Chit Chat

I got boo'd on wedding wire for this... second opinions PLZ

13»

Re: I got boo'd on wedding wire for this... second opinions PLZ

• So here's the story. "FH" and I are already technically married. We eloped back in April due to me just wanting to move in with him already (we were engaged), and my very religious parents being very much against it. Here's the thing, most of the people attending the wedding have no idea that we're married and will absolutely think that they're witnessing us getting married. Currently, the only people that know are my parents (but not FH's) and my MOH. I think it's justified since the "signing of the papers" back in April is not really of any significance to us. Sure we acknowledge it between us but there's nothing really "special" about that day. We literally did it as a legality to make my parents happy before I moved in with him. We are not wearing our rings yet and will celebrate our anniversary on the date of the upcoming wedding.
    People on WW boo'd a PPD?

I'm calling BS and this is a troll.  Unless WW has had a pretty big philosophical shift. . .
    From the OP they seem to be okay with them for "good reasons" and this didn't qualify except for a few posters who didn't mind at all. 
  • I'm currently searching WB to see if she's trying her luck there. Anyone find anything?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2016
    levioosa said:
    So here's the story. "FH" and I are already technically married. We eloped back in April due to me just wanting to move in with him already (we were engaged), and my very religious parents being very much against it. Here's the thing, most of the people attending the wedding have no idea that we're married and will absolutely think that they're witnessing us getting married. Currently, the only people that know are my parents (but not FH's) and my MOH. I think it's justified since the "signing of the papers" back in April is not really of any significance to us. Sure we acknowledge it between us but there's nothing really "special" about that day. We literally did it as a legality to make my parents happy before I moved in with him. We are not wearing our rings yet and will celebrate our anniversary on the date of the upcoming wedding.
    People on WW boo'd a PPD?

I'm calling BS and this is a troll.  Unless WW has had a pretty big philosophical shift. . .
    I thought so too, but then I read the thread and was super surprised.  People were not on board with OP and her plans.  

I don't think WW is as bad as it once was, or as we like to think it is.

WB, however, makes me yak with glitter.

Yeah, good on them!  Seems the tides had shifted a bit, at least wrt to PPDs.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• mollybarker11mollybarker11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    Huuuge eye-roll to all that "very religious parents" bull. I find it pretty damn hard to believe that your folks were cool with you two boinking once you'd been married in the eyes of the law, but not in whatever religious custom they subscribe to. Is lying about your marriage making your parents happy?
  • WW user here.  She's not a troll.

She's a bootybothered bride who didn't like the answers she rec'd.

Hey OP:  sorry we didn't warn you that TK is MUCH WORSE! bwahaha

Gonna go to WeddingBee next?
    http://67.media.tumblr.com/01bd89810d8df0f42dd7b683d50729ff/tumblr_npge65Cw8a1uo6d60o5_500.gif

Come on over, invite your friends!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards