Chit Chat

wine gummy bears guys!!!

These are a thing apparently.  They cost an absurd amount if you buy them at the store, and are out of stock in a lot of places.

Well, they are beyond simple to make!  I made chardonnay gummy bears yesterday.  It took 5 minutes, then setting time.  I'm going to do some research today to see how to make them more gummy and less jello jiggler-ish.  I think it has to do with the amount of gelatin.  Anyone know?

I might try Rose next.  For Valentine's Day I'm thinking a red wine, then dipping them in dark chocolate!

Highly recommended!  And/also they still contain alcohol unless you let them get over 90 degrees during prep.

Re: wine gummy bears guys!!!

• Did you just swap out the water for wine? Like with Jell-O shots?
    Anniversary

• I found champagne roses and prosecco gummy bears at some store called "Squish" - it's all gummies and great. Might be an idea if you don't wanna make them :)
  • I found champagne roses and prosecco gummy bears at some store called "Squish" - it's all gummies and great. Might be an idea if you don't wanna make them :)
    Just take all my money.
  • I've used this recipe: http://www.thrive-style.com/2013/01/wine-fruit-snacks-gummy-wine-hearts-not-for-kids-great-for-your-body/

It works very well.  I leave out the sweeteners, since I like how the plain wine tastes.  I definitely recommend letting them chill for a while-they'll gel quite well.

I've been meaning to experiment with jello.  So far I've just used plain gelatin.  
    Just take all my money.
    I bought one of each {plus others. Deal for 5 bags for $22 ... and I'm a child lmao}
    Will report back how good they are :)
  • Normal gummy bears also soak up liquor quite well.  I found a "Fruit Loops" flavored vodka that they are perfect with.  I usually just throw them in and let them sit overnight, though I suspect they get soused within a couple hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you just swap out the water for wine? Like with Jell-O shots?

sugar, wine, powdered gelatin. . . . that's it.  I guess it would be similar
  • I've used this recipe: http://www.thrive-style.com/2013/01/wine-fruit-snacks-gummy-wine-hearts-not-for-kids-great-for-your-body/

It works very well.  I leave out the sweeteners, since I like how the plain wine tastes.  I definitely recommend letting them chill for a while-they'll gel quite well.

I've been meaning to experiment with jello.  So far I've just used plain gelatin.  

my recipe was quite similar, although I just dumped the gelatin in all at once.  I think my texture might be better if I do it slower
  • My coworker brought back wine gummies from her vacation (not bear-shaped, though). They were SO good. No alcohol in them - I made sure before I ate some, since alcohol and pregnancy obviously don't mix - but they had the perfect amount of wine flavor. Made me miss actual wine, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The last time I tried to make vodka gummy Bears they turned into a sticky goopy mixture of unnatural flavors. They no longer looked like gummy bears. Their faces and bodies melted, it was a disturbing massacre that tasted like death...
    But wine gummies sound awesome! Must try this
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCmeow said:
    The last time I tried to make vodka gummy Bears they turned into a sticky goopy mixture of unnatural flavors. They no longer looked like gummy bears. Their faces and bodies melted, it was a disturbing massacre that tasted like death...
    But wine gummies sound awesome! Must try this

I'm not talking about sticking gummy bears in wine. . . so hopefully you wouldn't have the same result.  I'm talking about actually making gummy bears that contain wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards