Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thank you cards for joint gift?

drglitterdrglitter member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2016 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
My wedding shower was this weekend.

I received two joint gifts.

The givers of these joint gifts all live separately. I should send separate thank you cards to each of them, right?

And on a related note, one of the gift givers for each gift didn't attend the shower. In their thank you note, is it appropriate to say that I missed seeing them there, or does that make it sound like I'm guilting them for not coming?

Thanks!

Edited to fix a typo 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thank you cards for joint gift?

• Options
    1.  I sent separate thank you cards mentioning the same gift in each.  Eg dear uncle, thank you for the beautiful gift of the Denby China etc etc.  Dear cousin, thank you for the beautiful gift of the Denby China (made the note a bit different) etc etc.

2.  I wouldn't mention the fact they were not there, just think them for the gift.  
  • Options
    Agree with @ScottishSarah. I've always liked the phrase, "Thank you for thinking of me!"
  • Options
    If you want to do so, I think it is fine to say you missed them. Your shower guests should have been your closest friends/family so of course you would've missed them. Yes, you should send separate notes to each person who participated in giving the gift.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards