Chit Chat

You guys are famous!

And it's for your distaste of honeyfunds, of course!

http://www.womansday.com/life/a55416/honeymoon-registry-gift-trend/?src=socialflowFB

Sorry if you've already seen this, I just recognized a sn or two and wanted to make sure you knew that your posts get around - "journalism" today! 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: You guys are famous!

• Ms. Mattern ruins the article,  proves the anti-Honey Fund point, and reveals her "specialness" with her less than objective final statement, "Perhaps we all need to agree to disagree on this one—and let the couple do and ask for they want on their special day. "

Since it is someone's special day, of course all semblance of manners should be thrown out the window.
  • If someone wants to copy and paste, I'll read it, but I'm not giving that BS a click, making them money and reinforcing bad habits. Honeymoon registries are the worst and I'm sure this article is too, no offense OP.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• @MobKaz - I was just about the copy and paste that summary line. I mean at least she posted some logic, which is more than a lot of the HM registry articles. And the Knotties she quoted really nailed it!
    *********************************************************************************

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MobKaz said:
    Ms. Mattern ruins the article,  proves the anti-Honey Fund point, and reveals her "specialness" with her less than objective final statement, "Perhaps we all need to agree to disagree on this one—and let the couple do and ask for they want on their special day. "

Since it is someone's special day, of course all semblance of manners should be thrown out the window.
    I was just going to post the same thing. UGH!!

The couple CAN ask for what they want- just don't have a registry! People will get it.
  • I don't care what anyone says, I will NEVER be okay with honeymoon registries. You shouldn't be asking for money anyway, but really, I particularly resent being asked to help pay for someone else's honeymoon. My husband and I went on a trip we could afford on our own (which meant going much closer to home than most couples do), because we wanted to be responsible with our money and didn't feel our honeymoon needed to be the vacation of a lifetime. So I don't see why I should help some couple have a more extravagant honeymoon than I did. It's not my problem if they choose to go someplace they can't or don't want to pay for themselves.
  • I don't care what anyone says, I will NEVER be okay with honeymoon registries. You shouldn't be asking for money anyway, but really, I particularly resent being asked to help pay for someone else's honeymoon. My husband and I went on a trip we could afford on our own (which meant going much closer to home than most couples do), because we wanted to be responsible with our money and didn't feel our honeymoon needed to be the vacation of a lifetime. So I don't see why I should help some couple have a more extravagant honeymoon than I did. It's not my problem if they choose to go someplace they can't or don't want to pay for themselves.
    I hear you. We're not taking a honeymoon at all because FW will be in school and we may be going away for Christmas. I'm not paying for someone else to go on vacation.
  • I hear you. We're not taking a honeymoon at all because FW will be in school and we may be going away for Christmas. I'm not paying for someone else to go on vacation.
    Agree with both of you, but if it were truly to buy an experience I would do that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards