Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Affordable Wedding Venue in NY

we just decided to have a budget friendly wedding. Any ideas on places

Re: Affordable Wedding Venue in NY

• Options
    New York is a really big state and "budget friendly" can mean a whole lot of different things to different people.
  • Options
    For starters, what is your budget? You might be better on the new york board if you want actual specific venue ideas rather than general thoughts. 

• Options
    This is an international board.  You will have better results if you post on your local board.  

• Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2016
    I did crazy research on NY and surrounding venues (long engagement=lots of research time). Many are very affordable on my list. Let us know your budget and I can send a list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Budget is 5000.....
  • Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    5k for the wedding total or just for the venue? If it's for the venue with nothing else included there's these two I consider most budget friendly in NYC (that I know of):
    -prospect park picnic house (5k to hold the place, choose any caterer from outside): it's a nice brick building with a fireplace with an open plan, good for many guests. Beautiful in the fall since it overlooks many trees
    - the Brooklyn society for ethical culture (800-900 per hour, also BYO caterer): a beautiful compact mansion with a yard, great for DIY weddings, their bridal suite is an old library which is pretty cool. This venue looks nicest in the spring.

Here's a link to the rest I found which includes surrounding areas, it's not complete but it has plenty below 5k: 
    Edit: removed link since OP never returned :p rather not keep it up 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In NY - if you go up North many venues are incredibly affordable (Malone, Plattsburgh, etc.)..  Post this on the Local NY boards because this is an international board and a recommendation for Malone, NY or over by the Falls might not be where you are actually looking...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards