Chit Chat
Options

Garlic in the "Fanny"

2»

Re: Garlic in the "Fanny"

• Options
    fyrchk said:
    I had a patient call me once telling me she had tried to take care of her yeast infection but it didn't work so she was going to come in for the dr to take a look at it. Her method? Spreading yogurt on her vagina but since she didn't have any yogurt she used vanilla pudding.
    Oh my word. Sugar only feeds yeast! I know you know this, I just had to say it. I could not be a nurse because I would not be able to control my face with people like this. 

To be fair, plain yogurt is a longstanding at home remedy for a yeast infection.  However the key words are "plain"...as is in no sugar...and YOGURT...as in (I think) the active cultures are the supposed magic.  No active cultures in pudding.  Nobody hocks it to cure intestinal troubles either, like they do with yogurt. 

Big yes to the bolded!  Make a mistake and use any yogurt, instead of plain yogurt, and the yeast goes into a growing frenzy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

To be fair, plain yogurt is a longstanding at home remedy for a yeast infection.  However the key words are "plain"...as is in no sugar...and YOGURT...as in (I think) the active cultures are the supposed magic.  No active cultures in pudding.  Nobody hocks it to cure intestinal troubles either, like they do with yogurt. 

Big yes to the bolded!  Make a mistake and use any yogurt, instead of plain yogurt, and the yeast goes into a growing frenzy.

I had heard that about plain yogurt being good for yeast infections and this woman in the article tried it, too. It just amazes me that someone would think vanilla pudding is in any way, shape, or form an appropriate replacement. 
  • Options
    fyrchk said:
    I had a patient call me once telling me she had tried to take care of her yeast infection but it didn't work so she was going to come in for the dr to take a look at it. Her method? Spreading yogurt on her vagina but since she didn't have any yogurt she used vanilla pudding.
    Oh my word. Sugar only feeds yeast! I know you know this, I just had to say it. I could not be a nurse because I would not be able to control my face with people like this. 

True about the yogurt. I was stuck on the vanilla pudding=appropriate substitute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards