Chit Chat

WR Dear Abby - Guest Ruined Reception - Send TY Note?

2»

Re: WR Dear Abby - Guest Ruined Reception - Send TY Note?

• Does anyone else find it odd that so many other guests were so upset that they left? I can't help thinking we're not being told something here, and I'd love to know exactly what happened!
    Maybe I watch too many dramas, but I imagined something like this went down in full view of the entire party and made everyone uncomfortable.  Add the lack of music to that, and I'd probably leave too.

*Man marches up to DJ, pours water on laptop.  Confrontation ensures.  Groom becomes involved and kicks guest out.*
    That's exactly what I was thinking, the asshole guest probably caused a huge scene and made a lot of people uncomfortable so they left. 

• Would I advise someone else to take the high road and write the note? Ideally, yes.

Would I take my own advice? Realistically, probably not.

Obviously the "right" answer is to write the note, but this is chit chat, not the E board. Good on the guy for apologizing and buying the DJ a new laptop, but too little too late. What a prick. If I were sure I didn't want to stay in contact, I'd return his gift and not write a TY note. Sorrynotsorry.

This.  Except I might keep the gift too if it was something cool.  Totally not OK etiquette-wise of course, but fuck that guy.  Too bad for his wife.  If I saw her in person after that I'd thank her that way. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • edited September 2016
    @Julieanne912, you're unscrupulous! Maybe the gift is money. Money is cool.

• @Julieanne912, you're unscrupulous! Maybe the gift is money. Money is cool.
    Yes, but she's back and I like that:)
  • Not to bring up a zombie, but I wouldn't be writing those people any note. F* them. If mom wants to, go right ahead - they know what they did. Is it too late to send the gift back? Doubtful I would need it or want it.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards