more than 1 person, what do you call them? " You guys." When I'm typing I'll sometimes say y'all because it's faster.

What is something you eat that is only available in your state? I'm not sure we have anything like this.

Grocery store, food shopping, or something else? Going to the grocery store.

• Options
    @AlPacina - I thought VooDoo Doughnuts was a Portland thing, and then I heard from someone that they opened a location in Austin recently.

• Options
    @AlPacina We don't so I had to google and came up 2 things, but if you mean deep fried elephant ears - they look similar :)
    If you mean the cookie version, not the same and we call those 'butterfly cookies'
  • Options
    @AlPacina eh you couldn't see us.  The only time they showed the audience it was the people in the front.  Any wide shots everyone was blurred.  We'll see if there's a clearer shot tonight. 
  • Options
    @TwoDimes Come prepared with mimosa fixin's so you can start the drinking early! I hope your niece has an awesome first birthday!!

• Options
    @twodimes good luck this weekend! 

@beachyone15 I went to Voodoo in Austin! That's where we saw the Cock & Balls donut hahaha
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I had to say three buck chuck because I can't find wine cheaper than $2.99 a bottle anymore. :( We also get fuel points savings! But the most I've ever gotten off was 40 cents a gallon...I don't think I've ever paid below a dollar in my life!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards