Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Questions

My life is too boring to talk about. Last night I hung out at my mom's for a little and drank wine with her and ate cheese and apple slices. Then we went home, called the ILs and invited them for Thanksgiving which is still TBD. Seriously, just beyond exciting... I think the best BEST part of my day was when @southernpeach89 sent me a video of Callie walking and giggling! It was the best!!!!

1. Tell me about someone you really admire.

2. What are your five most favorite foods?

3. When was the last time you lied, and why?

4. What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?

5. What do you miss most about your childhood?

Re: Tuesday Questions

• @labro I lurked yesterday and I'm so jealous of your trip to Milwaukee. What a great price!! 

• Awwww @labro You just gave me all the feels. It's all extremely hard but so so so worth it times a million. I wouldn't change what we are doing right now for anything because it's all going towards greater and better things.
  • jenna8984 said:
    Um I have no idea. I guess anyone who has like 3+ kids because this shit is hard and exhausting with just one lol 

Rare steak, sushi/salmon sashimi, extra dark chocolate, lobster/lobster roll sandwich, popcorn 

Last weekend when I dipped out of a 1 years old birthday party without saying bye. I texted the host that Eli was being fussy and I couldn't find her to say goodbye. Really he was being fine, I just wanted to get the hell out of there. 

This mom thing !!! 

Being on the lake (parents sold that house) and just being together for dinners and football games and holidays. Now that my parents moved away, I wish we could just pop over for Sunday dinner. 
    I second all the bolded things lol. Motherhood is HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look at moms with multiples and those moms who have twins...omg omg omg I would constantly be crying. I don't know how they do it but then we all say well maybe we will have another and then we do and it's even harder but still so amazing. Our kids are such amazing creatures.
  • @beachyone15 Ughhh, why is life so boring for us both lately?? We need more exciting things!

Letting go of a committed relationship is SO hard. Even when you know it's bad, it's tough to walk away from something you've put so  much time and emotion into.

How could I forget mac n cheese?????

@jenna8984 Thanks!! I am so excited to see @minskat30 and @TwoDimes and get all the baby and puppy snuggles!!! Cinders is going to be beyond jealous when I get home.

• TwoDimes said:
    My mom, for a lot of same the reasons @labro described @southernpeach89. My mom worked full time when we were growing up, and yet she still had time to keep a clean house and spend quality time with us. My mom is so generous and kind, and honestly one of the best people I know. She is always willing to help out anyone, even though she probably has a lot more on her plate than most. 

Pasta
    Ice Cream
    Popcorn
    Tomatoes
    spinach artichoke dip

Last night when I told H it was his turn to take Indy out. Spoiler alert: it was my turn. ;)

Probably just getting through my senior year of high school. It was a really rough year, emotionally. The summer before my senior year, my dad had a massive stroke that changed the course of his life (and all our of my family's lives, really). Originally the doctors thought he wouldn't make it, but he was a survivor. He was in the hospital for the better part of that year, learning to do everything again: walk, talk, eat, drink, dress himself, etc. Because of his limitations, he was forced to retire early, and I was wondering how in the hell I would be able to afford to go to college. (Up until then, I was one of the privileged few whose parents would pay her way through college.) So I worked my butt off my senior year, got perfect grades, applied for every scholarship I could find, and spent every day after school doing my homework and studying in my dad's hospital room. I ended up earning a full ride to my school of choice, and by then, my dad was recovering at home. He took the phone call and was the one to tell me about the scholarship. There were a lot of tears that night!

Not worrying about money. I don't necessarily worry about money, per se, but it's definitely on the back of my mind at all times, and influences a lot of what I do. I miss the days of being able to just buy a new pair of shoes or book a vacation without feeling a twinge of guilt that it's over budget.
    HOW RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @twodimes wow what a stressful senior year you had. You shove so proud of yourself for handling it as well as you did. I'd probably have gone the other way and became an alcoholic to be honest lol 

@beachyone15 I was going to say that, before the mom thing, the hardest thing I did was leave my boyfriend in AZ to move back to MA. I constantly questioned if it was right and if I'd ever find someone like him. Clearly I did but it was a rough time. 

@southernpeach89 I'm actually surprised to learn that I have more patience than I ever thought I had. And H has less than I thought he had unfortunately. 

• @TwoDimes Your senior year story is SUCH an inspiration. I totally effed up my entire last year of high school. I was basically the worst.

• Questions are too hard today because the air conditioner is not working at the house and the tech doesn't come out until tomorrow. Thank God for the portable A/C we kept from H's apartment that we can deploy upstairs tonight ... joys of home ownership.

And the semester starts in less than a week. Teaching prep ramped up.
  • @KeptInStitches UGH!! That's so unfair!!! Home ownership can be awesome sometimes...but then all it takes is flooding and a broken A/C to ruin everything! I'm sorry and I hope you get it fixed soon!

• @TwoDimes I kicked ass in hs too up until my senior year when I basically just quit doing anything at all. I'm honestly lucky I still graduated with above a B average lol. Then the trend continued into freshman year of college and some real serious shit happened and I got my act together. The fact that I still finished in 4 years with a double major, above a 3.0 average, AND on the Dean's List for the last year and a half of school is probably a miracle.

• @speakeasy14 - Oh really? You want to be fed and changed? I never realized how lazy you truly were underneath it all. ;) ........... I can't believe your brother was under two pounds! That is an amazing story, my heart is broken for you mother going through that at the time, but I am so glad he made it through!

One more note........... Is that the cucumber intern?

• @AlPacina LOL I think your lie is my favorite so far! I'd totally lie to keep my candy too.

@minskat30 Seriously, every time I read a story about your grandma I just admire her even more. She was truly an extraordinary person.

• @alpacina, I haven't done any dance classes in about 2-3 years now.
    @speakeasy14 thank you for sharing the story of your mom and brother.  

Anniversary

• @alpacina yes, I am that lazy haha I'm envious of the life of a baby hahaha and sadly yes, same intern. He's a lost cause. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards