Chit Chat

Irrational Irritations

Re: Irrational Irritations

• drglitter said:
    FH also takes hours to get ready. I can't imagine what can possibly take so long. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and go to work.

Today's irriation: people who serially text. Like, 5 in a row. With three words each. Really you can't put all of your thoughts in to one text?
    I have a friend who does this, except she waits for responses to each one. For example, we would use IM chat at work, and it would go:

Her: "I had a meeting with my manager today." 

Me: ....waiting..... "Oh? How did it go?"

Her: "It wasn't really that great."

Me: ...waiting.... no add'l info .... getting irritated... "Oh no, what happened?"

Her: "Well, we talked about the project that I'm working on."

Me: ..........................

Me: "WHAT ABOUT THE PROJECT??????"

Her: "He said he needed to address some things with me."

Me: OMG GIRL I AM GONNA KILL U. 

And so on, for the ENTIRE STORY. When we talk in person or on the phone it's not an issue. Just IM and texts. So fucking annoying. If you have something to say, just say it! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm in graduate school and use the program website for lots of links to email and dropboxes, etc.  The school just changed the entire layout and navigation of their website and i CANT FIND ANYTHING.  It is beyond irritating. 
  • Casadena said:
    I'm in graduate school and use the program website for lots of links to email and dropboxes, etc.  The school just changed the entire layout and navigation of their website and i CANT FIND ANYTHING.  It is beyond irritating. 
    Ack! Did they at least warn everyone?
  • 1. My MIL often buys dinner for the family (which is awesome and very much appreciated) except that she buys everyone what "she had a taste for." We all get the same thing. So last week I suffered through a fish sandwich when I don't like fish, and tonight ate bone-in chicken because that's what she wanted. We need to GTFO ASAP. 

2. I had a close friend stay the weekend with us. She's a MOH in a wedding in January, and the bride called her 7+ times throughout the weekend to talk wedding/life details. And these were long ass conversations. My friend really should have just stayed home and texted me while she wasn't on the phone with the bride. 
    Anniversary

• drglitter said:
    FH also takes hours to get ready. I can't imagine what can possibly take so long. I roll out of bed, brush my teeth, and go to work.

Today's irriation: people who serially text. Like, 5 in a row. With three words each. Really you can't put all of your thoughts in to one text?
    Guilty of doing this to my H! Not all the time. It's always either unintentional or completely on purpose. No in between. If it's unintentional, I apologize to him. If it's on purpose it's because he's bugging me.
  • I have a new one. I want Moe's for lunch (thanks to @ShesSoCold) but I can't afford it. And it's making me irrationally angry. 

God I need to get this practice built up SOON. 
    Anniversary

• Half-assed apologies.

Last night, from FH:

I'm sorry you felt that way.
    I'm sorry if you think I did that.

Uh, dude, that's not an apology.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • drglitter said:
    Half-assed apologies.

Last night, from FH:

ugghhh HATE those.
    Anniversary

• drglitter said:
    Half-assed apologies.

Last night, from FH:

ugghhh HATE those.
    "I'm sorry if you felt that way"?  FFS, there's no IF about the way that actually did make me feel! 

So now thanks for ALSO making me feel like a heel because it's MY fault that something YOU did made ME feel negatively.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Whisltling. I hate when people whistle, especially in places where I am trapped and forced to listen (the train, the office). That noise is obnoxious and irritating and instantly makes me stabby.

• I hate when people at work bring in food. Not home baked type food, but stopped at Dunkin Donuts type food. I need to watch what I'm eating for a variety of reasons and I have absolutely ZERO will power. There is nothing that motivates me to keep away from the donuts and bagels.

• "Unspoken prayer requests" on Facebook.  I can't. 
    Even when I was a believer (I'm agnostic), those irked me no end.
  • I hate when people at work bring in food. Not home baked type food, but stopped at Dunkin Donuts type food. I need to watch what I'm eating for a variety of reasons and I have absolutely ZERO will power. There is nothing that motivates me to keep away from the donuts and bagels.
    your will power matches my own.  Or, if I do avoid it for the morning - I usually end up grabbing it before the day is over.   I agree 100%.  Bring in fruit.  vegetables and dip.  

Try working in a K-9 school instead of a 7-9.  Damn Kinders have parties every second week and the staff room is the dumping grounds for all the leftover food each kid brings.  And then someone has a birthday.  Every damn day.  How do you say no to a 7 year old offering you a birthday cupcake??

Try working in a K-9 school instead of a 7-9.  Damn Kinders have parties every second week and the staff room is the dumping grounds for all the leftover food each kid brings.  And then someone has a birthday.  Every damn day.  How do you say no to a 7 year old offering you a birthday cupcake??
    This is another downfall at work. We have monthly birthday celebrations with cake. The company just also offered a voluntary layoff program. So, many people retired because of this - to the tune of 500+ people of retirement age. So, you can imagine how many retirement parties we've had.

• When my H puts the toilet paper on backwards so it falls to the back and not over the front. I tried to let it go but I finally had to change it bc it was driving me fucking crazy every time I peed this week. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • When my H puts the toilet paper on backwards so it falls to the back and not over the front. I tried to let it go but I finally had to change it bc it was driving me fucking crazy every time I peed this week. 
    My H doesn't put it on at all. He leaves a new roll sitting somewhere near he old roll. Drives me nuts. 
    Anniversary

My H doesn't put it on at all. He leaves a new roll sitting somewhere near he old roll. Drives me nuts. 
    H does this. Or he just doesn't even grab a roll for the back of the toilet or to perch on the dispenser. I'm pretty sure he never refills it. 
  • vikinganna87vikinganna87 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2016
    I hate when people at work bring in food. Not home baked type food, but stopped at Dunkin Donuts type food. I need to watch what I'm eating for a variety of reasons and I have absolutely ZERO will power. There is nothing that motivates me to keep away from the donuts and bagels.
    This is another downfall at work. We have monthly birthday celebrations with cake. The company just also offered a voluntary layoff program. So, many people retired because of this - to the tune of 500+ people of retirement age. So, you can imagine how many retirement parties we've had.

Yes, cake at work is the worst.  I usually find a polite way to decline but once I had a job interview at a company I because less enthusiastic about as the conversations progressed.  After spending close to 2 hours in the CEO's office I got roped into a birthday celebration and they gave me a HUGE piece of cake.  I was so bitter about it afterwards.  Not only did I not want the job but I was forced to consume a cake that totally wasn't worth the calories.

ETF typos
    Same. Although I'm usually happen he puts it on the roll ....
    Gurllll...I bought toilet paper holders that flip up. No spring loaded contraption, you literally just lift up on the empty roll. I will still walk in to an empty roll of toilet paper.
    Gurllll...I bought toilet paper holders that flip up. No spring loaded contraption, you literally just lift up on the empty roll. I will still walk in to an empty roll of toilet paper.
    what is it with guys!?
  • I have been facing a mini TP disaster myself, but not because of my partner. One of the cats has recently discovered how much FUN it is to unspool the entire roll onto the floor.  (He once actually managed to unroll an entire brand new "mega roll" straight into the toilet two feet away from the holder! Don't ask me how they made that happen.)  So until we figure out a solution, I have to put the toilet paper away in a cupboard between uses and carry it with me when I need it like I'm camping.  
  • My favorite is when I'm having a private moment in the loo and I reach for the TP... To find an empty roll.

So I orangutan my way to the cabinet under the sink to find... Nothing.

...Lord have mercy on my husband's soul.
    "he had it comin' !"
  • "he had it comin' !"
    The dirty bum, bum, BUM!!♪♪♪
  • I have been facing a mini TP disaster myself, but not because of my partner. One of the cats has recently discovered how much FUN it is to unspool the entire roll onto the floor.  (He once actually managed to unroll an entire brand new "mega roll" straight into the toilet two feet away from the holder! Don't ask me how they made that happen.)  So until we figure out a solution, I have to put the toilet paper away in a cupboard between uses and carry it with me when I need it like I'm camping.  
    My cat, the older one, is only interested in the TP when it's in your hand and on it's way to the back, if you know what I mean.  He's a strange, strange creature!
  • "he had it comin' !"
    The dirty bum, bum, BUM!!♪♪♪
    I see what you did there :wink:

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

My cat, the older one, is only interested in the TP when it's in your hand and on it's way to the back, if you know what I mean.  He's a strange, strange creature!

Thankfully, our cat has never been interested in the TP.  But, even since kittenhood, she needs to be entertained while someone is using the facilities.  She will follow you.  Perch herself on the tub ledge.  And meow for pets.  In fact, in a previous house where the ledge was next to the toilet (instead of across), she would also try to climb directly onto my lap.

She also likes to sit on the tub ledge and rub anything else that is on it.  Like shampoo and bath gel.  Which then promptly gets knocked into the tub.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards