Chit Chat

I got boo'd on wedding wire for this... second opinions PLZ

Re: I got boo'd on wedding wire for this... second opinions PLZ

• Good luck finding a site that finds it ok to dismiss your real wedding day and lie to everyone for a pinterest-worthy wedding. This will just be another site to boo you on this quest of yours. Maybe weddingbee?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh Green Goddess on a cracker. If you want to bait us, at least try to be subtle and clever.

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    I feel like this has got to be some sort of troll. But people cease to amaze me sometimes. And not in a  good way. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm sad she never came back to defend herself. That's really what I wanted to see. 
    Anniversary

• Christian who didn't live with her H until after we got married chiming in here. 

After reading both both this thread and the one over on wedding wire, I see lots of issues. 

1, your parents don't want you to live (and presumably have sex) before marriage, but they're ok with you lying to lots of people. Interesting. I guess your parents are just picking and choosing which sins they're ok with. 

2, his parents WILL find out. With how many people you've told already, it WILL come out. We've had posters on these forums before posting about people finding out after the fact and being really upset about it. I would be upset, especially if I were your H's parents.  

3, So if I'm interpreting WW's profiles correctly, the date under your username is your wedding date. Which means you got married about 6 months before your planned wedding. I'm curious, why couldn't you wait 6 months to live together? Six months is not a long time. Or plan the wedding for April?

Finally, I recommend as some PPs did to call your upcoming "wedding" a party instead and tell people that you are already married. 
  • @lovesclimbing but then she won't get as many gifts! I have a feeling if it's not MUD that she's doing it for gifts. She changed her story about her MIL 3 times. First, she'd be so upset that we eloped. Second, she wouldn't be that upset. Third, her other son did it and she was so upset. I just really think (hope) it's MUD.
  • Heffalump said:
    If I *had* to move out because of a terrible relationship with my parents I can't imagine why I'd be trying to appease them with a secret marriage. Surely if they are so terrible that a person couldn't wait a mere 6mo to leave then you'd be like "bye! I'm off to shag my boyfriend and live in sin!" as a bit of a fuck you parting shot. Maybe thats just me.
    Followed by this on my way out the door:

Went without saying Heffalump, I'm a very disrespectful daughter!

• After reading the WW post I don't understand why she even posted that/this in the first place? There was no question, just rubbing their spineless-ness in our faces, insulting courthouse weddings (which I and many other posters had and are ::gasp:: married at the end of!), saying that stupid "just a piece of paper" bs that people love to say when defending lying to their guests and family/friends.

OP, this will get back to your in-laws (not future, you're married, you have a husband, despite not wearing rings and pretending you don't), and they will resent you for this. Congrats to the two of you for basically ruining your husband's relationship with his family because you can't stand up to your parents.

If you're adult enough to get married (which, despite appearance, you apparently are) you're adult enough to stand up to your parents and show other's the respect they deserve, which involves not starting your new life together on a pile of lies.
  • Booooooooooooo

Image result for booed off stage gif

*********************************************************************************

• So here's the story. "FH" and I are already technically married. We eloped back in April due to me just wanting to move in with him already (we were engaged), and my very religious parents being very much against it. Here's the thing, most of the people attending the wedding have no idea that we're married and will absolutely think that they're witnessing us getting married. Currently, the only people that know are my parents (but not FH's) and my MOH. I think it's justified since the "signing of the papers" back in April is not really of any significance to us. Sure we acknowledge it between us but there's nothing really "special" about that day. We literally did it as a legality to make my parents happy before I moved in with him. We are not wearing our rings yet and will celebrate our anniversary on the date of the upcoming wedding.
    People on WW boo'd a PPD?

I'm calling BS and this is a troll.  Unless WW has had a pretty big philosophical shift. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• So here's the story. "FH" and I are already technically married. We eloped back in April due to me just wanting to move in with him already (we were engaged), and my very religious parents being very much against it. Here's the thing, most of the people attending the wedding have no idea that we're married and will absolutely think that they're witnessing us getting married. Currently, the only people that know are my parents (but not FH's) and my MOH. I think it's justified since the "signing of the papers" back in April is not really of any significance to us. Sure we acknowledge it between us but there's nothing really "special" about that day. We literally did it as a legality to make my parents happy before I moved in with him. We are not wearing our rings yet and will celebrate our anniversary on the date of the upcoming wedding.
    People on WW boo'd a PPD?

I'm calling BS and this is a troll.  Unless WW has had a pretty big philosophical shift. . .
    I thought so too, but then I read the thread and was super surprised.  People were not on board with OP and her plans.  

• I don't think WW is as bad as it once was, or as we like to think it is.

WB, however, makes me yak with glitter.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards