Chit Chat

Close Call

FI has a friend, Dan, that we were on the fence about inviting.  Dan and FI aren't super close, FI did go to Dan's wedding 6 years ago (Dan is now divorced).  Last year we attended a wedding where Dan and FI were both groomsmen and I befriended Dan's wedding date, Sarah, since we were both groomsmen's dates and didn't know many other guests at the rehearsal dinner.

Sarah turned out to be an intense party girl who immediately unloaded all of their drama onto me. She drank way to much and caused a small scene at the rehearsal dinner and then ended up barfing in a hallway at the reception and getting into a yelling match with a bridesmaid who tried to help her. We really like Dan, but really didn't want to worry about Sarah with the open bar. We heard through other friends that Dan and Sarah had a super messy breakup and moved a few states away. We finally decided to invite Dan and Dan only since he had told FI he wasn't dating anyone.

Last night we got Dan's RSVP in the mail.... and it says "Dan and Sarah Lastname" we both just groaned. We both went into damage control mode and started thinking what do we do? Do we let Dan know that we can't accommodate Sarah? Do we just suck it up and hope that Sarah has grown out of her partying? I decided to look Sarah up on facebook to see if she was still living states away...When I pulled up her profile... it was a stranger... I jumped up and down! ITS A DIFFERENT SARAH! ITS A DIFFERENT SARAH!

SO MUCH RELIEF! I totally don't even care that he totally invited someone when he wasn't given a plus one.

Re: Close Call

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Well I'm glad it's a different Sarah. Sarah is a pretty popular name ;)

Is this Sarah  +1 though? Or are in they a relationship?
  • That is hilarious!  I can just imagine the wave of relief, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SP29 said:
    Well I'm glad it's a different Sarah. Sarah is a pretty popular name ;)

Is this Sarah  +1 though? Or are in they a relationship?
    Too funny!
    SP- in the original post she said they invited Dan alone as he said he wasn't dating anyone. So this is truly a surprise plus-1. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards