Nevada-Las Vegas

In-Suite Reception for 50 - 70 guests

Hello All:

Our wedding is currently slated for August 2017, with that said, I am trying to steer clear of the traditional banquet hall with round tables and a dance floor!  My idea is to do something completely different that will stand out for years to come ... 

I would love to host this in a penthouse suite or villa, with an outside balcony or terrace to accommodate my smoking guests, my only complication is finding a venue that will allow outside vendors as well as a DJ ... Has anyone actually pulled this off, what was the outcome ... 

Currently, I have the Red Rock's 180-degree suite and the Palms Kingpin Suite or 2-story Villa Targeted.  There is also an option that is being passed around of renting the Ghost Bar at the Palms to do the reception party.

I am trying to plan a small reception dinner for those who attend the actual wedding ceremony, currently, I have 35 guests targeted for that! 

Re: In-Suite Reception for 50 - 70 guests

• It depends on your guest list and how much you plan on telling the hotel. ;)
  • I think 50-70 would be tricky in most of the suites that we see suggested on here.  One thing to keep in mind if you are thinking Red Rock is that it's pretty far off Strip.  You may want to consider the transportation needs of your guests, if they are likely to be selecting hotels closer to the Strip.  Palms would be much easier to navigate.

BTW - I love the ghostbar idea!  It's a really cool venue! If you're thinking along those lines, you might also consider VooDoo Lounge across the street.  My understanding is that the attached steakhouse is pretty good, and might solve your dinner issue, while being pretty convenient.

• What night of the week are you talking?  Ghost is very expensive to rent if it's going to cause the place to close for your party.  King Pin is awesome but I'm not sure if it would be a good match for that guest count.  Check this thread from 2012 where someone did Ghost ceremony and King Pin reception:

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/910714/review-uno

Based on her pics, I'd guess far less than 70 guests.

In any case, also check out the Stardust Suite at the Orleans; the rental cost is actually for the catering and the suite is just thrown in, but you can do your own DJ and I've heard the pricing is reasonable on food/booze.  It's a massive suite so might be a good fit.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• BTW - I love the ghostbar idea!  It's a really cool venue! If you're thinking along those lines, you might also consider VooDoo Lounge across the street. 

Please never, ever consider Voodoo. I've known too many people to have the bartender put something in the drinks (myself included). There's no bar watch program and it's just not a safe environment to be bringing guests to.
  • xoeden said:
    Please never, ever consider Voodoo. I've known too many people to have the bartender put something in the drinks (myself included). There's no bar watch program and it's just not a safe environment to be bringing guests to.

Wow! I've been there quite a few times, and never had a problem.  Thank you for the heads up!

• xoeden said:

Wow! I've been there quite a few times, and never had a problem.  Thank you for the heads up!

Consider yourself lucky. I'm regularly at the Rio for a trade show (just got back, actually), and almost everyone I met has some sort of story of someone getting drugged at Voodoo's rooftop nightclub.

If you like the views, go to Ghostbar; same idea, but much more upscale and safer to be drinking in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards