Chit Chat

AW - I feel like a BAD ASS

lyndausvilyndausvi mod
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2016 in Chit Chat
I hiked my first 14er today.  We hiked to the summit of a 14,336 peak.  Nothing like hiking with 20-something year olds to remind you are getting old.    My body hurts right now.

I was slow,  but still made it under the guide books duration of 10 hours (9 hours 33 minutes-round trip).   

So what is your AW?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: AW - I feel like a BAD ASS

• That's awesome!!!! I sadly don't have anything cool to brag about at the moment 
    Anniversary

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That's awesome!!!! I sadly don't have anything cool to brag about at the moment 
    Same here.  Unless you count having the VMAs on in the background and having no idea what's going on  :p
  • ei34ei34 member
    lyndausvi said:
    eileenrob said:
    That's awesome!!!! I sadly don't have anything cool to brag about at the moment 
    Same here.  Unless you count having the VMAs on in the background and having no idea what's going on  :p
    Ha.  We had them on also and then DH was like "who are these people and I didn't know MTV still had videos anymore?"

Yet another sign we are getting old.

Then we switched to pre-season football.
    Lol DH is watching pre-season and I asked him to switch to the VMAs on commercial breaks.  For research purposes only, I'll meet my 9th graders next week and like knowing what they like. I miss *nsync, Britney & co 
  • Congratulation!  We have lived here for more than 9 years.  We've never done a 14er, and never will.  12,000 is about DH's limit.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That's awesome!

• That's awesome, and the view looks amazing!

I come from flat Illinois.  Anything looks amazing to me, but that really does!

• You need to throw some of that energy and motivation my way because my biggest accomplishment was getting insanely drunk and waking up at 7am the next morning.
    I've done that when going out Thursdays and working on Fridays! It is an accomplishment ;)
  • WTG, Lynda! :)

I do not feel like a badass. My knees are super ass sunburnt and I feel as though I may actually die.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • That is awesome news, @Jells2dot0!
  • I'm such an asshole for just remembering this, but today is HUGE! I need to AW my second birthday! I've been officially lymphoma free for two years! I can't say cancer free, but hitting the two year mark without recurrence is a big deal for this type of cancer. It means that my chances of recurrence have significantly dropped.
    woohoo

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • WOW!  That is super badass, and you deserve an AW moment!  

Jells2dot0 said: You need to throw some of that energy and motivation my way because my biggest accomplishment was getting insanely drunk and waking up at 7am the next morning.

Hey, that sounds like a hell of an accomplishment to me!  7 AM basically makes you Superwoman in my book even without the drinking.  I can barely manage my normal 7:40 on an average weekday.  And of course, congrats on your health status!  That is wonderful news!
  • WOW!  That is super badass, and you deserve an AW moment!  

Jells2dot0 said: You need to throw some of that energy and motivation my way because my biggest accomplishment was getting insanely drunk and waking up at 7am the next morning.

Hey, that sounds like a hell of an accomplishment to me!  7 AM basically makes you Superwoman in my book even without the drinking.  I can barely manage my normal 7:40 on an average weekday.  And of course, congrats on your health status!  That is wonderful news!

I'm usually up around 5-5:30 on weekdays, as I get into work around 6:30. I'm one of those people who is either awake before the alarm or out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off. But, the fact that I drank heavily (like more than a bottle of wine heavy), went to bed much later than normal after a long day at work, woke up early, didn't puke, and was on time for my appointments, was a fucking miracle! Andplusalso, I remember everything that happened! It's amazing stuff for approaching my late 30s.

• SP29SP29 member
    WTG @lyndausvi ! That sounds pretty intense to me.

Woo hoo @Jells2dot0 !!
  • You're awesome and inspiring, @lyndausvi!  :) Thanks for sharing this.

Far from your impressive 20 miles, @thisismynickname, I rode my bike 9 miles to work today, which is only an accomplishment because I've been meaning to do it for months and finally did it for the first time.  Going home will be more challenging because there's an intense hill at the end. I just don't want to be the laughing stock of the neighborhood if I have to get off and push the bike.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards