Wedding Etiquette Forum

Uninviting Guests Etiquette

2»

Re: Uninviting Guests Etiquette

• Well uninviting guests doesn't seem to be the only etiquette blunder OP is working with here.  She wants to have a 3 PM Catholic ceremony, so there is some day light left afterwards for pictures.  And if then having a NYE reception, how long is THAT gap going to be!  She also wondered why Churches won't alter their set in stone weekly mass schedule to accommodate brides!  LOL!

I hope you aren't giving us Catholics a bad name by having a gap in between your ceremony and reception!  That is very rude!

And on NYE to boot!   So some Catholic churches may already have vigil masses in place because NYD is a holy day of Obligation.

I can't imagine wanting to try to attend that ceremony.     That's probably one empty church.  
  • Once you've sent STDs, you must follow with invitations. You're asking your friends and family members to sacrifice their New Years Eve plans to attend your wedding. How do you think they'll feel when they don't actually get invited?

You have two options: cancel the wedding and send out notices immediately, before anyone makes travel arrangements, OR, give up that $175/pp venue and find something less expensive. Good luck with that on NYE.

• Anyone who got an STD or was invited to any pre-wedding events (ie shower, engagement party) needs to receive an invite.  To not send one, is exceedingly rude and possibly friendship-ending.  And to not send one to your boss, whom you have already invited?!?!  That could be career-ending!! 

Don't forget verbal invitations!

OP, this is one of the worst posts I've ever read on the Knot.

If someone on your list has committed assault and you're worried for your or your guests' safety, it is appropriate to uninvite them. None of your petty-ass examples even come close to this. You don't seem like you're taking your wedding/NYE bash seriously.

Pps have it covered:
    1. Find ways to properly host the guests you have invited -- go with a less expensive venue/caterer, cut back on decor, get a second job.
    2. Cancel your wedding, uninvite everyone, elope or plan an event you can afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards