Chit Chat

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

• Holy shit, the Browns are in the lead!
  • Two weeks of terrible football from my Bills. At least I made applesauce and roasted red pepper soup before the game. 
  • edited October 2016
    Good game, @eileenrob! Congratulations!
  • Good game, @eileenrob! Congratulations!
    Aw, thanks!  I was on the phone with my mom earlier and she said "dad is pacing around the living room I guess this is a big game for the Jets" and I was like "yeahh..." but in my head I actually thought "well if we lose at least OWK will be happy" :)
  • @OurWildKingdom FI and his buddy went to Cleveland Saturday night for the game.  He loved Cleveland and the stadium!  He thought the city and said it's fans were a lot like Detroit fans.  
  • @OurWildKingdom FI and his buddy went to Cleveland Saturday night for the game.  He loved Cleveland and the stadium!  He thought the city and said it's fans were a lot like Detroit fans.  

I've always wanted to go to Cleveland for a game and this makes me want to go even more. I've been to a number of away games and Lions fans are my favorite.

I'm sorry that everyone has to watch the Bears tonight. Maybe Lifetime is showing old Golden Girls reruns.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Two weeks of terrible football from my Bills. At least I made applesauce and roasted red pepper soup before the game. 
    Did you see the dildo that a fan threw out onto the field during the game?!

I've always wanted to go to Cleveland for a game and this makes me want to go even more. I've been to a number of away games and Lions fans are my favorite.

I'm sorry that everyone has to watch the Bears tonight. Maybe Lifetime is showing old Golden Girls reruns.

Our stadium is gorgeous, I will say that. And we do have some of the most loyal fans in the NFL.

Any time any of you want to come to Cleveland, you're welcome! 
    Did you see the dildo that a fan threw out onto the field during the game?!
    Yes! I loved how the announcers were like, "Is that a flag? What is that? Oh. Oh, look how good at football Gronk is."

At least there was a little excitement on the field. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten what a finish to that game!
  • @kimmiinthemitten what a finish to that game!
    Right?!  Only the Lions....heart attacks guaranteed every fourth quarter!
  • Way to go Lions.

Eagles played like... Well like Eagles play.  Always stressful in the 4th.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    I've got the Seahawks def on my team.  That Sherman missed call was BS.  He blatantly  was offsides and roughing the kicker.   

And now it's the longest in terms of time in history.  and now it's no good.   

BS.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    I've got the Seahawks def on my team.  That Sherman missed call was BS.  He blatantly  was offsides and roughing the kicker.   

BS.
    But since the whistle was blown before the ball was snapped they can't make the call. Complete BS. That whole sequence was a joke. 
  • lyndausvi said:

BS.
    But since the whistle was blown before the ball was snapped they can't make the call. Complete BS. That whole sequence was a joke. 
    then he got hurt and had to sit out a play.  Then the delay of game.  Then they missed the final kick.     It was a complete joke.

and now they all know they can go offsides, rough the kicker and not get a penalty. 

• edited November 2016
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

BS.
    then he got hurt and had to sit out a play.  Then the delay of game.  Then they missed the final kick.     It was a complete joke.

and now they all know they can go offsides, rough the kicker and not get a penalty. 

Exactly. The precedent alone is dangerous. 

But seriously bad officiating, bad coaching, and I hate Pete Carroll and his complaints about how the Seahwaks never get any calls. Sherman is lucky that wasn't  an unsportsmanlike penalty. 

Also, can we stop Jimmy Graham at least once tonight?!
  • Woohoo.  I made last minute roster changes that resulted in me scoring 196 points.  Blowing the other guy away and keeping my season long placement in the playoffs secure.

• Bills win against Cincy. First W in a month. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. 
  • My eagles are losing... again.    I'm getting my butt kick on Fantasy.       

This is me right now

• Our seats were awesome because a friend gave us an upgrade; but FI and I got boozy yesterday so the Lions weren't the only ones struggling the first half. 

But as the cast of Hamilton says, a wins a wins a wins a win. That is what they say right?
  • The guy I'm planing is 10. well now 11-0.    He has AJ green and still kicked my ass.   I'm only 3rd, so not horrible in the league.   All of his picks were auto-draft because he forget it was draft day   :o

• I forgot about this stellar move I made at the bar last night:  I picked up Rob Kelley (R. Kelley) of the Redskins off of the waiver wire while singing "I can fly."

It's a good thing I don't drink and trade!  

@lyndausvi I hate good auto draft people. Number 1 in one league and 2 in the other are auto drafters. Bastards. 
  • I'm so glad my Vikings won! Honestly, if they hadn't won yesterday, I was starting to look for when they would win again this year...
  • @kimmiinthemitten      :o

That should make you happy this Thanksgiving.

• @lyndausvi  the game was so much fun!  It was my first Thanksgiving game and won't be my last. The crowd was just electric. Those refs were awful but like I said last week:  a wins a wins a wins a win. As soon as the game was over the Lions released playoff tickets and we already have ours. FI is going nuts over the possibility of a home playoff game. It's only been 23 years. 

Good luck Sunday everyone else!

• @lyndausvi  the game was so much fun!  It was my first Thanksgiving game and won't be my last. The crowd was just electric. Those refs were awful but like I said last week:  a wins a wins a wins a win. As soon as the game was over the Lions released playoff tickets and we already have ours. FI is going nuts over the possibility of a home playoff game. It's only been 23 years. 

Good luck Sunday everyone else!

I am convinced when the Bills finally make the playoffs after 16 years there will be rioting in the streets in Buffalo. 

A must win against Jacksonville keeps the hope alive.  
  • Sigh, Eagles lost.     At least I won my fantasy matchup.  Only by 3 points.  Against DH.  Ha, won both matchups against him.     I'm on to the playoffs.