Chit Chat

Irrational Irritations

When deciding who was invited to our wedding, FH and I both invited the people we work closely with. For me, I have 7 staff members in my office. A few of them would have been invited whether they still worked for me or not, so I decided to invite all of them so that nobody felt they were getting preferential treatment.

FH supervises the 5 other people that he works with, and he came to the same decision.

We didn't send any of them save-the-dates or talk wedding with them in case something changed.

Today, one of my staff members quit, and one of his got transferred.

I dropped the invitations in the mail yesterday.

This isn't a problem, and it's not like there's anything I can do about it, but it's been irrationally irritating me all day.

Anybody else have anything they're irrationally irritated about today that will make me feel less crazy?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Irrational Irritations

• I keep playing phone tag with the guy we're renting chairs from. We actually did connect on the phone during my lunch break, but he was driving. I promised to call after I got off work (4:30). Called at 4:35, got his voicemail. Grrr.
  • FI left the toilet seat up last night.  Guess who got a cold, wet ass at 3am?
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Last night I asked H to make chicken salad for lunches, warned him that I would wake him up early if he didn't.

Woke up, he didn't. I told him I was pissed. I should have done what @AtomicBlonde  did and not make coffee ....
  • I started my period today.  It's bullshit.  Not because I want to be pregnant, but because I just don't want to deal with my period.
    If you're okay with hormonal BC (I didn't go to the BC thread to look) I love Seasonique. You can go 3 months without a period, then they usually only last a few days. Mine were so light on it that I could get by with a pantiliner 2 of the 3 days.
  • I started my period today.  It's bullshit.  Not because I want to be pregnant, but because I just don't want to deal with my period.
    If you're okay with hormonal BC (I didn't go to the BC thread to look) I love Seasonique. You can go 3 months without a period, then they usually only last a few days. Mine were so light on it that I could get by with a pantiliner 2 of the 3 days.
    You can do the same with Nuvaring and I'm on my period month.  Not having them monthly has spoiled me!
  • kimmiinthemitten said:
    You can do the same with Nuvaring and I'm on my period month.  Not having them monthly has spoiled me!
    Nice. Yes, it's lovely.
  • We are a one car family.  For the summer months, it becomes a little bit of a hassle.  Especially this summer when the club has me working a lot of hours. DH goes in long before me, so I have to drop him off in the mornings.

Well it's suppose to rain later today, so I want to get in my daily 5 mile walk in early.  DH said he will be ready soon for work.  So I held off going on the walk.

That was over 55 minutes ago.  He hasn't even started ironing his chef jacket.  So we are looking at another 20+ minutes or so.    I could have gone and come back by now.      

Not that it's horrible to walk after I drop him off, it's just that I HATE waiting around for him.  He takes so long to get ready.  I swear I do not know what he does.  He has a buzz cut, so no hair to deal with.   He does take a shit ton of pills (meds, fiber and other vitamins).  That still does not account for why he takes so long to get ready.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Our work computer system won't space if I'm holding the shift key. So minor, but irritating.
  • lyndausvi said:
    We are a one car family.  For the summer months, it becomes a little bit of a hassle.  Especially this summer when the club has me working a lot of hours. DH goes in long before me, so I have to drop him off in the mornings.

Well it's suppose to rain later today, so I want to get in my daily 5 mile walk in early.  DH said he will be ready soon for work.  So I held off going on the walk.

That was over 55 minutes ago.  He hasn't even started ironing his chef jacket.  So we are looking at another 20+ minutes or so.    I could have gone and come back by now.      

Not that it's horrible to walk after I drop him off, it's just that I HATE waiting around for him.  He takes so long to get ready.  I swear I do not know what he does.  He has a buzz cut, so no hair to deal with.   He does take a shit ton of pills (meds, fiber and other vitamins).  That still does not account for why he takes so long to get ready.
    I want to hop into this boat too.  I can shower and get ready in 10 (if there's no hair blow drying).  I'm not a make up person, or a 'take long showers person'.  It takes FI, literally 1 hour +.  It's his slow ass pace! 

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    lyndausvi said:
    We are a one car family.  For the summer months, it becomes a little bit of a hassle.  Especially this summer when the club has me working a lot of hours. DH goes in long before me, so I have to drop him off in the mornings.

I want to hop into this boat too.  I can shower and get ready in 10 (if there's no hair blow drying).  I'm not a make up person, or a 'take long showers person'.  It takes FI, literally 1 hour +.  It's his slow ass pace! 
    This is me.  

On days I hostess I will go up to get ready around 4.  I will shower, dry hair, little makeup, get dressed, walked the dogs, feed the dogs and be out of the house by 4:40pm.   Sometimes I'm able to read a post or two from TK  :)  

DH takes an hour+

ETA - got my walk in  :)     5 days till my 14er.   Let's hope the weather holds up.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi - which 14er are you doing? We did Huron a couple years ago and it was beautiful! Want to do more, but...baby.

Irrational irritation: When H uses the milk down to like 1 teaspoon. Just....why? Use it all at that point.

*********************************************************************************

• @lyndausvi - which 14er are you doing? We did Huron a couple years ago and it was beautiful! Want to do more, but...baby.

Irrational irritation: When H uses the milk down to like 1 teaspoon. Just....why? Use it all at that point.

La Plata Peak.

People at work do the down to the last teaspoon shit all the time.  Pisses me off.   WTF am I supposed to do with a teaspoon of vodka?   Then I have to have the guest wait while I grab another bottle, open it up, put the pour spout in, etc.   So stupid.

• Count me among those who don't understand how their partners can take so long to get ready!  It doesn't bother me, but I definitely tease him about it.  If I have to shower, I am up at 7:40 and out the door by 8:05.  No shower and I set my alarm for 7:55 to be ready by 8:05.  With or without a shower, he can never manage to get going in less than an hour.  Like, what does he even do with all that time?  
  • Count me among those who don't understand how their partners can take so long to get ready!  It doesn't bother me, but I definitely tease him about it.  If I have to shower, I am up at 7:40 and out the door by 8:05.  No shower and I set my alarm for 7:55 to be ready by 8:05.  With or without a shower, he can never manage to get going in less than an hour.  Like, what does he even do with all that time?  

I don't get it either. My FI and I both quick to get ready.

But there are 3 hours between when my FIL gets up and when he goes to work. THREE HOURS. How? That would be like me watching Titanic every single morning. That is a fucking long movie. And that whole time, he's just wandering around the bathtub or whatever. Blows my mind.

*********************************************************************************

• I hate when I order iced coffee at a restaurant, and instead of saying "we don't have iced coffee" they pour hot coffee over a cup of ice so it ends up being half water.

• lyndausvi said:

@lyndausvi - which 14er are you doing? We did Huron a couple years ago and it was beautiful! Want to do more, but...baby.

La Plata Peak.

People at work do the down to the last teaspoon shit all the time.  Pisses me off.   WTF am I supposed to do with a teaspoon of vodka?   Then I have to have the guest wait while I grab another bottle, open it up, put the pour spout in, etc.   So stupid.

Different work environment, same concept.  People who leave a sliver of coffee in the pot and don't make a new pot.  Or, even worse, put an empty coffee pot on a hot burner and just walk away.  Not only is that rude as f**k, but it can (and has) also cause the glass pot to break.

I know, I know.  30 seconds to make a new pot was too much time in your busy day (sarcasm).  But you couldn't take one second to at least turn the burner off? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just boiled a Food Saver meatball pack.   When I picked it up in sprung a leak.   Red sauce all over.  I was able to save most if though.   Just annoyed I had to clean it all up.  Normally clean up is so easy, that is why I make up the freezer packs.

• I hate when I order iced coffee at a restaurant, and instead of saying "we don't have iced coffee" they pour hot coffee over a cup of ice so it ends up being half water.

Haha!!  My Mom is the opposite.  She orders coffee with ice in the summer.  She even specifies please fill a large glass full of ice and pour regular coffee over it. They never get it right.  Last weekend, they gave her a large glass with coffee and about as much ice as they could put in a large pop.  It was all melted by the time it got to the table and she had to ask for more ice.  

• FH also takes hours to get ready. I can't imagine what can possibly take so long. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and go to work.

Today's irriation: people who serially text. Like, 5 in a row. With three words each. Really you can't put all of your thoughts in to one text?
  • You guys can't imagine how happy I am to hear that it's not just my FI who takes forever. I thought it was just him/us with that problem! 

• Irrational irritation - it's my period this week and I'm wonderfully blessed with cramps. I legit never get cramps, so I'm in a crummy mood. I keep bitching to my H because it hurts. "I never get cramps. Why is this happening!? How do women deal with this. Fuuuuckkkk"
    He just looks at me because he can't relate lol
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    drglitter said:
    FH also takes hours to get ready. I can't imagine what can possibly take so long. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and go to work.

Today's irriation: people who serially text. Like, 5 in a row. With three words each. Really you can't put all of your thoughts in to one text?
    One of the group sales people loves to do that either by text or email.  It's so annoying.    You will not hear from her for a week or more, then at 10pm one night she will blow up your phone with 26 emails/text.  

Oh and she thinks everything is priority number one and everyone needs to drop everything for her.   

• drglitter said:
    FH also takes hours to get ready. I can't imagine what can possibly take so long. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and go to work.

Oh My God. I second this. I have a friend who always sends 6 texts in a row.

"Haha.

Talked to H.

He is an ass.
    I need a vacation.

Haha."

I end up turning my ringer off because I can't deal with all of the alerts. Especially, when I'm at work. Then I forget to turn it back on and my H gets mad when I miss calls from him because of the silent mode.

• fyrchk said:
    drglitter said:

Oh My God. I second this. I have a friend who always sends 6 texts in a row.

"Haha.

Talked to H.

He is an ass.
    I need a vacation.

Haha."

I end up turning my ringer off because I can't deal with all of the alerts. Especially, when I'm at work. Then I forget to turn it back on and my H gets mad when I miss calls from him because of the silent mode.

My BFF/MOH does this. It's the reason she has her own (practically silent) text notification sound.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Love hearing that others deal with the "takes forever to get ready" SO.  In the time it takes DH to get ready, I've gotten myself and our three young children ready with just enough time for (at least) one of them to get dirty.  And then DH asks me why said child isn't ready and that he doesn't want to be late :s
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards