Wedding Woes
Options

Hey guys, guys, guess what day it is?!

edited August 2016 in Wedding Woes
I wish it was Prudie Day. But nope, just Hump Day. 

I am flipping exhausted. I went to the Drake concert last night and it lasted 2 1/2 hours. We left just before Eminem came on though, which sucks. I have to be honest, I was kind of disappointed. Drake is actually great live, but his stage and show are so over produced that it takes away from the music. 

Whats everyone else got going on?  I think I'm going to have 5 more coffees. 

Re: Hey guys, guys, guess what day it is?!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I need the giantest cup of coffee today. I have more orientation shenanigans and H is in a pissy mood. We finally got our benefit info for the new jobs and turns out the retirement plan is 14% (which they match, so yay!) but is more than we budgeted for. So now H thinks the sky is falling and we won't have enough money to live. He always overreacts to new expenses and it drives me crazy. 

ETA: Sorry @kimmiinthemitten the concert wasn't better. I really hate all the "production" at shows. Just give me the music. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  I hate when that happens. Sometimes over produced works, but I'm not surprised it doesn't work for Drake ....

@charlotte989875  Is it a huge difference or is he just a money worrier?

@Heffalump  and now I'm singing along lol

Went last night to pick up some groceries. It was last day of a flyer and wanted to catch good deals. Tonight we're picking up the rest of groceries.

Friday I'm meeting with a friend and we're going to the mall. I wanna pick up curtains and maybe try on pants. I need some new dress pants, so might as well. It's on buy one, get one half off.

Last night realized we had to start making plans for my bday that's 3 weeks from today. Since our place is a mess, we're doing a late lunch at my mum's place. My granny, nana and H's mum and step dad are going - low key for sure. Next year at our new place.

Also ... crazy to believe in 39 days we get our keys. I told my H it this morning and he's like "wait what?" Yes sir, now get your shit together! Lol
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger @charlotte989875 yeah, and he had a *ton* of pyro, in a small arena which my best friend does not tolerate well, hence why we left early.

I'm so tired I forgot my biggest news - officially down 6 lbs, and it's all fat loss not water!!!  Next weigh in is in 4 weeks.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger @charlotte989875 yeah, and he had a *ton* of pyro, in a small arena which my best friend does not tolerate well, hence why we left early.

I'm so tired I forgot my biggest news - officially down 6 lbs, and it's all fat loss not water!!!  Next weigh in is in 4 weeks.
    Are you losing weight just to be losing or is it in preparation for your breast reduction? 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger he's a money worrier. It is more than we anticipated, which in the long run will be great especially since our employer matches he entire amount. But whenever there is an additional expense he didn't account for or something is slightly more than he thought he freaks out. We still have a big cushion in our monthly budget (which includes putting money in savings and an emergency money, and additional housing expenses). We planned well and he's still bent out of shape.

He even said this meowing "well I need to look in to extra part time work". No, you don't were fine. 
  • Options

Are you losing weight just to be losing or is it in preparation for your breast reduction? 
    Mainly just to be losing.  I was at my smallest weight when I met FI and I'm currently 6 lbs under my heaviest ever.  The surgery is what pushed me to finally do something though.  Some BCBS plans require your body to be at a certain BMI or have a documented weight loss plan, it turns out mine didn't but just in case I started.  Now that it's official, I don't want my gut to be bigger than my boobs LOL.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger he's a money worrier. It is more than we anticipated, which in the long run will be great especially since our employer matches he entire amount. But whenever there is an additional expense he didn't account for or something is slightly more than he thought he freaks out. We still have a big cushion in our monthly budget (which includes putting money in savings and an emergency money, and additional housing expenses). We planned well and he's still bent out of shape.

He even said this meowing "well I need to look in to extra part time work". No, you don't were fine. 
    Weird thought but would it help to rebudget and show him physically you're fine? Might ease his mind more.

Also .... you're married to a cat? ;) jk
  • Options
    Coffee isn't working.  I need this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12uoKt7bco

My work computer experienced the blue screen of death this "meowing."  And, of course, nothing saved.  

...Expectations have reached an all-time low for today.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

This and @MissKittyDanger finally made me smile this morning, thanks ladies!Also he hates cats which makes it funnier. 
  • Options
    kimmiinthemitten said:
    Mainly just to be losing.  I was at my smallest weight when I met FI and I'm currently 6 lbs under my heaviest ever.  The surgery is what pushed me to finally do something though.  Some BCBS plans require your body to be at a certain BMI or have a documented weight loss plan, it turns out mine didn't but just in case I started.  Now that it's official, I don't want my gut to be bigger than my boobs LOL.
    That's great! I'm really excited for you getting your reduction. I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon today because one of my implants has flipped over. I'm hoping he can fix it manually because I'm not going to be able to have surgery for at least a year. 
  • Options
    kimmiinthemitten said:
    That's great! I'm really excited for you getting your reduction. I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon today because one of my implants has flipped over. I'm hoping he can fix it manually because I'm not going to be able to have surgery for at least a year. 
    Good luck!

I had to tell my boss yesterday, the whole conversation made him very uncomfortable which I find funny.  On the other hand, my former boss high fived me!
  • Options
    I've started a new very very restrictive diet (for my health crap, not to lose weight, although I do want to lose weight) but part of that diet is no coffee and limited sugars. I think I may be dying. Please everyone have an extra cup for me today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    This is my first day back from vacation and my first day without a job. It is supposed to be temporary but after talking with my boss last week, I am not so sure.

So I am laying in bed, watching the olympics and snuggling with the dog. I have a couple errands to run and the grass to cut but... later. :)
  • Options
    I'm so tired and lazy this morning.  I'm still in bed!   Granted it's only 8:41, so not super horrible, but still.        (in my defense, I didn't get off work until after 10pm last night and do not have to go in until 5pm).

I was to go biking this morning, but just too tired.  I guess the big hike on Sunday has caught up to me.

Rest of the day looks like cleaning, laundry (which I did start a load since the laundry room is right outside the bedroom).

@kimmiinthemitten  - woohoo on the weight lose. Keep up the good work.  I'm down 23 since Feb.  Feels great.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

@kimmiinthemitten  - woohoo on the weight lose. Keep up the good work.  I'm down 23 since Feb.  Feels great.  
    You too!  Congrats, that's awesome!
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2016
    I'm here.  In the office.  It's a bit warm in here.  I miss my cold house.  

A lot of people came in for this work at home focus group.  It could get interesting.  My boss was all, "Is it mandatory?"  I said, "Nope, volunteer basis.  I guess we all have a lot to say."  ;) 

• Options
    Umm, they are resealing our parking lot today.   Lot's of noise.  Windows are open (no a/c).  So much for relaxing.  

Maybe it's the universe telling me I should have gone biking?      Maybe I will just go for a walk.

On another note, I'm addicted to the Today Show's   Jill's Stead and Deals.  Bought 2 things today.    I've had such great luck with the products I'm addicted.    :/

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Umm, they are resealing our parking lot today.   Lot's of noise.  Windows are open (no a/c).  So much for relaxing.  

Maybe it's the universe telling me I should have gone biking?      Maybe I will just go for a walk.

On another note, I'm addicted to the Today Show's   Jill's Stead and Deals.  Bought 2 things today.    I've had such great luck with the products I'm addicted.    :/
    I wasn't awake for those yet, so thanks, in 2-3 weeks I'll be the new owner of a fitness belt!  I hate the armband so here's hoping I like this better.
  • Options

Since I don't post super often I hadn't seen you're getting a BR but CONGRATULATIONS! I got mine in '09 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made! I also had BCBS at the time and they were great. The losing weight is important, but improving strength is important for your recovery too, especially core strength! Good luck! When is your surgery scheduled? You can also feel free to PM me if you want :)
  • Options
    Through some work my company is doing with the Shawn Carter Foundation this fall, I realized I'm currently 2 degrees separated from Beyonce, and that just MADE my Wednesday!
  • Options
    kylexo said:

Since I don't post super often I hadn't seen you're getting a BR but CONGRATULATIONS! I got mine in '09 and it was one of the best decisions I ever made! I also had BCBS at the time and they were great. The losing weight is important, but improving strength is important for your recovery too, especially core strength! Good luck! When is your surgery scheduled? You can also feel free to PM me if you want :)
    Thanks!  I have my pre-surgery appointment on August 31st so I'm sure I'll have tons of questions from the patient perspective for you:).  Feel free to share any tips you may have too.  I only know two people IRL who have had it done, one is FI's cousins soon to be ex-wife and another friend who is going through a rough patch of infertility so I don't want to bug her.

I've been practicing getting out of bed with my arms crossed over my chest so I'm hopefully prepared for that.  The official day is September 16!  
  • Options
    kylexo said:

Thanks!  I have my pre-surgery appointment on August 31st so I'm sure I'll have tons of questions from the patient perspective for you:).  Feel free to share any tips you may have too.  I only know two people IRL who have had it done, one is FI's cousins soon to be ex-wife and another friend who is going through a rough patch of infertility so I don't want to bug her.

I've been practicing getting out of bed with my arms crossed over my chest so I'm hopefully prepared for that.  The official day is September 16!  
    My best tips would be to get your core strength as strong as possible in the next month, make an appointment to get your hair washed at a salon after you're discharged from the hospital since you won't be able to shower or really do it yourself, but it goes a long way in making you not feel disgusting. prep yourself for sleeping sitting up/building a pillow fort around yourself to keep you upright, once you are cleared to take showers have a buddy in the bathroom with you the whole time - i passed out the first time, but fortunately my mom was there to save me. be prepared to feel strange for a long time, it takes ~a year~ for the tissue to settle into the shape that it will eventually be and you may need revisions (i had 2). i started being able to do light jogs about a month later and they were a lot easier. sports bras with hooks or zippers will be your friend for a long time.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's the first day of school for 6let!  M2 starts tomorrow.  It's kinda rainy so I'm working and getting ready to can some tomato sauce and slice apples for the next few days.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

I wasn't awake for those yet, so thanks, in 2-3 weeks I'll be the new owner of a fitness belt!  I hate the armband so here's hoping I like this better.
    Me too!

Plus the wireless earbuds for DH.

• Options
    @Heffalump  I love listening to kids pronounce things :') so cute! How does he know which "kawawa" is naughty? Need to know.
    also from now on chimpanzee = chipmonkey
  • Options

I've been in a bad sleep cycle!  I rarely suffer from insomnia but, probably due to stress, I've been having a hard time falling asleep.

Like Sunday, I couldn't get to sleep until 2:30ish.  But had to wake up at 6:15.  So I'm exhausted all day Monday, go to bed early, sleep like a log.  Get up at 6:15 Tuesday.  Go to bed last night, don't fall asleep until after 1:00ish.  Exhausted again today.

So, every other day, I'm exhausted because I only got a few hours of sleep.  Than the opposite days I can fall asleep fine because I'm exhausted.

But, other than feeling like I'm only half here, it's been a good day.  My original bank has royally effed up my loan application for a property I am under contract on.  But I think (hope) I have found a couple alternatives to get around their incompetence and find the money another way, so I can still close on time or close to it.  There are major fees written into the contract ($100/day) if I have to extend the closing date (rolling eyes).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just got back from the plastic surgeon and he thinks I've torn my breast implant pocket and caused some bleeding. The only fix for it is surgery which is out of the question since I'm pregnant. He said it's nothing to worry about, though, so I'll go back in about 18 months and we'll fix it then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards